Raven Ceremonial Armor

Howdy! I'm interested in getting this good looking armor set. I know that it can be had in the Icebrood Saga and started playing it, it's pretty interesting. However, info about how to get it on GW2 Wiki is non-existent and what little I've found on YouTube is real vague. Can anyone point me to some info on how to get this?

Thank you!

• Confused 1

one is a possible drop from a chest from Drakkar

the others are possible drops from chests from the strike missions.

(on the wiki, you need to click the links of the links of the links of the links to get the answers sometimes.)

or... check the trading post to see if they're inexpensive enough for you to buy with gold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I agree with @Astralporing.1957, the wiki is generally fantastic but it's not quite as fantastic here as it normally is. Take the hood for example. It drops from the ground chest at Drakkar. But in order to find that out, a new player would look up the armor, click through to the hood page, possibly be confused and sidetracked by the fact that the three weights are listed separately there, eventually click through to the Drakkar's Hoard page and see that it drops there. Yay. So let me check out this Drakkar thing. Okay wait, now it's telling me that Drakkar's Hoard drops from a bonus chest after beating the boss, and the hood isn't listed in its contents. Goes back to Drakkar page. Okay, there's another Drakkar's Hoard listed there, and that takes me back to the page that says that the hood drops from it, and there's a disambiguation link that's telling me the two Drakkar's Hoards that drop from the Drakkar boss are different things. But the wiki is using the same icon for both. Huh? But okay, it seems like the hood I'm looking for is dropping from the ground chest in the picture, and I'll just ignore the little icon thing. But wait. It tells me the bouncy chest that drops the Drakkar's Hoard I don't need only drops once a day. What about the ground chest that does drop the thing I do need? No info there. Etc. If I was the sort of person who edited the wiki, I'd probably add a line, or perhaps a note, to the acquisition that clarifies it there and prevents all the additional clicking/confusion . . .

Which is basically just to say that I could see how a new player might be confused by it all and come ask on the forum instead . . .

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 9/30/2024 at 12:38 PM, Gop.8713 said:

I agree with @Astralporing.1957, the wiki is generally fantastic but it's not quite as fantastic here as it normally is. Take the hood for example. It drops from the ground chest at Drakkar. But in order to find that out, a new player would look up the armor, click through to the hood page, possibly be confused and sidetracked by the fact that the three weights are listed separately there, eventually click through to the Drakkar's Hoard page and see that it drops there. Yay. So let me check out this Drakkar thing. Okay wait, now it's telling me that Drakkar's Hoard drops from a bonus chest after beating the boss, and the hood isn't listed in its contents. Goes back to Drakkar page. Okay, there's another Drakkar's Hoard listed there, and that takes me back to the page that says that the hood drops from it, and there's a disambiguation link that's telling me the two Drakkar's Hoards that drop from the Drakkar boss are different things. But the wiki is using the same icon for both. Huh? But okay, it seems like the hood I'm looking for is dropping from the ground chest in the picture, and I'll just ignore the little icon thing. But wait. It tells me the bouncy chest that drops the Drakkar's Hoard I don't need only drops once a day. What about the ground chest that does drop the thing I do need? No info there. Etc. If I was the sort of person who edited the wiki, I'd probably add a line, or perhaps a note, to the acquisition that clarifies it there and prevents all the additional clicking/confusion . . .

Which is basically just to say that I could see how a new player might be confused by it all and come ask on the forum instead . . .

They don't need to click through the individual armor part pages, the boxes are right there under "acquisition" at the main raven armor page.
But lets say they do need to click on individual part anyways. Even then I'm not sure how that's supposed to be convoluted. Where does the hood come from? [acquisition] It comes from a box -click. Ok, where does the box come from? [acquisition] It comes from something called "drakkar's hoard". What is it? -well... click.
"Drakkar's Hoard is a chest that spawns after defeating Drakkar during [Group Event] Defeat Drakkar (80) in the Bjora Marches."

I'm not sure what's complicated there and why you're -as far as I understood what you wrote above- manually looking up drakkar's hoard instead of simply.. clicking (which is faster, easier and more accurate) on drakkar's hoard on the page you'd learn about it as someone looking for the source of those items?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I can see why you're confused, as you're trying to point out how someone can easily find the information, while I was pointing out how easily a new player could become confused by how it is presented. It can be difficult to see from another's perspective after all, so I can see how another experienced player might struggle with that, and I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to bring that perspective to your attn : )

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gop.8713 said:

I can see why you're confused, as you're trying to point out how someone can easily find the information, while I was pointing out how easily a new player could become confused by how it is presented. It can be difficult to see from another's perspective after all, so I can see how another experienced player might struggle with that, and I'm pleased that I had the opportunity to bring that perspective to your attn : )

Not really. In your epistle you create the confusion yourself by manually looking up Drakkar's Hoard instead of clicking the link to it on the armor's page. And then you come to the right page by going back to the armor and clicking the specific link there, which takes you to the right page. Click the link the first time and this confusing situation does not occur. And clicking the link instead of typing the name of the item in a search query is definitely the more logical option.

Whether the chest drops more than once or not doesn't matter because they now know where to go to get it, which is what they were looking for to begin with. I agree with Sobx here. There is no confusion but the one you created for your hypothetical situation by adding an illogical action. I assume all MMO players have used the Internet for quite some time and are aware of the basic principle of clicking on a link to get to a specific page.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

The only thing "I was confused about" was this part:

I'm not sure what's complicated there and why you're -as far as I understood what you wrote above- manually looking up drakkar's hoard instead of simply.. clicking (which is faster, easier and more accurate) on drakkar's hoard on the page you'd learn about it as someone looking for the source of those items

And you still did nothing to explain. So seeing from your perspective, it seems you went out of your way to find another chest instead of clicking on the link on the already mentioned/visited page. You didn't bring any new perspective here, especially with this -obviously intentional-  evasive non-response : )

9 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Not really. In your epistle you create the confusion yourself by manually looking up Drakkar's Hoard instead of clicking the link to it on the armor's page. And then you come to the right page by going back to the armor and clicking the specific link there, which takes you to the right page. Click the link the first time and this confusing situation does not occur. And clicking the link instead of typing the name of the item in a search query is definitely the more logical option.

👆💯

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

Hardly the first time two ppls have been wrong about the same thing, so no shame for you either \o/

You're funny. I'm not ashamed to be wrong because there is no shame in that. It's funny you associate being wrong with shame, though. Funny, and sad that this is what you've been taught.

Also, in this case neither of us was wrong ("us" being Sobx and me). Because of 👇

3 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

It wasn't my perspective I was sharing. Again, I was simply pointing out I can understand how a new player could easily be confused /shrug . . .

You mean someone who has never used the Internet and is completely oblivious about one of the most basic principles: the link? It's literally 2 clicks, nothing more. It also doesn't matter which of the 2 Drakkar Hoards contains the armor piece, because when you partake in the event you get them both anyway.

Also, if I manually enter Drakkar's Hoard on the GW2 Wiki page, I end up on the correct page, namely the one that lists the Raven Ceremonial Hood as a possible drop. Beats me how someone ended up on the wrong page, unless they entered a faulty search query.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well, you're trying to be but... 🙄 

You didn't present any perspective other than show how you can try harder to look for a thing you're not looking for. You said in this case wiki isn't clear, but following wiki is as easy as it gets. The only thing that could make it unclear for you was you intentionally leaving wiki to start googling whatever you wanted to google instead of simply clicking on the links on the wiki page. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1