Homesteads need Commanders

Hmm there Tags should become more accessible to the majority , like in a previous thread that shown that 300 gold is a heavy cost .

(We don't want o give monarch powers in few tags , to have the lfg as their own playground  :p)

(Old gg let's try not to miggle-segdagate at the future Meta map and show us the afk counter.)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am, apparently, missing something here. You list your homestead in LFG? Why?

I have a full home instance with all available nodes, and there are many people who join daily to gather those. It's been common practice since... forvever. 😄

24 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Hmm there Tags should become more accessible to the majority , like in a previous thread that shown that 300 gold is a heavy cost .

That's not the point. I am not asking for a squad commander tag for this. Make a custom "Home Owner" tag for Homesteads, so that no one can hijack your group and you have full control over your LFG ad.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can more than 5 people join homestead? I do not know, did not try yet.

If not then it is not different from putting your home instance into lfg, which did not seem to be a problem for....forever.

What I mean is, it really has nothing to do with the homestead itself but lfg system right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I have a full home instance with all available nodes, and there are many people who join daily to gather those. It's been common practice since... forvever. 😄

Oh, for that. People in my guild do that as well, just not via LFG.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Oh, for that. People in my guild do that as well, just not via LFG.

Check the Party section, most of the time you will find at least 1 person offering their Homestead there. It is much more practical than it used to be with the standard Home Instances, because people can now join you from anywhere, anytime.

In Home Instances, you had to group up before you enter and everyone had to be in the same city and enter at the same time. Now you can LFG all day long, if you want, with people coming and going. 🙂 

15 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Can more than 5 people join homestead?

Yes, but not at once. Only 5 people can be in the instance at the same time.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Can more than 5 people join homestead? I do not know, did not try yet.

If not then it is not different from putting your home instance into lfg, which did not seem to be a problem for....forever.

What I mean is, it really has nothing to do with the homestead itself but lfg system right?

i think this is quite incorrect, as the home instance and homestead are different by design. for a home instance, you gather a group of players in a city, you all enter at once, and then the owner has to leave and reopen with another group aftewards. homesteads on the other hand are entirely hotjoin!

this means a homestead listing usually just stays on the lfg all day long while the owner is watching a video or something,.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

I agree this is a problem with lfg, not homesteads specifically. Merging in particular. If they can't fix it -- and apparently they can't or they would have with how frequently it's bemoaned -- they should just remove it . . .

This is worse than merging a squad. If someone merges with your squad, you at least still have control over that squad (LFG text, groups, kicking etc).

If someone merges with your Homestead party, they can change your LFG text and even enter their own Homestead and then advertize your party as theirs, which forces you to leave and start all over (or go through the pain of asking people to kick that person, since you have no sole control whatsoever).

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think this is quite incorrect, as the home instance and homestead are different by design. for a home instance, you gather a group of players in a city, you all enter at once, and then the owner has to leave and reopen with another group aftewards. homesteads on the other hand are entirely hotjoin!

this means a homestead listing usually just stays on the lfg all day long while the owner is watching a video or something,.

Oh, you can (owner) can just stay in homestead while other players join and leave? I had no idea it works like that.

• Like 1