GW2 sound / music is really high level.

FASTCAR.7831

I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

A+++I may leave my THODIO XC hooked up forever on the PC !Movies and tv sound amazing as well.

@"Heraldusluminare.2946" said:Agreed.

But as a more visual person, I have to say the graphics team also put in a lot of effort too. Have you noticed how even grass isn't just a repeated tiled texture? mind blown

Sorry, had to get that one in there.

Well after 21 MMOs, this one (graphics ) seem average at best for a cartoony style

personally I could care less at all about graphicsI would rather they spend more time on game play and less on eye candy.

500 Korean games looked great...and stunk

I won this gaming machine at work, at the time 4500$ or so, have fast military ( usually) net, 9 pingThat said, I run my stuff "best performance" for any combat advantage

the music it self is nice to listen to, for GW2 it just sucks.the reason why i say this is because most of the tracks are not made for in-game use, maybe as a movie sound track but nowhere near what a game OST should be.the GW1 OST however i the opposite, it fits the environments and tailored made for every map.

@"FASTCAR.7831" said:I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

A+++I may leave my THODIO XC hooked up forever on the PC !Movies and tv sound amazing as well.

I'm sorry but this has nothing on a pair of Yamaha HS8's hooked up through an external soundcard.

• ArenaNet Staff

It makes me sad when people say they don't listen to the in-game music. It's marvelous -- it so enhances the whole Tyrian experience so much. But hey, that's my personal opinion, and to each their own, eh? As for sound, I marvel at the sound in the game, and how complex and varied and rich it is.

We're very fortunate to have such talented musicians and artists on the team!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:It makes me sad when people say they don't listen to the in-game music. It's marvelous -- it so enhances the whole Tyrian experience so much. But hey, that's my personal opinion, and to each their own, eh? As for sound, I marvel at the sound in the game, and how complex and varied and rich it is.

Gaile, another poster in a diff thread said the soundcloud lacks the LS4 ep1 stuff. Is it possible that can be looked into?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:It makes me sad when people say they don't listen to the in-game music. It's marvelous -- it so enhances the whole Tyrian experience so much. But hey, that's my personal opinion, and to each their own, eh? As for sound, I marvel at the sound in the game, and how complex and varied and rich it is.

It also hurts me when I hear somebody's never been listening to GW2 music...I personally bought PoF not because of Mounts, maps, but for the music, I know everyone at Anet is trying their best, but I think the music always stood on the highest level and I was never disappointed by GW2 music. :)

I really like the Music in GW2, same for the first Guild Wars.But if i listened hundreds of times to the same (beautiful) Songs over and over since i play this game (first Beta), even the best composed Song gets boring at some point.Thats why i am glad that GW2 has this neat Custom playlist, where i can place my own songs.Imo this Feature needs much more Recognition because it holds the experience always fresh through variety.Please Anet, make this feature available in the ingame-options, so everyone can notice it.For anyone who still doesnt know about this feature:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Music is from Jeremy Soule, one of the most talented composer in video game industry.Now from my point of vue, gw2 is not the best he has done. Some are great, but I prefer gw1 music.

Soule only did the launch soundtrack. Living World and both expansions were done by ANet's in-house composers.

Honestly, the later music is much better. Soule did great work on GW1, but his GW2 work wasn't on the same par.

I love the music, and I often listen to all 3 soundtracks on youtube while at work, but I have it turned off in game since it only ever seems to play the same handful of songs xD

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Music is from Jeremy Soule, one of the most talented composer in video game industry.Now from my point of vue, gw2 is not the best he has done. Some are great, but I prefer gw1 music.

Soule only did the launch soundtrack. Living World and both expansions were done by ANet's in-house composers.

Honestly, the later music is much better. Soule did great work on GW1, but his GW2 work wasn't on the same par.

The in-house team have knocked it out of the park ever since Living World launched. Vastly superior to Soule's work on GW2 imo, and instrumental (ha!) in giving the game a much more unique soundscape. I always buy the game/xpac soundtracks and would happily buy some kind of compilation of other Living World tunes if released in similar formats. It's nice that we get the tunes for free on Soundcloud, but it's not my favourite channel for listening.

I wish they'd put the music on CD. I'm old enough to remember why vinyl died and to be appalled it's somehow popular again. I'm also old enough to be confused by having to sort out massive playlists with software. I just want to slide a disk into a slot and hear the music that is on that disk, please!

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@"FASTCAR.7831" said:I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

I'm sorry but this has nothing on a pair of Yamaha HS8's hooked up through an external soundcard.

WrongCustom speakersCustom ampsALL hand madeActually saw mine get built :)

I have the larger XC...but

@FASTCAR.7831 said:

@FASTCAR.7831 said:I literally turned off the game music and most sounds day #1I got a new sound system, to test it I hooked it to the pc and turned on the sound /music of GW2WOW, I had idea the time and detail put into the audio on this game.

WrongCustom speakersCustom ampsALL hand madeActually saw mine get built :)

I have the larger XC...but

Sadly I don't think a custom built speaker in that price range can compete with one from a conglomerate that has been producing studio monitors for 50 years xD besides, considering playback on studio monitors through an external soundcard gives you a different depth of sound altogether, I'm definitely not wrong.

That's a cool boombox though I would love one!

Archived