[Suggestion] Unbound-Magic-into-Volatile-Magic converter

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The point of having different currencies for LW seasons and maps is to get players to do that content.

With the excess UM, you can buy the magic warped bundles or packets and make gold.

1. I know that I can buy Magic Warped Bundles, but I have already spent a fortune on those and have no more money to spare (and don't want to, either!).
  2. I know what the point of different currencies is, d'uh. Still, I would like to have a converter for these two, since both are related (both are "magic").
  3. @artemis.6781: I hate the LWS4E1 map (I find it super boring) and therefore experience no joy in doing those events. Thanks for the tip anyway. ;)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Rephrasing @Ayrilana.1396's point into a question: @"Ashantara.8731" why do you think there are separate currencies in the first place? What purpose does it serve and would making them tradeable help or hurt those goals?

Because the Unbound Magic currency will go to waste now (as I have nothing left I can use it on). It will sit in my wallet, "rotting" ;) , and that is a shame.

1. I know that I can buy Magic Warped Bundles, but I have already spent a fortune on those and have no more money to spare (and don't want to, either!).How is it that you haven't earned more than you spent? You should have extra coin to buy more.The fact that you don't "want" to keep buying them doesn't mean that there aren't uses for the currency.

2. I know what the point of different currencies is, d'uh.It doesn't seem as if you do, since the point is to get people to spend time in different maps. Making them easily convertible defeats that purpose.

Still, I would like to have a converter for these two, since both are related (both are "magic")."Magic" is just a word; has nothing to do with its purpose or value. One is the LS3 currency, the other for LS4; they have nothing else in common.

Because the Unbound Magic currency will go to waste now (as I have nothing left I can use it on). It will sit in my wallet, "rotting" ;) , and that is a shame.You've chosen not to spend it. That's not the same as "nothing to use it on." It's worth more gold than you spend on it.

Would be nice if you could trade new lw currency for old that mean you could trade unbound magic for, crests and geodes from season 2 fixing the other thread complaint that geodes are to boring to grind to do amberite collection.

Would ofcourse be something like spend 50 to get 5 tho.

@Oglaf.1074 said:But then how are they going to sell you the inevitable infinite Volatile Gathering Tools-bundle?

You joke but not gonna lie, I'll buy them when/if they come out. I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion around these parts. However, I have no qualms about spending money/gems when I feel like Anet has earned it (which they have for now in my book).

As far as earning VM though, I get a metric buttload of it doing the specimen chamber pre-event by killing waves of Inquest. I don't find it that hard to get, especially on the new map. Kill things, do events. I'm pretty much tripping over myself in ways to earn VM. o_O

Archived