Time Gated Decorating Has Got to Go!

Kelly.7019

I really hope by the end of Janthir Wilds the time gated part of decorating will be gone!

It kills your momentum and creativity if you have to wait a week to craft more decorations. Black market is too expensive for me at 6+gold per 1 decoration(not counting other mats-feels like guild hall decorating prices(and isn't the black market i had envisioned for gw2)). Really wished refined mats were 1 each not 24+. If you are looking to make decorations in mass say for track or architect stuff and are not just interior decorating in spaces(even still its bad) then you are going to blow thru your stock pile of 3k fibers on top of the 1500 in storage quite easily! My refined wood is already gone, fibers just about and metals i have more of. I know this is late and others have discovered this issue sooner, i've been busy with RL stuff last 3 weeks, but oh my... my stockpiles are depleated and I have to wait a week to continue? This is uninspiring to decorate.

p.s. not all decos require 24 refined stuff, just most of what i'm crafting does.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

I do wonder now if part of the point of timegated is to keep people out of their homestead so they don't just sit in there all the time.

Another reason could be slowing the process down to keep players decorating until new update / new decorations come.

Without timegate some people could finish decorating within one or two weeks and ignore new decorations because "they already are finished".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Another reason could be slowing the process down to keep players decorating until new update / new decorations come.

Without timegate some people could finish decorating within one or two weeks and ignore new decorations because "they already are finished".

Or you have people like me, who don't bother that much with homestead decoration because not all decorations are available yet.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Or you have people like me, who don't bother that much with homestead decoration because not all decorations are available yet.

Yes, it is aggravating. I want to continue and, frankly, finish up at least what I have already planned out in mind, but can't, because the decoration is still locked to Handiworker. Blargh.

• Confused 1

I imagine that part of the reason for the limits is to encourage homestead decorating to serve as a drain on as many different crafting materials as possible, rather than just on one. "I've made all the homestead materials I can with copper ore this week; well, better start buying with iron."

7 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Isn't the gold option unlimited?

If so, there are no timegate. "expensive" isn't a timegate, by definition.

Nope, it's limited to 300 purchases per week.

9 hours ago, Randin.5701 said:

I imagine that part of the reason for the limits is to encourage homestead decorating to serve as a drain on as many different crafting materials as possible, rather than just on one. "I've made all the homestead materials I can with copper ore this week; well, better start buying with iron."

That's a reason for individual caps, but not for the total cap of 1000 materials per week (plus the gold option).
If the distribution between mats was the (only) goal, there wouldn't be a cap for the gold option.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Confused 1

Believe me no one will ignore new decorations if they are quality ones. Many of my favourite decorations, mostly festival ones, are yet to be released. This is why I shelved homestead decoration and also I am a little burnt out from editing and redoing stuff in the GH with the new editing toys 😄

Are we ever going to get that aquarium decoration that was in the demo? Or is it just a bait? 😕 Maybe make a quality one with real water in it and detailed with plants and marine lives. Put it in the gem store if you must, I don't care.

Sorry I digress. I ran out of homestead wood despite having 2k+ at start. Time gating, limitations sux 👎

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 1