do you want mounts added to wvw?

Stand The Wall.6987

Agreed with Zeghart.9841

Gameplay would be too fast and chaotic; imagine trying to break into enemy garri. One defender scouts you and calls their entire zerg over. Lucky for you your side is competent enough to eliminate them but unfortunately with having mounts accessible those enemies you just defeated would be zipping straight back into that garri relatively swiftly to defend and evermore spew AC fire or eventually overwhelm your forces. Sounds fun on paper but in reality it's just more mess.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think mounts should be in WvW. This is largely because overworld mobility is an important factor for different classes in the game. And also, a lack of in-border mobility is the only thing that makes taking towers and camps possible in many situations.

Travel time means a lot in WvW. And while it sucks to have to run back to Stonemist every time it gets attacked, that time taken is an important balancing factor.

It's not a matter of if but when ... ANet needs the WvW player base to pay for the gem store skins (or special saddles/flare on mounts too).

1. Restricting mounts to owned areas is not good. It gives a huge defensive advantage.
  2. Restricting mounts to ground based as a start. Removing any form of perma-evasion/AoE attacks, etc. from PvE.
  3. Severely reduce pet health (to 1 HP) or any CC to dismount. The purpose of mounts should not be for charging into zergs while stealthed or it will favor the larger zerg over and over again.

Im up front saying no as it can be abused as it, even restricting to own territories only. Yes it would make responding faster, however with being able to glide, imo, responding has already gotten faster. I understand that it gives the defenders a chance, however adding mounts to make it even faster would reduce the attackers chances even slimmer.

Gotta look at it from both side's perspective.

So I voted no; my reasons why are as followed.

1. It would break up the zergs or parties too much if someone didn't have PoF.
  2. The bunny jump would break the game mode, because you can just hop over every wall and kill the npcs?

Other than that, I'd like to see the raptor skimmer, but thats about it.

Archived