Unbound Magic Tools

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:I'm still not getting anything from the volatile magic tools. Unbound magic is awarding fine, though.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/350641/#Comment_350641

Fixed an issue in which the bonus drops for certain gathering tools were not functioning. The Volatile Magic gathering tools will be fixed at a later date.

@unverified.9608 said:Cloth and leather nodes do not use tools to harvest... so there is no tool that should give magic when gathering from them... that part at least is not a bug...

Actually they do use tools, the same sickle used for plants is used to harvest leather and cloth nodes.

I can confirm that after the latest patch, the unbound tools still do not reward unbound magic when harvesting a cloth or leather node in the guild hall. I haven't checked WvW nodes yet.

Edit: I check both leather and cloth nodes in WvW and they still reward unbound magic when harvested, so it's only the guild hall nodes that are bugged.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So the Unbound Magic Harvesting Blast does not give me unbound magic for Plant Synthesizer 1 in Gilded Hollow but for maxed out Plant Synthesizer in Windswept Haven.I don't get unbound magic for any leather or cloth synthesizer in all three guild halls. Yes i have three guilds with three different guild halls and three different levels of synthesizers so i can gather in three guild halls.I gathered today and the official site for the support ticket has a flaw that made me hesitate so write a ticket... Firefox says it is insecure.

FYI I wrote a ticket about this during Wintersday. For me it was the Frostbitten tools. I assumed it was a petty decision not to give the snowflakes because the tool tip on the item states for plants. Those tools were limited use item, it just seemed a cheesy decision. Perhaps it wasn't a decision but a bug with a low priority, not that that makes me feel any better LOL

@Tigerkralle.1435 said:So the Unbound Magic Harvesting Blast does not give me unbound magic for Plant Synthesizer 1 in Gilded Hollow but for maxed out Plant Synthesizer in Windswept Haven.I don't get unbound magic for any leather or cloth synthesizer in all three guild halls. Yes i have three guilds with three different guild halls and three different levels of synthesizers so i can gather in three guild halls.I gathered today and the official site for the support ticket has a flaw that made me hesitate so write a ticket... Firefox says it is insecure.

That's just a anomaly with some browsers, and add-ons, etc. The site is secure. You can try another browser and/or device. Not that the CS Team will probably say much other than either the Devs are aware and/or to post on the forums.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This bug applies to the Volatile Magic sickle and presumably other bonus item sickles as well (such as the Frostbitten tools, although I haven't tested it.) The bug is specific to the "plant" (including cloth and leather) synthesizer nodes in the Guild Halls. The WvW synthesizers work fine.

Archived