I like the mesmer rework but...

zealex.9410

@"Vieux P.1238" said:If you read OP's comments history, it's amazing how bias he is & the amount of comments posted by him that he has against mesmers. & yet he has no quarrel on defending his favorite class the old spellbreaker before patch. WOW, Op's plz stop!

Attack my current arguement and thread not my previous one as at this point they are either irrelevant or have already happened. U say it hate towards mesmers i say its "better balance for the entirety of the game" Also what spell breaker? I think i have a total of 15 hours in any warrior character. Meanwhile i got more than 1k hours on my mesmer hence why i mainly talk about it.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:If you read OP's comments history, it's amazing how bias he is & the amount of comments posted by him that he has against mesmers. & yet he has no quarrel on defending his favorite class the old spellbreaker before patch. WOW, Op's plz stop!

Attack my current arguement and thread not my previous one as at this point they are either irrelevant or have already happened. U say it hate towards mesmers i say its "better balance for the entirety of the game" Also what spell breaker? I think i have a total of 15 hours in any warrior character. Meanwhile i got more than 1k hours on my mesmer hence why i mainly talk about it.

I am really confused how you think balancing around the ability for a full burst build to kill a half dead distracted character will result in better balance.

@Levetty.1279 said:

I am really confused how you think balancing around the ability for a full burst build to kill a half dead distracted character will result in better balance.

A fully burst build that can dish out so many phantams that can basically sustain its burst dps and kill full hp targets multiple times over.

What an incredibly gimmicky video omg :D using Mass Invi + signet + torch just to have 3 stealthes is omegalul.

Who plays chrono power anyway? It melts in 2 seconds. Especially on zerk gear, you are good for 1 kill then you will be insta-busted every time you go near an enemy. And people are actually asking for nerfs based on this. Ridiculous.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:What an incredibly gimmicky video omg :D using Mass Invi + signet + torch just to have 3 stealthes is omegalul.

Who plays chrono power anyway? It melts in 2 seconds. Especially on zerk gear, you are good for 1 kill then you will be insta-busted every time you go near an enemy. And people are actually asking for nerfs based on this. Ridiculous.

Calling power chrono weak omegalul.

@zealex.9410 said:

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:What an incredibly gimmicky video omg :D using Mass Invi + signet + torch just to have 3 stealthes is omegalul.

Calling power chrono weak omegalul.Well I'm not sure which build you actually think is strong. If you are running GS power with chrono, you will drop dead in the first moment. Lack of defenses in the current meta is pretty much suicide. Dodge shield4, then he has a blurred frenzy for defense. That's it (apart from distortion and dodges obviously).

I have only met one in Plat t2 and it's incredibly inferior to power mirage, one of the easiest 1v1 matchups.

The bunker chrono build is strong, but you won't use GS with that.

@zealex.9410 said:

A fully burst build that can dish out so many phantams that can basically sustain its burst dps and kill full hp targets multiple times over.

Yet you were unable to produce a video of that.

@Levetty.1279 said:

heres a mesmer deleting the a scourge using "everything" and then procceds to kill 2 more ppl. (which of the 2 the mesmer was already 40%~ but bare in mind he burned "everything" on that necro at the start)https://youtu.be/ZpADioPTP2g

@zealex.9410 said:

heres a mesmer deleting the a scourge using "everything" and then procceds to kill 2 more ppl. (which of the 2 the mesmer was already 40%~ but bare in mind he burned "everything" on that necro at the start)

So he proceeded to break away the scourge so it was without any team support. That’s called tactics as it’s well known necro in general is weak with said support.Mesmer was 40% percentish so nothing to say there since that Mesmer probably burned his evades and distortion to fall back and reposition.Guardian got nuked by literally everyone at mid because the mesmers teammates essentially captured the point.

What exactly am I supposed to see here? That necro needs a buff to their sustain? That’s nothing new, necros have been crying for years that they need more access to stab and sustain other then shroud which scourge doesn’t get just barrier.Or am I supposed to see the other low health power mez from the way he was critted on, didn’t use his god like sustain to avoid two obvious zerkers?Or am I supposed to see that the game really needs bunker builds cause that guard got his shit ate 1v3 potentially 1v4?

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

heres a mesmer deleting the a scourge using "everything" and then procceds to kill 2 more ppl. (which of the 2 the mesmer was already 40%~ but bare in mind he burned "everything" on that necro at the start)

So he proceeded to break away the scourge so it was without any team support. That’s called tactics as it’s well known necro in general is weak with said support.Mesmer was 40% percentish so nothing to say there since that Mesmer probably burned his evades and distortion to fall back and reposition.Guardian got nuked by literally everyone at mid because the mesmers teammates essentially captured the point.

