PRX Looking For Server

Bee.9217

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@henchmen.1856 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You guys could rejoin SoS, they're in 2nd in tier one battling with BG who's number one for a while, and no real 3rd place competition so it might not take long to get them to "number one" with your help. TSYM just got back there from retirement too, so it'll be like getting the band back together again 5 years later...

Not sure any other server wants to be "number one" at the moment, just because of population and coverage differences.Although it might be time to get Dragonbrand back to tier one so they can implode for like the 6th time!.You just missed JQ opening, I'm some on there may still want to return to tier one.Mag does not want tier one.FA I think likes tier two mostly.YB might be interested in tier one, there are rumors some are interested in that but it's mixed.CD I believe got some transfers in recently, not sure how high they want to take the server.

P.S Kinda shocked you guys want to come back, the game has changed a great deal with elite specs and combat, and a whole lot less players, guilds, and competition around. But I guess it would seem like a new game if you haven't played in some time.

Nobody on JQ wants to go back to tier one.

except all the jq people who have posted in other threads about wanting to be competitive with bg............ thats main reason why blackout happened....

Check out how "stacked" JQ is with a spreadsheet with all the guilds on NA.

guilds =/= people

see, the blackout may not have been to be competitive with bg, it may have been to be competitive with the mammoth linked servers these days. don't assume/

With SoS rarely throwing in the t1 towel and positive attitudes towards it it's likely the best suited in terms of giving all hell to BG whenever you want. With the third wheel rarely or not interested at all during the t1 week waiting to get banged back to t2 it'll be tough to gain natural momentum, sadly.

The atmosphere on SoS handles t1 well, but the bodies wear thin at some times as Kovu mentioned.

The truth is most servers want nothing to do with T1 and you would probably not be welcome. ANET refuses to fix the BG situation (which they created). And as Skyshroud mentioned the current server caps will make it impossible to get enough people on the server you pick to compete with BG's hugely overstacked numbers.

ANET has no interest in competition. But they will gladly take your transfer dollars.

The current state of the stuff:BG: been #1 for ages since anet mistakenly opened them and allowed the masses to stack to morbidly obese amounts.SoS: Tries, really tries to beat BG. Almost did it. Has TSYM driving the efforts. Needs a cooperative 3rd server to really put the squeeze on BG.Everyone else: Does not want T1, will actively compete to avoid it. Since the system change to 1 up 1 down, whoever 'wins' t2 is really the loser of the week since they have to fight in t1.

T2 and T3: Generally full of fights, depending on who's there. CD is fun to fight with guilds like BAN and TAG. TW recently came back to the game on CD as well. Look for CD to make an impact in t2 or t1 esp if they pick up that EU guild from Mag. YB is a good fight, now that they've shed their seige-loving ways for the most part. TC and DB have numbers, but they're not ... that great. JQ has OnS/SF/Flux driving NA, but we're lacking solid off-hours coverage. Mag is mainly driven by their 'cloud' meaning a large group of players that can operate effectively without a commander. Has a few guilds who are a good fight in addition. I'm not really sure on the state of FA, we haven't seen them in a few weeks. T4 is.... a desolate wasteland.

Servers get 'linked' every 2 months. So, the next relink is the end of February. Last relink, every server except BG and JQ received a link. They attempt to link servers so that everyone has generally around the same numbers, tho still less than fatty BG. Server populations are calculated now by player activity, instead of actual numbers of people on the server.

If your goal is truly to get to number one, I'd say go back to SoS if you can work with TSYM, or CD if you want some great fights guilds backing you up. This game is in a very different state from when you guys left, but there's still some fun to be had.

Would be fun to have a competitive WvW, where everyone wants #1 place; and that wouldn't mean coverage per "tick"... maybe points per capture, per defending and per kills. Something. The system we have now doesn't allow that. PPT is about coverage, nothing else, and these coverage wars are decided solely by Anet these days. Thus a "win" means nothing.

Welcome back to the game. Despite all the naysayers GW2 WVW offers the most dynamic PVP type play out there right now. So people do gravitate back. I hope you find a good place to settle, certainly there are plenty of servers in T3/T4 that would welcome you. Best of luck.

F L Ö a Tarnished Coast admin and Guild Leader/Commander Valkyrja Söngur [ODIN]

@Bee.9217 said:PRX is considering coming back to GW2, we played back at launch and are primarily a WvW guild. We would like to go to a server that could use us with the goal at getting to number one.

If you played with us before and would like to rejoin us for this stop by our forums at www.prx-guild.com .

TC needs some inspiration

@Bee.9217 said:PRX is considering coming back to GW2, we played back at launch and are primarily a WvW guild. We would like to go to a server that could use us with the goal at getting to number one.

If you played with us before and would like to rejoin us for this stop by our forums at www.prx-guild.com .

The only server lately that I have heard want to push BG is actually SOS the others shy away from T1 so much so that tanking is now the new norm. Linked servers get toxic grief if you happen to put them in T1

@Sovereign.1093 said:Check wvwstats.com to see w/c server suits you best. But if you're starting over and want fresh people who like wvw, check out nsp. :)

I don't find wvwstats accurate in visualizing timezones. For example, SEA time usually is 9pm to 12am (GMT+8) but for wvwstats, it include past 12am to I think 2am which in reality, most SEA people already went to bed and any outburst of populations during that time is mainly by early NA/EU people.

@LetoII.3782 said:I remember prx's gm's farewell video. He had valid complaints about the game 5 years ago...

All of those complaints you'll find are still present.

There is not really a better game out there, since GW2 we have played AA and BDO both with pay to win cash shops. With all the faults GW2 does have our guild had some great times in this game, we met lots of people who fought with us and against us. We will not be coming back with the numbers we had last time, but we are looking to have some fun maybe add a few people to play with us. No game is perfect after all and the person who made the video is coming back for more.

@Bee.9217 said:There is not really a better game out there, since GW2 we have played AA and BDO both with pay to win cash shops. With all the faults GW2 does have our guild had some great times in this game, we met lots of people who fought with us and against us.

Its nice to have someone around with that kind of perspective. =)Waay too much bitching about the game's perceived imperfections goes on in this subforum.

Like my personal favourte, the obstructed-when-trying-to-use-a-ranged-weapon-at-point-blank-range bug. It makes me really salty. =<This isn't Fire Emblem. You can shoot the guy fucking next to you.

~ Kovu

Archived