This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

@Israel.7056 said:To any ANET people reading this thread: I would buy gems for this item, that's how much it would be worth to me and I'm sure many others would buy gems for this as well.

Translation: Dear ANet, I will gladly pay-to-win.

Perhaps, it would benefit you and the community more if you asked for the Hearts to be more rewarding or worth your time instead?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Israel.7056 said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

So you want pay2win and you also want it to be for their own money.... lol :astonished:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Israel.7056 said:To any ANET people reading this thread: I would buy gems for this item, that's how much it would be worth to me and I'm sure many others would buy gems for this as well.

Perhaps, it would benefit you and the community more if you asked for the Hearts to be more rewarding or worth your time instead?

Having already done map completion at least 8x I support the option to buy heart completion even if its with gems. We can unlock the waypoints with gems so why not?

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Dear anet I will gladly pay for convenience which is already something you let me pay for in many other areas of the game.

P2W is a totally different thing there's no competitive advantage gained from map completion. It'd be p2w if there were some powerful item attached to map completion but there isn't it's just necessary to gain gifts of exploration which are necessary for legendary crafting. As I'm sure you know legendaries don't offer any particular competitive advantage over ascended items which are very easy to acquire.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Israel.7056 said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

In principle, I agree: hearts are fun once or twice, but subsequently, dullsville. In practice, however, they are one of the fundamental challenges in map completion & I think it would trivialize the accomplishment.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges.

The reason for that has nothing to do with whether they are annoying or not. It's so that people who primarily play WvW don't have to sully themselves setting foot outside the Mists simply to train up elite specializations.

So if you want to start a new thread to request that ANet offer a way to permanently unlock LS3-4|PoF heart vendors without repeating the heart each day... that I would support.

It would trivialize the "accomplishment" insofar as it would no longer be a badge of boredom tolerance.

That is, in fact, what a lot of MMO "achievements" are measuring: tolerance for boredom, generously referred to as "perseverance." Map completion, in general, is a slog. Hearts either exacerbate the grind (for you & I) or liven it up some (for many others).

So yeah, removing hearts from core map completion turns it into: "how fast and accurately can you fly your griffon?" i.e. it would trivialize it.

So to be clear you're saying that you see perseverance in and of itself as a virtue regardless of what it's directed at and that anyone who is willing to endure the boredom of base map completion displays this virtue and so the primary test of this virtue i.e hearts should be left unskippable so that people with this virtue can continue to have a badge that says to other players "I persevered through the boredom?"

To be clear, no. I'm not saying it's a virtue. I'm saying that is how RPGs have worked since their inception and that it is no minor matter to change that.

To some people, exploration is boring. To some, the hearts are the fun part, the unlocking of PoI is the tedious aspect. There are are utilitarian rewards from map completion (exotics, mats, and especially the gift of exploration), so removing hearts as a requirement has a meaningful economic issue.

I'm not saying hearts should be left untouched. I'm saying there are consequences to making them easily skipped.

We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

Unless you are trying to get the map completion chest without doing the work, I genuinely don't understand why you don't just ignore them. The heart vendors wont have anything a veteran player needs (except that extra exp you need to level quickly). If you find them boring maybe a better approach is ask Anet to make more frequent fun events that also count toward heart completion. I can get behind a demand for more frequent events. Here I'll start: ANET I DEMAND MORE EVENTS IN THE CORE GAME! HEART COMPLETION IS BORING WITHOUT THEM. :)

@nopoet.2960 said:

Unless you are trying to get the map completion chest without doing the work, I genuinely don't understand why you don't just ignore them. The heart vendors wont have anything a veteran player needs (except that extra exp you need to level quickly). If you find them boring maybe a better approach is ask Anet to make more frequent fun events that also count toward heart completion. I can get behind a demand for more frequent events. Here I'll start: ANET I DEMAND MORE EVENTS IN THE CORE GAME! HEART COMPLETION IS BORING WITHOUT THEM. :)

This. Plus, in the core game there are generally events near the hearts that can get you completion in about 2 minutes. Asking for purchasing stuff like this and putting everything in the store is killing the game very quickly.

@nopoet.2960 said:

What I'm proposing is that I be allowed to use resources I have gathered from other parts of the game and then spend them on completing this particular part of the game that I find tedious and annoying. More events would be a different sort of request I want to be able to pay either an in game currency or gems to skip these entirely.

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

This. Plus, in the core game there are generally events near the hearts that can get you completion in about 2 minutes. Asking for purchasing stuff like this and putting everything in the store is killing the game very quickly.

Proof of claim that things like this are "killing the game very quickly?"

@Israel.7056 said:

What I'm proposing is that I be allowed to use resources I have gathered from other parts of the game and then spend them on completing this particular part of the game that I find tedious and annoying. More events would be a different sort of request I want to be able to pay either an in game currency or gems to skip these entirely.

That's the part I don't get. Hearts are completely skip-able. Why are they so important to you?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm not saying hearts should be left untouched. I'm saying there are consequences to making them easily skipped.

Such as?

EDIT: You went from making a sort of argument about values to making an argument about economic consequences.

Surely there would be economic consequences and I believe that's why they haven't changed these yet because they know the hearts are a major bottleneck for map completion which is itself an enormous bottleneck on the production of legendary weapons which are amongst the most valued items in the game's economy.

@Israel.7056 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm not saying hearts should be left untouched. I'm saying there are consequences to making them easily skipped.

Such as?

EDIT: You went from making a sort of argument about values to making an argument about economic consequences.I recommend you re-read what I wrote. I was never making an argument about "values" alone. The point is that there are a variety of effects.

Surely there would be economic consequences and I believe that's why they haven't changed these yet because they know the hearts are a major bottleneck for map completion which is itself an enormous bottleneck on the production of legendary weapons which are amongst the most valued items in the game's economy.Yes, among other consequences, economic and other.

I get that you don't like hearts (and since it's not clear to you, let me say again: I'm no fan of hearts). I get also that you would be willing to give up things that you don't value that much and some that you do, so that you can skip these hearts that you find so tedious.

However, it's not a neutral change and it would have a big impact on the game beyond the personal convenience of a fraction of the game's community. The reason Hero Challenges have an alternative is that they gate horizontal progression. Hearts completion only gates vendor access and map completion. ANet wants us to have reasons to return to the maps and hearts provides one of those reasons. What's the upside for ANet and the community in making it easy to skip hearts that balances the downside (removing a reason for players to return)?

Yeah we do need an item to skip the things in the game we find annoying.

Not enough money? buy gems to get gold.Dont like levelling? buy a boosterDont like exploring the map, get a waypoint unlock package.So why not with hearts too.You can also get some currency through black lion chests too so you dont have to play those pieces of content or rewards from the past that you may have missed.

Everything should just have a price on it so the game is the best game as long as you can pay to remove those specific annoyances you have with it.

I suppose that works for some. I simply wouldnt play the game as much.

@Israel.7056 said:

Nope. Not doing your homework for you.

@nopoet.2960 said:

That's the part I don't get. Hearts are completely skip-able. Why are they so important to you?

Keys, probably.

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

Keys, probably.

But you can already buy those with in game currency... This is making my head hurt I'm not coming back to this thread.

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

Nope. Not doing your homework for you.

You made the claim not me. Maybe you shouldn't make claims that you can't prove.

@nopoet.2960 said:

They're a necessary part of map completion.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Everything should just have a price on it so the game is the best game as long as you can pay to remove those specific annoyances you have with it.

This is basically what I think. Let people pay to cut out as many of the things that they find boring as possible so they can just do the things that they actually enjoy doing.

Archived