So I'm seeing a lot of Spear Warriors in ToL

1 minute ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

Meanwhile Mesmer with his 360 degree AoE damaging skills, Phatasms, and invis...

Mesmer has like half of the toolkit unreliable or straight up unusable due to facing requirement (gs2, shield5, every mantra, dagger2, dagger3, arcane thievery), and most of these skills have facing requirement BUT WILL NOT TURN YOUR CHARACTER! YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY AIM THEM!

6 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Im explaining this to you one last time and when you inevitably say dumb things like this again ill refer back to this:

-Imagine having an elite spec that is over performing so ungodly hard that its essentially not beatable conventionally if played semi-competently.

-Imagine that profession having weapons that are completely outdated and desperately need buffs/reworks. But that elite spec is still overperforming so hard it can make the weapons work in spite of this.

-Imagine the profession gets new weapons that actually are good and up to standard of what weapons should be. The weapons are a overtuned but nothing that cant be fixed.

-Now imagine this HEAVILY overperforming elite spec gets a hold of these new amazing weapons and ruins the fun for everyone even more.

-The people who play the profession state the obvious issue of the elite spec being super oppressive and to handle that before balancing the new amazing weapons so we can actually get a fair scope of what the new weapons actually are capable of when not being abused by the super overperforming elite spec.

-The forums where the balance devs look for genuine information have a total kitten-fit and demand the new weapons get gutted, not fixing the overperforming elite spec causing the issue to begin with.

-The people who play the profession zealously plead for people to understand that this is a massive issue caused by the elite spec overperforming on every level and to handle that first so we get a genuine grasp of what the weapon should be capable of when not being abused.

-Balance devs listen to the incorrect feedback of the forums and guts the damage/utility of the new weapons by as much as 40% and nukes the healing potential of the other one.

-Super oppressive elite spec keeps using weapons, now with a little less effectiveness and just goes back to using its previous loadouts which are similarly oppressive (Hammer/dagger+shield).

-Rest of the profession now gets access to use a weapon thats balanced based on the super oppressive elite spec and cant effectively use it anymore. 

-The people who told you this would happen and that the elite spec would still overperform are bitter because the root issue wasnt fixed and the new weapon wasnt balanced fairly.

-No other spears that are overperforming are getting nerfed or even touched.

-The Elite spec thats overperforming is getting used and abused by everyone and their mother for free LP and rewards, community still complains. The profession mains that know what the issue is and are actively getting ignored/scorned laugh at the community for not understanding the basic concept of "cause and effect".

> You are here in the timeline. <

-Super oppressive spec gets even more buffs and the community reach a fever pitch with their complaining about it again.

-3 months later after the elite spec truely abused to the point where you cant ignore it anymore as a developer, the overperforming elite spec gets hard nerfed.

-The overperforming elite spec gets nerfed and no compensation buffs for the "new" weapon are provided to make it more viable for the rest of the profession and more build stagnation comes into effect.

This is as basic of an explanation that can be given, ive even provided a preview of whats going to happen in the future for your ease of understanding.
@Lan Deathrider.5910, @Azure The Heartless.3261, @Captain Crapface.7528, @Zekent.3652 tell me if I missed something.

I salute you on writing all of this in a clear, concise and comprehensive way.
I admire your patience outlining everything about why us, who care about Warrior, are angry and disappointed with what Arena Net choose to "Balance"
I believe that if someone still doesn't understand, after reading all of what you wrote in that post, they have to be willfully ignorant, or trolling. 
I thank you for your service!

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Hey!

I loved cartwheeling with spear 3 .

If that was cheesy then I accept my new Skaven title, yes-yes.

I can forgive up to 4 weird skills if one of them is SICK.

It went from cartwheels to perma stealthing to nothing.

11 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

> You are here in the timeline. <

-Super oppressive spec gets even more buffs and the community reach a fever pitch with their complaining about it again.

-3 months later after the elite spec truely abused to the point where you cant ignore it anymore as a developer, the overperforming elite spec gets hard nerfed.

-The overperforming elite spec gets nerfed and no compensation buffs for the "new" weapon are provided to make it more viable for the rest of the profession and more build stagnation comes into effect.

Again, this is pre-whine, Spear wasn't gutted, and you're expecting "compensation" for your class literally having a great past year+ of relevance. Totally out of touch.

8 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Okay. I understand y'all don't want to engage with the argument and want to keep trying to frame it as something it isn't, but keep that same energy when its your turn alright? Just remember we didn't heckle you when lock on and distortion got axed.

Spear was only fractionally useful on bladesworn and berserker, and now it's less so. The only class that was causing problems with it now uses it exclusively (because its functionality was unchanged and so it even works with nerfed spear.)

