Botting Necro's/Engineers lowering my enjoyment of the game.

Abakk.9176

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@"Galaa.8475" said:"slowly ruining the game", "running rampant", "slowly wrecking the game", frigging really? dramatic much?. This has such a minuscule effect on anything. Most of them are just farming Xp. I'm all over the maps daily. I hardly ever see them. maybe one every few maps. Anyway, just chill and play your game. Anet has already ruled on this and you're wasting your time reporting it. its a nothing burger. move on, nothing to see here.

Seriously this.It has zero effect on your game play. I feel like people keep making these threads for the sake of it. It doesn't stop you from enjoying 99.999999999% if the rest of the game. It has little to no effect on the market.Just do you, man.

Oh how utterly wrong you are.. or you have no understanding of how the economy works

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Autocast & Autorun should NOT prevent you from being tagged as AFK.

The AFK logout timer should be set to 10 minutes (or less) outside of capital cities.

Minion, Pet, and Turret kills should award NO LOOT unless a non-autocast key was pressed at least once in the 5 seconds prior to the death of the mob.

@Abakk.9176 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I think the OP has missed something .. this isn't new and Anet already has had a discussion with players about this. There are lots of things in the game people don't like. Some of them you just have to get past yourself.

I get it ... AFK farming has a perception of cheating linked to it. Anet deals with it in their way. Report what you see and move on.

Like i already said a couple of times... it's not the AFK farming that is bothering me. It's the fact that they claim a small area for their own use and effectively block off other players from content.

@Obtena.7952 said:Anet deals with it in their way.

So do i :)

That's not actually true; nothing stops you from going there, participating in the content, tagging the mobs and getting loot rights. In fact, now I think of it, this is probably the reason Anet doesn't do much about it. It's irrelevant if someone is AFK farming or actively participating in the event or not; the game is DESIGNED to allow this, believe it or not. You say this is about being blocked from content, but AFK farmers don't block content from other players ... at all.

I can't see how you don't acknowledge the AFK farming is the offensive part ... somehow the pittance of areas they occupy is a much more serious problem to you. This problem doesn't make sense, especially in the context of this game designed for it. You do realize that most of the end game open world content in this game is exactly the thing you describe that bothers you right?

In the old days for older MMO's, loot rights went to the most damage or the first hit; Anet fixed that issue and the trade off is the 'problem' you speak of. I simply don't see how you are blocked from content ... it's simply not true.

@Obtena.7952 said:Even in low level areas, you can still participate ... it's actually easy to do so. I mean ... if a pile of AFK engis in turrets can ALL get lootrights participating in events and killing mobs ... what stops you?

I am often sat at my PC staring in wonder at some of the replies people give... does anyone actually READ anymore?

Read the first line of my OP ... SLOWLY and let it sink in.

I don't give a hoot about people farming materials... i don't enjoy/agree/like the way they do it, like illegal poachers, but that is NOT why i started this thread.

Some of my favorite fighting spots are unusable because the mobs are beeing killed at the spawnpoint. So it's not about the KILLRIGHTS or about the MATERIALS but about ATTACKING, DODGING, and FIGHTING mobs.

Which is no different then if there is a large number of people actively killing. Hell to get some mats I decided to farm them while not afk, others joined me, also not afk. None of us dodged or moved because there was not need, we just killed because there were enough of us to do so. We basically did the exact same thing as the people you complained about...would you have had an issue with us?

What on earth are you even talking about ??? its not about farming mats.... i explained in the tiny piece of text you quoted !

I specifically noted that our actions where basically the same as you where complaining about, namely a group of people standing in a specific one spot not moving killing the spawns at spawn point almost instantaneously. I gave a bit of back story so that you would understand why I did this. The only difference between what we where doing and what the afk farmers where doing is that we where not afk. So do you have an issue with us playing the game the way we wanted?

The only thing i have an issue with is the fact that mobs don't come from the spawn area anymore because they are killed before they get out of the tent.

So now i can't 'play outside' with them because they are not there anymore.
  • i have no problem with you beeing AFK or not!
  • i have no problem with you farming mats or not!
  • its not about me beeing able to tag mobs or not!
  • its not about me getting loot or not!

