DPS Meter

Kiwi.6532

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:Sorry, I don't have an actual answer for you, just the question. Why? Why do you even need this?

dps meters help you improve. After installing arc, I discovered that my damage in fractals was pretty bad. This was obviously because i was moving and dodging and curing all over the place, instead of letting our healer do his job.

But until you don't see it, you don't believe it. I discovered that dps can and will plummet if you don't find the way to be efficient.

Only once someone told me my dps was bad. And i had been sucking all of my life before that!!!!

How did you not know your DPS was bad? It's incredibly obvious when your DPS isn't good, it takes too long to kill things. The DPS on my main is not good. It takes a long time to kill stuff because he's designed around survival not DPS. He can take multiple hits that would instantly defeat other builds, but I don't pretend his DPS is good just because I don't use a meter.

Maybe his dps wasnt that Bad and he was in zerker gear. I mean If every1 in ur party does 20k dps and you do 15k, meter is a good way to see that.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:If you see someone in raid under performing dont kick help person get better

Hmmm... Here is what I got from T4, not even raids, when trying to help someone. Power reaper, he was (didnt kick him for it)"Mate, could you use pots and food? We all are. It makes your life easier, along with everyone else's. Also, that locust sig could be replaced with a better utility. Thanks""I wanted to do 86 first, why you change it to 96?""Its all in the dailies, mate. We will do 86 later. We always start with the highest to lowest. Now, about that food and pot--""Stfu. I want to do 86."

And it goes on till the kick. Please, PLEASE dont tell me you havent run into guys like this one. Being helpful, is one thing. The other side has to want to be helped. People, apparently, hate being told that they have better alternatives in endgame stuff. So... There is that. Dont get me wrong, elitism exists, people will also oftentimes say "noob signet nec, kick" without as much as a second glance. But... YEah.

People who kick others for they dont meet silly requirments are bullies > @Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:If you see someone in raid under performing dont kick help person get better

Hmmm... Here is what I got from T4, not even raids, when trying to help someone. Power reaper, he was (didnt kick him for it)"Mate, could you use pots and food? We all are. It makes your life easier, along with everyone else's. Also, that locust sig could be replaced with a better utility. Thanks""I wanted to do 86 first, why you change it to 96?""Its all in the dailies, mate. We will do 86 later. We always start with the highest to lowest. Now, about that food and pot--""kitten. I want to do 86."

And it goes on till the kick. Please, PLEASE dont tell me you havent run into guys like this one. Being helpful, is one thing. The other side has to
want
to be helped. People, apparently, hate being told that they have better alternatives in endgame stuff. So... There is that. Dont get me wrong, elitism exists, people will also oftentimes say "noob signet nec, kick" without as much as a second glance. But... YEah.

If they dont want to be helped then those who better should carry that person anywayWho are they too judge that there way is better

There is so much more that makes a player skilled than damage per second alone. Some players may have lower DPS but higher survivability and/or healing stats allowing them to survive where pure DPS specced players are dead on the ground. It is hard to measure the value of a player in a party with a number value, even if you take defensive and healing capabilities into consideration. The ability to lead, follow, communicate and know the strategy is at least as important to the success of the party.

It can be good to know DPS, but I would not judge people on it. And that is where the core of the problem is. People get judged on DPS alone.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:There is so much more that makes a player skilled than damage per second alone. Some players may have lower DPS but higher survivability and/or healing stats allowing them to survive where pure DPS specced players are dead on the ground. It is hard to measure the value of a player in a party with a number value, even if you take defensive and healing capabilities into consideration. The ability to lead, follow, communicate and know the strategy is at least as important to the success of the party.

It can be good to know DPS, but I would not judge people on it. And that is where the core of the problem is. People get judged on DPS alone.

well, when you join a group as a dps,it is natural to be judged on your dps.and if you run healing stats for whatever reason you are propably in the wrong group anyway.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

If they dont want to be helped then those who better should carry that person anywayWho are they too judge that there way is better

You are, apparently. You said, "...then those who better should carry that person..."

Games are played in, hopefully, peoples' leisure time. So, two people are playing in their leisure time. Why is the leisure time of the person who does not want to be "helped" more important than the leisure time of the person who does not want to "carry" him?

Archived