Engi didn't deserve heckling because it was eating harder nerfs than Warrior while not even being top of the meta lol. It's just sad and not making fun of them wasn't some exercise in restraint from the PvP community. Mesmer always deserves nerfs (true now, half joking otherwise).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Endo.1652 said:

Hey if you feel bad about engi spear just remember this, at least it isn't thief spear lmao.

Thief is strong elsewhere. Thief has also had the abomination that is Axe, compared to Engi Shortbow. In fact Engi's past 3 weapons have all seen minimal play compared to others: Mace, Shortbow, Spear.

Regardless, competing for being the weakest is weird and pointless.

9 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Thief is strong elsewhere. Thief has also had the abomination that is Axe, compared to Engi Shortbow. In fact Engi's past 3 weapons have all seen minimal play compared to others: Mace, Shortbow, Spear.

Regardless, competing for being the weakest is weird and pointless.

Strong or not. Axe is boring af to use

On 9/30/2024 at 10:18 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

Again, this is pre-whine, Spear wasn't gutted, and you're expecting "compensation" for your class literally having a great past year+ of relevance. Totally out of touch.

Right, willfully ignorant and/or trolling. The only part of the profession having a good time was Spellbreaker, the rest of Warrior as a profession was totally outclassed by any other profession.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
Removed needless insulting.
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

I salute you on writing all of this in a clear, concise and comprehensive way.
I admire your patience outlining everything about why us, who care about Warrior, are angry and disappointed with what Arena Net choose to "Balance"
I believe that if someone still doesn't understand, after reading all of what you wrote in that post, they have to be willfully ignorant, or trolling. 
I thank you for your service!

Thank you, I try my best.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

It is a bit funny how the Forum Warrior brigade assembles to circle-jerk each other whenever the Nerf symbol appears in the sky. But we try to keep it civil here.

If and when your Warrior destroying nerfs do appear, I'll shed a single tear for you.

Honestly bro - you're disrespectful and disingenuous. Please go make a forum thread requesting changes for engi. Every time you've been given good faith reponses in this thread you ignore those and respond with inflammatory nonsense. Who do you think you are rofl? Check your self my G. @WingSwipe.3084 has overlooked like 5-6 highly disrpectful comments from you now. I have, and so have a handful of others. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

If and when your Warrior destroying nerfs do appear, I'll shed a single tear for you.

Lol as if I didn't play the same crap for years. "Warrior destroying" means go back 1-2 years ago, its w/e.

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Honestly bro - you're disrespectful and disingenuous. Please go make a forum thread requesting changes for engi. Every time you've been given good faith reponses in this thread you ignore those and respond with inflammatory nonsense. Who do you think you are rofl? Check your self my G. @WingSwipe.3084 has overlooked like 5-6 highly disrpectful comments from you now. I have, and so have a handful of others. 

I was being needlessly rude.

Thats on me, deep apologies.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

On 9/30/2024 at 4:08 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I didn't try spear berserker, does the autotracking work if you don't move?

It does autotrack but on a incredibly weird and wonky undetermined 45-60 degree angle in front of you. No one that uses Zerker spear knows what the break off angle for the skill is, it feels like the required angle changes depending on the stars alignment during that moon phase.

The instant someone moves out of that undetermined angle the skill just stops casting and consumes all your adrenaline. This includes if the microsecond you start the cast and haven't gotten a spear out yet, so any kind of irregular movement from a mob or player cancels the skill unless you are facing them dead on. Thats why using it on anything other then a stationary target feels... strange and/or frustrating

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 6:31 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It's not hard to understand Woodstock.

-> A warrior synergy surfaces that makes the class unkillable.

-> Warrior players say "nerf the spec that is problematic instead of reaching into core (weapons are core now) to address the overperformance",

-> People get annoyed and demand the most recent new toy put into the game gets nerfed despite the problem being with the spec synergy.

-> Anet doesn't nerf the spec. instead they nerf everything around it, including core available skills.

-> The synergy still works on the problematic spec, while the other specs cannot leverage the nerfed skills and get weaker. [YOU ARE HERE. It was all spellbreakers wasnt it]

-> Anet finally axes the actual problem, but doesn't revert or scale back their original nerfs.

-> Anet finally axes the actual problem, but doesn't revert or scale back their original nerfs.   <----  You are now here.

See yall next week for the next problem and how it shouldn't at all be treated like this one was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

-> Anet finally axes the actual problem, but doesn't revert or scale back their original nerfs.   <----  You are now here.

See yall next week for the next problem and how it shouldn't at all be treated like this one was.

Did they do all that much though? The evade on spear was painful when fighting a SPB, FC CD increase is nice but its 1.5 sec. Balanced stance pinging ponging CD. The defiant stance might be the only big thing and I'm not sure if its that big.