Its about me not beeing able to play 'hero and badguy' because there are no badguys there anymore.

With a low level character its a fun challenge to resist the ever respawning mobs there who come at you in small groups/waves of 3-4 mobs. It's also fun when people join you and start healing or fighting with you or sometimes even res you (or me res/heal them).

It's basically like a small, constantly repeating, battle simulator event.

Then go play with them inside ... this is not a problem. I mean, essentially you are complaining that someone else is doing the content you want to do and the mobs aren't where you want them to be. That makes no sense; you go to where the mobs are if you want to fight them. People can lead mobs anywhere they want to within their leash radius, and that's a good distance in this game. It sounds like you're just being difficult at this point. The best part is that it's not even hard to get aggro from these AFK campers ... :confounded:

@Obtena.7952 said:

Then go play with them inside ... this is not a problem. I mean, essentially you are complaining that someone else is doing the content you want to do and the mobs aren't where you want them to be. That makes no sense; you go to where the mobs are if you want to fight them. People can lead mobs anywhere they want to within their leash radius, and that's a good distance in this game. It sounds like you're just being difficult at this point. The best part is that it's not even hard to get aggro from these AFK campers ... :confounded:

Nice sentiment (honestly), but if there are a dozen or so turrets there, they will fire immediately and pretty much eradicate any mob before the OP can get his RPing in.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I think the OP has missed something .. this isn't new and Anet already has had a discussion with players about this. There are lots of things in the game people don't like. Some of them you just have to get past yourself.

I get it ... AFK farming has a perception of cheating linked to it. Anet deals with it in their way. Report what you see and move on.

Like i already said a couple of times... it's not the AFK farming that is bothering me. It's the fact that they claim a small area for their own use and effectively block off other players from content.

@Obtena.7952 said:Anet deals with it in their way.

So do i :)

That's not actually true; nothing stops you from going there, participating in the content, tagging the mobs and getting loot rights. In fact, now I think of it, this is probably the reason Anet doesn't do much about it. It's irrelevant if someone is AFK farming or actively participating in the event or not; the game is DESIGNED to allow this, believe it or not. You say this is about being blocked from content, but AFK farmers don't block content from other players ... at all.

I can't see how you don't acknowledge the AFK farming is the offensive part ... somehow the pittance of areas they occupy is a much more serious problem to you. This problem doesn't make sense, especially in the context of this game designed for it. You do realize that most of the end game open world content in this game is exactly the thing you describe that bothers you right?

In the old days for older MMO's, loot rights went to the most damage or the first hit; Anet fixed that issue and the trade off is the 'problem' you speak of. I simply don't see how you are blocked from content ... it's simply not true.

@Obtena.7952 said:Even in low level areas, you can still participate ... it's actually easy to do so. I mean ... if a pile of AFK engis in turrets can ALL get lootrights participating in events and killing mobs ... what stops you?

I am often sat at my PC staring in wonder at some of the replies people give... does anyone actually READ anymore?

Read the first line of my OP ... SLOWLY and let it sink in.

I don't give a hoot about people farming materials... i don't enjoy/agree/like the way they do it, like illegal poachers, but that is NOT why i started this thread.

Some of my favorite fighting spots are unusable because the mobs are beeing killed at the spawnpoint. So it's not about the KILLRIGHTS or about the MATERIALS but about ATTACKING, DODGING, and FIGHTING mobs.

Which is no different then if there is a large number of people actively killing. Hell to get some mats I decided to farm them while not afk, others joined me, also not afk. None of us dodged or moved because there was not need, we just killed because there were enough of us to do so. We basically did the exact same thing as the people you complained about...would you have had an issue with us?

What on earth are you even talking about ??? its not about farming mats.... i explained in the tiny piece of text you quoted !

I specifically noted that our actions where basically the same as you where complaining about, namely a group of people standing in a specific one spot not moving killing the spawns at spawn point almost instantaneously. I gave a bit of back story so that you would understand why I did this. The only difference between what we where doing and what the afk farmers where doing is that we where not afk. So do you have an issue with us playing the game the way we wanted?

The only thing i have an issue with is the fact that mobs don't come from the spawn area anymore because they are killed before they get out of the tent.

