Obvious bug in new Homestead system: The Mining Collection box skips 2 nodes.

GeraldBC.4927

Update, I tried it again with some changes. I put the scavenger glyph back in, but I once again waited a solid minute after opening the wood box before opening the mining box. This time it collected all  the nodes again. 

It's the timing, I'm certain of it now. If you rush opening the boxes too fast, it fails to pick up two of the nodes for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think I have most nodes, but I ALWAYS double check they've been gathered just in case.

There is however another 'possible' bug with the collection boxes…

IF you're doing the dailys and your told "Collect X of Y using Z", harvesting the nodes manually adds them to the dailys count BUT using the 'collection box' does not, it will harvest them but that's all.

Edited by Talis Whitewolf.4183

I have also all nodes and its totally random what happened with the mining box. Sometimes its collecting all mining nodes and today i had 3 nodes left. Im watching this problem a few days now too and every day is totally different.

Watchknight for mining box

Volatility for logging and harvesting box

Edited by Mutator.7981

I had this occour a few times when gathering plants -> wood -> ores in a row.

However, I started sharing my home and therefore gather the plant ones at the end of the day (so other players can grab my garden plants).

Now I gather wood -> ores in a row and plants at the end of the day.  I never had this bug occour since doing so.
Maybe simply gathering ores first (or second) is the trick?

Heyhey,

i ve got the same problem. Not only in the homestead but also in the guild halls. I was wondering today, if it is mabey too much input in a short period of time, so i was waiting before the mining box until all the items have "flown in" on the right side. AND IT WORKED. will be trying this the next days again. Would be nice tho, if they would also be capable of picking up more items faster 🙂

for record: got all the nodes in homestead with volatile magic glyph, in guild halls are also the mining and logging nodes affected, which are the ones with the most output and quantity of items, so my thesis could be right haha

Edited by Gwandolina.5860

On 9/18/2024 at 2:58 AM, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

The only Node that is skipped for me on a daily basis is the [ Wintersday Tree of Generosity ].

The Wintersday Tree has you collect the gift, not chop the tree. Hence, it does not count as a tree.

I am confused, though, why the Orrian Oyster tank, which is gathered as a plant, is not auto-collected alongside all the plants. 🤷‍♀️ Does it auto-collect yours, since you also have all the nodes?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am confused, though, why the Orrian Oyster tank, which is gathered as a plant, is not auto-collected alongside all the plants. 🤷‍♀️ Does it auto-collect yours, since you also have all the nodes?

For me it indeed get gathered together with the plants.

I kept an eye on it because it's weird place. I assumed it gets gathered with the trees (bc of the position), but when checking I saw it gets gathered with the plants.

Just tested this out by collecting the ore first, then the timber, then the plants. Ore was fine, timber was fine. Plants left two uncollected!

This is with a full homestead, all plants/wood/ore nodes in place.

So it's down to how many collections you are trying to make in a short period of time, not specific to ore. Hopefully this helps the Devs figure out the solution.

• Like 1

I haven’t had this problem, but the timing idea is interesting. I use a volatile glyph, but pull it out of my pick everyday and move it from box to box. I go left to right, so do the stand alone racks, then the plants, then mine, then wood, then wintersday tree. Maybe the time it takes me to move the glyph and direction I go has let me avoid the issue?

Edited by notebene.3190

10 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

My today's test fits your assumption.

I gathered plants -> ores -> wood fast in a row and 4 trees were not gathered. Ores had no problems.

The problem definitely is not restricted to the ores.

Honestly, this may not even be a homestead issue. It may be purely down to the speed of gathering breaking some kind of internal limitation. It just happens to be the auto collecting within the homestead that's triggering it.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:30 PM, kiroho.4738 said:

My today's test fits your assumption.

I gathered plants -> ores -> wood fast in a row and 4 trees were not gathered. Ores had no problems.

The problem definitely is not restricted to the ores.

Another test, same result.

Gathering ores -> wood -> plants: one plant (from the gardeing pot) was not gathered.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

Update, I tried it again with some changes. I put the scavenger glyph back in, but I once again waited a solid minute after opening the wood box before opening the mining box. This time it collected all  the nodes again. 

It's the timing, I'm certain of it now. If you rush opening the boxes too fast, it fails to pick up two of the nodes for some reason. 

Yep it's definitely the timing.  I've tested this too since I read your post.  If I run like usual to quickly get it done, it definitely misses nodes.  If I start with mining and rush to the others it will skip the harvesting, so it isn't exclusive to ore.  It's still annoying.