stats on ascended ring?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Some trinkets will have specific stats locked, some when obtained you will be able to chose from a range of stats.The only trinkets where stats can be changed after the 1st selection are:Mist BandMist PendantMist Talisman

Changing the stats can be achieved using the Mist Capacitorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Capacitor

@"weaponwh.9810" said:well that sucks, I have few ascended trinket got it from Fractal, but all the stats are wrong. what does ppl do with unwanted ascended stuff? salvage or any other use?

Do not be alarmed. As you run fractals more, you will end up with a large stack of ascended rings(but they do not stack, just take up inventory space), many of them being useless stats or duplicate ones. My suggestion is to give them to alts who can utilize the stats or as mentioned, salvage for Stabilizing Matrices. Attuned rings salvage into more Stabilizing Matrices potentially. It may or may not be worth attuning.

edit: source - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage#Ascended_equipment

Ascended rings can be salvaged for 2-42 Stabilizing Matrix.All rings drop one stack of 2-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 4.0 - 44 items)If the ring is Attuned, it drops another stack of 1 (sometimes 2) Stabilizing Matrix. (average 1.1 - 44 items)If the ring is Infused, it drops another stack of 1-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 3.1 - 24 items)

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@"Tman.6349" said:The Bloodstone trinkets have swappable stats as well. You can only get 5/6 pieces though.

Yes salvage the rings. I suggest attuning them first.

if I salvage, then why do I want attune 1st?

Cus if you attune you get 2 rolls insteam of 1. And currently you get more profit now compare to a normal ring.Ascended rings can be salvaged for 2-42 Stabilizing Matrix.

All rings drop one stack of 2-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 4.0 - 44 items)If the ring is Attuned, it drops another stack of 1 (sometimes 2) Stabilizing Matrix. (average 1.1 - 44 items)So total 2 stacks of 3-7 if it's attuned (rarely 11-12)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Some trinkets will have specific stats locked, some when obtained you will be able to chose from a range of stats.The only trinkets where stats can be changed after the 1st selection are:Mist BandMist PendantMist Talisman

Changing the stats can be achieved using the Mist Capacitorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Capacitor

Those are not the only ones. The Blood Ruby trinkets can also be changed.

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:On a side note I never really understood why ascended trinkets never had an upgrade slot as well.. especially with all these nice exotic upgrades they gave jewellers the recipes to craft after HoT/PoF.

I kinda liked being able to add in a different stat combo with some trinkets.. like celestial upgrades..

Well their stats already include the bonus they would have gotten from an ascended jewel (if such a thing existed) built in. A lot of the ascended trinkets available for laurels have a mix of stats, like berserker and knight, so they premixed them (people didn't like that as that much as you get far too many "useless" stat combos when they'd prefer "pure" stats).

Adding a gem slot would mean they'd have to drop the stats quite a bit and most people would put the same gem in anyway (because those stats make the most sense for their build).

If you want to mix and match it's probably better to swap out some trinkets for those from another stat combination, like wearing celestial earrings with everything else zerker.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:On a side note I never really understood why ascended trinkets never had an upgrade slot as well.. especially with all these nice exotic upgrades they gave jewellers the recipes to craft after HoT/PoF.

I kinda liked being able to add in a different stat combo with some trinkets.. like celestial upgrades..

Well their stats already include the bonus they would have gotten from an ascended jewel (if such a thing existed) built in. A lot of the ascended trinkets available for laurels have a mix of stats, like berserker and knight, so they premixed them (people didn't like that as that much as you get far too many "useless" stat combos when they'd prefer "pure" stats).

Adding a gem slot would mean they'd have to drop the stats quite a bit and most people would put the same gem in anyway (because those stats make the most sense for their build).

If you want to mix and match it's probably better to swap out some trinkets for those from another stat combination, like wearing celestial earrings with everything else zerker.

Lol I know the ascended trinkets added an increment onto them.. what I mean is, we can no longer go say zerker rings for arguments sake and add a celestial upgrade to them.. going the other way would mean losing out on your main stats too much..Makes using the newer exotic upgrades kind moot in game because when you hit hot/pof your tending to be looking at ascended so those jeweller upgrades have no place.I would of preferred a smaller increase to base trinket stats (still above the exotic equivalent) with an infusion slot and then add your attuned slot + additional upgrade slot via forge. At least then those newer upgrades could be utilised.

@"Tman.6349" said:The Bloodstone trinkets have swappable stats as well. You can only get 5/6 pieces though.

Yes salvage the rings. I suggest attuning them first.

Actually, there are 5 ascended trinket slots (1 amulet, 2 rings, 2 accessories) plus the back slot.

In Bloodstone Fen you can get 1 ring, 1 amulet, and a back pack from the unbound magic vendor. The vendor also sells a Bloodstone Capcitor that can reset the Blood Ruby Band, Blood Ruby Pendant, and Blood Ruby back item, allowing you to reselect the stats again. What you want to reset needs to be in your inventory first. The Bloodstone Capacitor will reset all 3 if they're in your inventory at the same time. You can reset the stats on these items as many times as you want. Make sure to buy infusion extractors from the fractal vendor before resetting them (if you have any infusions slotted) or you might lose the infusions when using the Bloodstone Capacitor. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Capacitor

Sadly, although you can get another accessory from the Ember Bay unbound magic vendor, another ring from the vendor in Bitterfrost Frontier as well as ascended aquabreathers with selectable stats, and many ascended back items from all of the LW3 maps, you can only rest the stat selection on the 2 trinkets and back item from Bloodstone Fen.

Archived