So now i can't 'play outside' with them because they are not there anymore.
  • i have no problem with you beeing AFK or not!
  • i have no problem with you farming mats or not!
  • its not about me beeing able to tag mobs or not!
  • its not about me getting loot or not!

Its about me not beeing able to play 'hero and badguy' because there are no badguys there anymore.

With a low level character its a fun challenge to resist the ever respawning mobs there who come at you in small groups/waves of 3-4 mobs. It's also fun when people join you and start healing or fighting with you or sometimes even res you (or me res/heal them).

It's basically like a small, constantly repeating, battle simulator event.

@Obtena.7952 said:Then go play with them inside ... this is not a problem.omg. :anguished:@Obtena.7952 said:I mean, essentially you are complaining that someone else is doing the content you want to do and the mobs aren't where you want them to be.No, it's content that isn't happening at all anywhere for anyone because it's choked at the source.@Obtena.7952 said:That makes no sense; you go to where the mobs are if you want to fight them. People can lead mobs anywhere they want to within their leash radius, and that's a good distance in this game.I'm not even going to explain it anymore. :expressionless:@Obtena.7952 said:It sounds like you're just being difficult at this point.Yes, i am a very difficult person. I complain when someone breaks my game. So silly...@Obtena.7952 said:The best part is that it's not even hard to get aggro from these AFK campers ... :confounded:Which hasn't got anything to do with anything, but thanks for trying. :expressionless:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Nice sentiment (honestly), but if there are a dozen or so turrets there, they will fire immediately and pretty much eradicate any mob before the OP can get his RPing in.

That's no different than if a whole bunch of people were not AFK farming that spot though ... the OP isn't making this connection.

@Abakk.9176 said:Which hasn't got anything to do with anything, but thanks for trying. :expressionless:

YOu don't get this isn't a problem. If those players were not AFK, you wouldn't be complaining but the result is the same. You aren't making this connection. You are essentially complaining that some people have found a good spot to farm ... and you can't do content there; that's not a problem, that's in fact, how the game works. if the AFK had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have used it in your original complaint in the first place.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Abakk.9176 said:Which hasn't got anything to do with anything, but thanks for trying. :expressionless:

YOu don't get this isn't a problem. If those players were not AFK, you wouldn't be complaining but the result is the same. You aren't making this connection. You are essentially complaining that some people have found a good spot to farm ... and you can't do content there. if the AFK had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have used it in your original complaint in the first place.

YOU don't get it IS a problem. There is a small local event NOT HAPPENING because the NPC's are choked off at the spawnpoint. Me mentioning AFK is because they don't respond to whispers or anything. But ultimately it has nothing to do with afk ... FORGET AFK!!

That's not a problem ... there are lots of events triggered (or not) because people don't do something (or do something). If that's the case here, it's simply how it was programmed. If people doing something (in this case, farming mobs) are preventing an event from occurring because they are playing the game, you just need to suck it up because that's actually intended. If those people are farming the mobs FROM the event, you're simply missing it. Again, not a problem.

In fact, GW2 is a very lenient game for allowing multiple players access to events and tagging mobs. Like I said, other games have much more stringent requirements on determining who is participating (and thus, who gets rewards) from an event. Seems to me you are learning what the two M's in MMO means.

@Abakk.9176 said:

YOu don't get this isn't a problem. If those players were not AFK, you wouldn't be complaining but the result is the same. You aren't making this connection. You are essentially complaining that some people have found a good spot to farm ... and you can't do content there. if the AFK had nothing to do with it, you shouldn't have used it in your original complaint in the first place.

YOU don't get it IS a problem. There is a small local event NOT HAPPENING because the NPC's are choked off at the spawnpoint. Me mentioning AFK is because they don't respond to whispers or anything. But ultimately it has nothing to do with afk ... FORGET AFK!!

that event is happening and completing really fast.

@infrequentia.3465 said:

No its not... not when they are there. And no im not talking about the raiding of the farm.

@infrequentia.3465 said:

That could be ... he's simply not a part of the event ... which again is a really strange thing to complain about if that's true ... that happens quite often actually, especially for when a low level zone has a 'daily events' reward in it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That could be ... he's simply not a part of the event ... which again is a really strange thing to complain about if that's true ... that happens quite often actually, especially for when a low level zone has a 'daily events' reward in it.

