This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

@Israel.7056 said:the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. ... We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges.

Is there anything you don't find annoying in this game? lol

Killing other players is fun.

Rude. Must be on Maguuma.

I am but that doesn't really matter now. What matters is getting Anet to add an item that lets us skip the heart portion of map completion for a price.

@Israel.7056 said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

In principle, I agree: hearts are fun once or twice, but subsequently, dullsville. In practice, however, they are one of the fundamental challenges in map completion & I think it would trivialize the accomplishment.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges.

The reason for that has nothing to do with whether they are annoying or not. It's so that people who primarily play WvW don't have to sully themselves setting foot outside the Mists simply to train up elite specializations.

So if you want to start a new thread to request that ANet offer a way to permanently unlock LS3-4|PoF heart vendors without repeating the heart each day... that I would support.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

@Israel.7056 said:the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. ... We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges.

I am but that doesn't really matter now. What matters is getting Anet to add an item that lets us skip the heart portion of map completion for a price.

Because my Maguuma senses were tingling. They already made something to skip Hero Points in WvW. I don't see a reason not to add a comparable item for that as well...then vistas...then discovery locations...then etc. That way! We can all queue up EBG non-stop and sit afk in a T3 smc fighting crap tier servers.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

In principle, I agree: hearts are fun once or twice, but subsequently, dullsville. In practice, however, they are one of the fundamental challenges in map completion & I think it would trivialize the accomplishment.

The reason for that has nothing to do with whether they are annoying or not. It's so that people who primarily play WvW don't have to sully themselves setting foot outside the Mists simply to train up elite specializations.

So if you want to start a new thread to request that ANet offer a way to permanently unlock LS3-4|PoF heart vendors without repeating the heart each day... that I would support.

It would trivialize the "accomplishment" insofar as it would no longer be a badge of boredom tolerance.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

Because my Maguuma senses were tingling. They already made something to skip Hero Points in WvW. I don't see a reason not to add a comparable item for that as well...then vistas...then discovery locations...then etc. That way! We can all queue up EBG non-stop and sit afk in a T3 smc fighting crap tier servers.

Bitter snark aside those suggestions all sound good to me.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

Give that man a prize.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

Again, you might be playing the wrong game then. The snark was his point. And the mere fact you think his suggestion was a good one is pretty telling in and of itself.

But good luck with your suggestion.

Thing with map completion is, it's not just an achievement – it's a learning experience. The more you do a heart, the more you realise what the most efficient ways to do it are. Some are easier to skip until a particular event gives you all the enemies in one convenient wave. Some I kill enemies then go and do more of the map while they respawn because that's a better use of time.

With newer renown hearts being repeatable, I doubt skipping them is likely to be on the cards.

@Manpag.6421 said:Thing with map completion is, it's not just an achievement – it's a learning experience. The more you do a heart, the more you realise what the most efficient ways to do it are. Some are easier to skip until a particular event gives you all the enemies in one convenient wave. Some I kill enemies then go and do more of the map while they respawn because that's a better use of time.

With newer renown hearts being repeatable, I doubt skipping them is likely to be on the cards.

The hero challenges are repeatable too but they can be skipped.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

Again, you might be playing the wrong game then. The snark was his point. And the mere fact you think his suggestion was a good one is pretty telling in and of itself.

But good luck with your suggestion.

Telling of what?

Not really snark. Keeping it real given my NA account is on Maguuma. I do not care either which way if ANET's allows such an introduction of comparable rewards in Spvp/WvW. However...they could just add legendary gear in those given game modes nullifying the primary need of Gift of Exploration (that requires hearts). But if you wish to have aesthetics in regards to specific legionaries(legendaries you stupid auto correct) you are going to have to deal with it as is for now.

@Israel.7056 said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

I don't mind doing hearts for map completion on my alts after finishing it on my main, but I do feel irritated that in order to purchase something from a heart vendor in PoF now, you HAVE to complete the heart another time just to purchase from them. That is annoying. I don't mind repeating those I have fun with but give us the option when clicking on that heart vendor of either redoing the heart or purchase from their inventory.

@Israel.7056 said:

It would trivialize the "accomplishment" insofar as it would no longer be a badge of boredom tolerance.

That is, in fact, what a lot of MMO "achievements" are measuring: tolerance for boredom, generously referred to as "perseverance." Map completion, in general, is a slog. Hearts either exacerbate the grind (for you & I) or liven it up some (for many others).

So yeah, removing hearts from core map completion turns it into: "how fast and accurately can you fly your griffon?" i.e. it would trivialize it.

That is, in fact, what a lot of MMO "achievements" are measuring: tolerance for boredom, generously referred to as "perseverance." Map completion, in general, is a slog. Hearts either exacerbate the grind (for you & I) or liven it up some (for many others).

So yeah, removing hearts from core map completion turns it into: "how fast and accurately can you fly your griffon?" i.e. it would trivialize it.

So to be clear you're saying that you see perseverance in and of itself as a virtue regardless of what it's directed at and that anyone who is willing to endure the boredom of base map completion displays this virtue and so the primary test of this virtue i.e hearts should be left unskippable so that people with this virtue can continue to have a badge that says to other players "I persevered through the boredom?"

Archived