What exactly am I supposed to see here? That necro needs a buff to their sustain? That’s nothing new, necros have been crying for years that they need more access to stab and sustain other then shroud which scourge doesn’t get just barrier.Or am I supposed to see the other low health power mez from the way he was critted on, didn’t use his god like sustain to avoid two obvious zerkers?Or am I supposed to see that the game really needs bunker builds cause that guard got his kitten ate 1v3 potentially 1v4?

The guard droped from 80-90% down to 40% by 1 zerker at which poiny he just turned around and gs2 killed him.

No u are supposed to see that the clone/phantasm generation is insane and that right after killing the scourge literally 2 seconds after than he can still burst just as fine.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:not sure why you are bothering zealex. profession sub forums are the worst place to go for opinion/feedback when you raise negative points about said profession.

Going in the pvp or the fractal/raids forums to talk about class balance does nothing. If a dev wants feedback on a class he will look at the class specific subforum. Also this isnt really a discussion this is aimed at Anet since no matter how much i love this rework its clear the class overperforms.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Sandzibar.5134 said:not sure why you are bothering zealex. profession sub forums are the worst place to go for opinion/feedback when you raise negative points about said profession.

This isn't constructive feedback though. Its just videos of a burst build killing half health enemies.

The second vid shows both the sustained dps/burst this build can pull off as well as the availability of said burst and the clone/phantasm generation.

@zealex.9410 said:

This isn't constructive feedback though. Its just videos of a burst build killing half health enemies.

The second vid shows both the sustained dps/burst this build can pull off as well as the availability of said burst and the clone/phantasm generation.

I can pretty much show you the same kind of burst from Engy, War, Ele, Ranger, thieves, necro & all the classes bursting out targets in 2 sec flat. Do you really need us to start linking vids showing you how this kind of burst is all across the board & not just reserved to mesmers? Cuz we will flood you!

So i got to add my analysis of your vid.Rank platnumMesmer Chrono GS/staff hybrid build Prolly on zerker build or at least marauder since one of his Berserkers critted 5k damage on the first target.

0:27 into the vid The necro (Scourge) - First of all, any dps or pew pew thieves would of downed that Scourge in 2 sec flat. Can you tell it was a Glassy build? Try the same hit on anything else a bit tougher & you'l get a different result.

From the Chrono, You can see from that first initial attack how noob the necro was. From spamming all his defensive maneuvers & dodging away from his teammates in 3 seconds flat after that first attack. On a panic with No more dodges or evasif manouvers the necro left himself alone & defenseless. The necro decides to retaliate at 0:34 sec into the vid with only 18% of his life point left. He had nothing else to do But in a another panic, spam every attacks he has. Notice that the Chrono to finish him off had to use all of his shatters & all of his Phantasm to finish off the scourge with 1 dodge left for defensive maneuvers. At 0:43 the Chrono goes back to mid to his next target.

At 0:48 into the vid the Chrono targets a Glassy GS power shatter mesmer that's at 51% life points remain. The Chrono uses staff 5 & removes 10% life point of the mesmer & then switches to GS finishing him off with GS 4 berserker & gs3. Did i mentioned that this mesmer was at 51% life point & was glassy build?

0:58, Now 3rd targeted The thief. Well that thief did right. He did the smart thing & got out of dodge Cuz the engy was no longer there for some reason & only one left was the guardian.

4rth & final target. The Guardian.1:00 min exactly in. The guardian is targeted by our Super Chronoman. Notice that the Guardian already incurred some damage & is at 75% LP by the time the Chrono is targeting him. Oh did i mentioned that it's seems to be a 3v1 vs the guardian? & again that the Chrono spams all of his remaining phantasm to add to the already onslaught the Guardian is receiving from what what it seems to be 3 players targeting him. I actually think he survived 1.5 seconds instead of 0.2 seconds. WoW i'm impressed!

zealex.9410 .... Idk what you actually trying to prove here about the mesmer but i just debunked it!

@Vieux P.1238 said:

I can pretty much show you the same kind of burst from Engy, War, Ele, Ranger, thieves, necro & all the classes bursting out targets in 2 sec flat. Do you really need us to start linking vids showing you how this kind of burst is all across the board & not just reserved to mesmers? Cuz we will flood you!

I got no issue with that just do it on the respective subforums where they belong.

i love how people say "they're obviously glassy" when a profession gets bursted down but fail to realize that stats like toughness and boons like protection don't do much in terms of damage mitigation because of the large power creep of most elite specs nowadays and some skills. but hey who am i to judge right? according to others i don't know much. -shrug-

@"Ghos.1326" said:i love how people say "they're obviously glassy" when a profession gets bursted down but fail to realize that stats like toughness and boons like protection don't do much in terms of damage mitigation because of the large power creep of most elite specs nowadays and some skills. but hey who am i to judge right? according to others i don't know much. -shrug-

Hahaha funny how i know there glassy build just by the amount of damage a phantasm such as the Berserker does to one when it hit's. Plus also on platnum most everyone who plays necro or mesmers plays the metabuilds for the quick wins. If your luckY! :dizzy:

Archived