MMO Mouse Recommendations?

Barabbas.8715

1 hour ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

razor Naga

I had mine all break.

From the scroll wheel skipping, to randomly disconnect (not broken cable, not bad port) to the track sensor just going bananas making the mouse move while stationary (no occlusion or debri in the sensor) to the left click just dying after a ridiculous short time, I finally quit on them, got a $15 MSI one, zero issues for the last 4 years.

@Barabbas.8715

While those MMO mice sound nice, prepare to replace them much more frequently, their quality control is abysmal, I have no doubt @Atoclone.4810Β is gonna reply with "what you talkin brah mine has been running for 80 years" I'm glad you got a peach in between all the lemons, consider yourself very lucky.

4 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

@Atoclone.4810Β is gonna reply with "what you talkin brah mine has been running for 80 years" I'm glad you got a peach in between all the lemons, consider yourself very lucky.

Yeah, I've seen others have issues but I haven't, however with another product of theirs I can confirm the customer service is pretty bad

i use corsair scimitar , bit like the naga but way more sturdy , especially the side 12 buttons , also the software is a bit less cluncky than the naga one , but still crap (have no more lights on my mouse , so hard to figure out on which mode i am) only probelm with the mouse (as every mouse it seems) is the right and left click are quickly overused and after a certain time (way too short) you kind of need to press two times to get the click , but of any mouse with 12 buttons side i find out this corsair to be the best option , you can also move the side pad front or backwarsd to have better access to the 12 buttons , and one layer out of 2 (3 numbers) has some grip to help you figure out on which set of numbers your thumb is.

I'll echo in favor of Corsair.Β  I've used them and husband uses themΒ  for other games and they hold up very well.Β  The only real wear we ever see is his left mouse button eventually runs out of clicks so to speak, just from over use (after 2+ years). I find many of the models oversized for my hands but they are good for man hands lol.Β  Β And no bugs.

100% agree with the people recommending the Corsair Scimitar. Best MMO mouse I've owned by far. I had to replace my Razer mice pretty much once per year, I've had the Scimitar for 4 or 5 years at this point and it's holding up significantly better. I cannot recommend it enough if this is the type of mouse you're looking for

• Like 1

Β  I've been using a Razer Mamba for 3 generations, which means that the first one died, the second one is still working as a back up (but one of the main buttons fails sometimes) and the last one keeps going. From the Mamba I love the ergonomics, but I miss enough side buttons, so is not perfect for an MMO (entirely fine for most of genres, tho).

Β  Β I also bought a Naga, and gifted it to my brother: I hate the ergonomics (specially the side rest for the pinky) and the side buttons are too small. So, I didn't like it.

Β  Β I also bought the Logitech 604; it seemed almost perfect because has similar ergonomic to the Mamba and only 6, well placed and diferentiated side buttons. But has two drawbacks to me: the software from Logitech's mouses if the bigest POS I've experienced in my life, and the upper extra buttons are placed in the corner of the left upper button instead of behind the wheel as in the Mamba (I remap all the buttons since I never change sensibility on the fly once I tuned it to my tastes in games).

Β  Β So I don't have a clear answers: I like the software and ergonomy of Razer's Mamba but I would like it to have 6 side buttons as the old Naga or the Logitech 604. So far, I don't think my ideal mouse for GW2 does exist, actually. And I've spent A LOT of money in high end mouses over the last 20 years...

Edited by Buran.3796

On 9/20/2024 at 10:39 AM, Atoclone.4810 said:

I use the razor Naga, the only real issues I've had is me trying to get clever with the software with out reading the instructions

I'm using razer Naga now and have no complaints. I was previously using the g600 but I needed something I could take on the go easily. The Naga is now my main mouse. If you buy from Amazon you can always return.Β 

I didn't opt for the Naga V2 which was double the price. I don't know if it's any better.Β 

On 9/19/2024 at 2:50 PM, Barabbas.8715 said:

I've had the right-click bug with my Logitech g600 for a while now and it's getting to the point that I don't want to deal with it anymore. I want a new mouse that is confirmed not to have this problem and that is both affordable and will fit my big strong mighty man hands. Any suggestions? πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄

If you're open to other ways to get more buttons, I use an offhand keypad, the one Razer sells as "Tartarus". It's a little over $60 on sale and fits big hands.

Set up keys 3 + 7-9 as arrows and map the rest to whatever you want (1-10, etc). Then rock the thumb d-pad to temp map 1-10+. I use d-pad forward (right) for shift-F1 through 10 for mounts, others to toggle FPS mode, look behind, 180 flip, etc. Then: default spacebar, thumb button to Interact, d-pad down for Special Action. That's a whole lot of keybinds. Stick targeting and autorun on a replacement G502 or whatever. Super ergo for combat and movement, and you're just using the regular keyboard for menus and chat.