GW2 sound / music is really high level.

FASTCAR.7831

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@FASTCAR.7831 said:I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

A+++I may leave my THODIO XC hooked up forever on the PC !Movies and tv sound amazing as well.

I'm sorry but this has nothing on a pair of Yamaha HS8's hooked up through an external soundcard.

WrongCustom speakersCustom ampsALL hand madeActually saw mine get built :)

I have the larger XC...but

Sadly I don't think a custom built speaker in that price range can compete with one from a conglomerate that has been producing studio monitors for 50 years xD besides, considering playback on studio monitors through an external soundcard gives you a different depth of sound altogether, I'm definitely not wrong.

That's a cool boombox though I would love one!

Wrong againStop thinkingI have legacy audio (whispers,look em up) 7 monoblock amps ect ect, 250,000$ or so in my main systemI know soundThese Thodios are amazingHow can you speak on something you never have heard or seen?sillyALSO, off topic

*You think Yamaha is good sound? That speaks worldshttp://legacyaudio.com/

lets stay on topic about GW2 music :)Heard about 90% now.Still 100% blown away by the quality of this.Sound production is blockbuster,high $$$ movie level.

AnywayTY GW2 team who did music and even game sounds !!!!Just the sound of my sweet sweet slingshot is amazing (shortbow)=P

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

@FASTCAR.7831 said:I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

A+++I may leave my THODIO XC hooked up forever on the PC !Movies and tv sound amazing as well.

I'm sorry but this has nothing on a pair of Yamaha HS8's hooked up through an external soundcard.

Sadly I don't think a custom built speaker in that price range can compete with one from a conglomerate that has been producing studio monitors for 50 years xD besides, considering playback on studio monitors through an external soundcard gives you a different depth of sound altogether, I'm definitely not wrong.

Wrong againStop thinkingI have legacy audio (whispers,look em up) 7 monoblock amps ect ect, 250,000$ or so in my main systemI know soundThese Thodios are amazingHow can you speak on something you never have heard or seen?sillyALSO, off topic

*You think Yamaha is good sound? That speaks worlds

lets stay on topic about GW2 music :)Heard about 90% now.Still 100% blown away by the quality of this.Sound production is blockbuster,high $$$ movie level.

AnywayTY GW2 team who did music and even game sounds !!!!Just the sound of my sweet sweet slingshot is amazing (shortbow)=P

Lmao so you bring your 250k system into it, like my £500 monitors are going to compare.

I am purely stating that this beatbox does not compete with a pair of HS8's, if you think that, you are deluded.

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

*You think Yamaha is good sound? That speaks worlds

Lmao so you bring your 250k system into it, like my £500 monitors are going to compare.

I am purely stating that this beatbox does not compete with a pair of HS8's, if you think that, you are deluded.

Have you heard them side by side? I have :)VS countless others also ( B&W, Paradigm,polk,dynauadio,cambridge, ectect)Again, as a rule ..dont talk about things you know nothing about.

Not sure why we are still talking about this, off topic.

I can see why you might think this is a boombox/beatbox like from the 80s. It is notThis has all custom HIGH end stuff that very high $$$ stuff uses.

I have the larger XCAfter putting it side by side ( personally) to perhaps ( didnt count) 30 various size and brandsit was nearly the same (eyes closed) to an amp/pre amp to a pair of Prestige 15B bookshelf (Paradigm)Not sure, they retail 800ish? Forget

Not bad for a "beatbox"I do not work for or get paid by THODIOI just like having the best of things,w/e it is.This radio is really quite shocking

I am done on this topic.Post again if you get and TEST one :)Or at least hear one

*Have now head every trackReally impressed.Not sure any game ( of my 21 MMOs) had this high budget HQ music and sound.Mostly done with forums as it seems to be trollville onlyBack to gaming

***GW2 Sound team A+++Music and game sound bothSadly, I think most people dont have the gear to even hear just how good sound is.For fun I hooked it to my main system ( 250k $$ ish talked about above)StunningWont bore ya with the entire systemThe Whispers make this sound like a movie with a 100 mil+ budget, THAT goodCheershttp://legacyaudio.com/products/view/whisper-xd/

Semper FiGunny

GW2 music is awesome, really. I do love it. Mostly. The only reason I don't have in-game music enabled is the Lion's Arch music.

Suggestion: Add an option to turn off music for individual maps.

If that doesn't work, please make the permanent Mistlock Sanctuary pass available in the Gemstore. That way I don't have to visit LA at all. At least not on a regular basis.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:It makes me sad when people say they don't listen to the in-game music. It's marvelous -- it so enhances the whole Tyrian experience so much. But hey, that's my personal opinion, and to each their own, eh? As for sound, I marvel at the sound in the game, and how complex and varied and rich it is.

We're very fortunate to have such talented musicians and artists on the team!

Gaile, another poster in a diff thread said the soundcloud lacks the LS4 ep1 stuff. Is it possible that can be looked into?

Sure, I can ask about that. Thanks for pointing out the request. :)

@"JackassTheX.6351" said:I can barely get through "Fear Not this Night" without shedding a tear or two, it's just something in the melody. The overall soundtrack is epic as well, such great, memorable melodies. I can't imagine doing World Completion without music.

I'm right there with you. <3

• 2 weeks later...

@Arden.7480 said:It also hurts me when I hear somebody's never been listening to GW2 music...I personally bought PoF not because of Mounts, maps, but for the music, I know everyone at Anet is trying their best, but I think the music always stood on the highest level and I was never disappointed by GW2 music. :)

For me, it's because I spend so much time on Discord while playing, it's hard to hold a conversation with the music up. The few times I do play with the music up I really enjoy it

Archived