You are both not talking about the same thing... its NOT the event at the farm.

@Abakk.9176 said:

I've covered BOTH cases; where an event is prevented or being farmed; either way, what you are seeing is intended. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a problem.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I've covered BOTH cases; where an event is prevented or being farmed; either way, what you are seeing is intended. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a problem.

You've covered nothing. And you still aren't talking about the same thing i am. The Necro's are blocking normal mob movement within the enclosure and at the entrance.... period.

The event where the bandits raid the farm has nothing to do with it. Those mobs spawn well outside the enclosure (some in front of- and with their backs to the entrance)

Nothing you say or think alters that and it isn't intended gameplay... you WISH it is intended gameplay because people complaining about it may endanger ways some folks finance their game.

@Abakk.9176 said:

You've covered nothing. And you still aren't talking about the same thing i am. The Necro's are blocking normal mob movement within the enclosure and at the entrance.... period.

No, they aren't. That doesn't even make sense because NPC's and players are not solid objects in this game so they can't be 'blocked'. What you are seeing is that necro catching aggro because he's closest to the mobs ... which is how the game is designed, it's intended and anyone can do. I honestly don't think you know enough about the game at this point to even make a valid complaint.

My advice to you .. if you see something you think is abuse in the game, just report the people doing it with the ingame support system. That's your most direct option. If you are looking for popular opinion via the forum to sway Anet to intervene on this issue, you will find that a most difficult and frustrating route to travel. From what you are describing to me, that's just regular people playing the game how they want and that is .. intended.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No, they aren't. That doesn't even make sense because NPC's and players are not solid objects in this game. What you are seeing is that necro is imply catching aggro ... which is how the game is designed and anyone can do. I honestly don't think you know enough about the game at this point to even make a valid complaint.

Oh right... semantics.

Sure, okay... they don't literally block but kill them off where they spawn. They are still disrupting normal gameplay.

@Abakk.9176 said:

No, they aren't. That doesn't even make sense because NPC's and players are not solid objects in this game. What you are seeing is that necro is imply catching aggro ... which is how the game is designed and anyone can do. I honestly don't think you know enough about the game at this point to even make a valid complaint.

Oh right... semantics.

Sure, okay... they don't literally block but kill them off where they spawn. They are still disrupting normal gameplay.

It's you who does not understand. It's not semantics. Who are you to decide what is "normal gameplay"? These players are in the world killing npc's. You just don't like the fact that they are killing npc's in a way that you don't approve of. They have just as much right to kill them as you do. That's the way the game works. Participate if you want to, or move along.

@Abakk.9176 said:

Oh right... semantics.

That's not a problem. There is no rules against killing mobs where they spawn. That IS normal gameplay. If Anet didn't want players to kill mobs where they spawn, they could have easily made it so they couldn't.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Oh right... semantics.

@Obtena.7952 said:That's not a problem. There is no rules against killing mobs where they spawn.Not yet. But as soon as one or two mechanics are adjusted that form of disrupting will be history.@Obtena.7952 said:That IS normal gameplay. If Anet didn't want players to kill mobs where they spawn, they could have easily made it so they couldn't.If it was normal gameplay the game would be designed totally different i'm sure.

For now i'm content with drawing attention to THE PROBLEM of the abnormal way mob farmers are disrupting normal gameplay and i would like to thank you for helping me do so. :)

@Abakk.9176 said:I think some people need a crash course in 'normal gameplay' and it ain't me :)

It really is you. Some people enjoy the rpg, others enjoy farming, whether afk or not. Them playing how they want should not be stopped, just roleplay what they are doing instead of complaining here. Maybe have it so that they are soldiers defending a wall against constant waves of invaders (which is close enough). There you go now you can roleplay what others are doing

Earlier you sid it was about the dynamics of the area, Seems to me the area is dynamic enough, after all those other people are getting their kills. Your issue is clearly not with afk farming, it is clearly not with the economy (at least that is what you claimed), it is just that people are not playing the way you want them to play.

Archived