NEW power rev PVP WVW

messiah.1908

check this outhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsclnXNuNSqJ7JR/kVlsgyrS4QZWJYrcskFNl6PIHykUNG2hfodACgIA-jpxHQBB8BAAgDBQCPBAK7IAoi9HuWZAA

why not herald?herald give fast might stacks so is vindicationherald got endurance gain so is brutal momentumherald got dmg bonus with boons so is kalla fervor

herald got regen so is WIW but much lower uptimeherald got good heal skill if enemy is stupid enough to attack you. jalis also cleanse 5 condition and give retaliationherald has lower nrg managment so... naaaa renegade or jalis has not

but renegade trait line give KD , more dmg, fury ,and retaliation little bit. . also you can trait to 33% less condi dmg if needed.

jalis give more weakness abilities, block projectiles, stability, endurance back, dmg reduction and condi resistance so more tankiness overall

you will see retribution can be much better than invocation. beside that legends swap cleanse and stunbreak. (jalis more stability)

if using VH you will get fast 16 might stacks with 1.5k dps (check it with arcdps) which is use dmg increase.

you have the best condi dmg handling (beside resistance boon which is removable )

i use SB or staff . SB dps is 2.4k while staff dps is 2.7k and SB has range to it but less evade and block....

i enjoy it but hope to see more potent player it and comment

At this moment Guardian has like six+ viable PvP builds (Core: Symbolic, Retaliation Monk; DH: Meditrapper, Radiance Valk; FB: Bunker/support, DPS FB) all stronger than the best ones from Rev. Is not only better in terms of strenghts and adaptability (with a full array of selectable skills and traits, and diferent amulets), but also offers much better variety if the player doesn't like to use the dominant Bunker FB. Has also a wide roster of viable weapons to chose from.

I'm 350 ascended shards of glory shy from finishing my PvP legendary armor (which means that I will be done as soon as I get the first biz chest); as soon as it happens I'm done with Rev in PvP (and WvW). No need to gild the pill.

@Buran.3796 said:At this moment Guardian has like six+ viable PvP builds (Core: Symbolic, Retaliation Monk; DH: Meditrapper, Radiance Valk; FB: Bunker/support, DPS FB) all stronger than the best ones from Rev. Is not only better in terms of strenghts and adaptability (with a full array of selectable skills and traits, and diferent amulets), but also offers much better variety if the player doesn't like to use the dominant Bunker FB. Has also a wide roster of viable weapons to chose from.

I'm 350 ascended shards of glory shy from finishing my PvP legendary armor (which means that I will be done as soon as I get the first biz chest); as soon as it happens I'm done with Rev in PvP (and WvW). No need to gild the pill.

Probably not the right place to ask you but how long did it roughly take to get all those shards?

@Alveen.7239 said:

@Buran.3796 said:At this moment Guardian has like six+ viable PvP builds (Core: Symbolic, Retaliation Monk; DH: Meditrapper, Radiance Valk; FB: Bunker/support, DPS FB) all stronger than the best ones from Rev. Is not only better in terms of strenghts and adaptability (with a full array of selectable skills and traits, and diferent amulets), but also offers much better variety if the player doesn't like to use the dominant Bunker FB. Has also a wide roster of viable weapons to chose from.

Probably not the right place to ask you but how long did it roughly take to get all those shards?

I've played all the seasons and I think that completed the biz chest at least one time except in one (albeit did it several times in some others: I played 142 matches in S10 completing the last chest 3 times). I got 5 of the 6 pieces for the ascended armor in S1 (which required 1200 ascended shards); each season from 0 to the first biz chest gives you 400 and you need the ascended armor pieces (1200 in total) plus another 400 (2400 in total) for each Star of Glory, but you can repeat the biz chest getting 100 ascended shards each time (even at 50% win/lose ratio that's 24-25 matches). Without the ascended armor anyone can get enough shards completing the track in 9 seasons, already having the ascended armor would take 6 seasons, but that's without speeding you pace: having time and going hardcore anyone with a 50% w/l can get 100 shards each 4-5 hours (albeit I don't think that would be a wise/healthy idea).

@"Buran.3796" said:At this moment Guardian has like six+ viable PvP builds (Core: Symbolic, Retaliation Monk; DH: Meditrapper, Radiance Valk; FB: Bunker/support, DPS FB) all stronger than the best ones from Rev. Is not only better in terms of strenghts and adaptability (with a full array of selectable skills and traits, and diferent amulets), but also offers much better variety if the player doesn't like to use the dominant Bunker FB. Has also a wide roster of viable weapons to chose from.

To be fair, the core builds are only viable for straight bunkering or playing WvW, and neither of which is a real option OVER Bunker FB, it's just like a "FB Lite" option for people who don't have PoF.

Also, I would say that Power Herald is in a much better sPvP spot than meditrapper, who's main strength is in point control, which is pointless in a post-scourge-world. At least Rev is still an effective +1. As for DPS FB, I don't know if I'd call it stronger than Rev... They're probably slightly stronger in a team fight due to their cleave/free aegis and cleansing support, but their damage is also super easy to mitigate in team fights with cleanse spam, and they have terrible mobility which makes them a weird pick for a straight dps role since it takes them a hot eternity to get to a fight on most of the maps.

I don't meet any guardians that can simply wreck herald rev. Not sure what you mean Buran. I'd say the two classes are on par at this point.

As for the build, I used to play nearly the exact same build, and it's gotten slightly nerfed. At least I could only hang Gold with it. I'm not sure how it'd do now, good luck.

Edit: I pretty much only pvp and pve. (wvw I barely run)

@messiah.1908 said:so back to the point .care you check it out and comment about the pros and cons ?will you test it please

Honestly... Your build just confuses me more than anything. You have Pack/Marauders but are using Shortbow, which I cannot imagine adds up to any damage at all... I thought at first that maybe you just have it to feed base condi stacks for your Scourges to epi while you run support, but you don't really have a lot of support in that build either. You have Jalis/Shiro and dual swords, which says to me that you're probably also wanting to frontline? But without Facet of Light to save you, you're just going to get insta-down/focused the second people see your Renegade icon (unless you just camp Shiro and always save enough energy to be able to double Riposte out, but then what's the point?)

I say that assuming this build is for WvW Zerging because I think that's probably the only scenario where you'd see even any sort of success? If it's for sPvP, it's going to just get steamrolled... Best case scenario, people might just start ignoring you and killing you last since your damage output is going to be very low.

Feedbackwise, I would say it's just too scattered... If you want to go Renegade and run Vindication/Shortbow, great, but get some condi stats in there and tailor your build around either max damage + escaping and kiting or moderate damage + ranged team support. If you want to do the Jalis/Sword's thing but still want a ranged weapon, use the hammer--even tho it's kinda terrible since the indirect nerf last patch and the direct (wvw only) Coalescence nerf, it's still leaps and bounds better than SB is if you don't have any condi stats. Also, I'd still highly recommend Herald for the melee thang, as Renegade offers no survivability what-so-ever, and whatever you think you're getting from Retribution/Jalis, trust me, it's not even close to enough--it's barely even noticeable.

@narcx.3570 said:

@messiah.1908 said:so back to the point .care you check it out and comment about the pros and cons ?will you test it please

Honestly... Your build just confuses me more than anything. You have Pack/Marauders but are using Shortbow, which I cannot imagine adds up to any damage at all... I thought at first that maybe you just have it to feed base condi stacks for your Scourges to epi while you run support, but you don't really have a lot of support in that build either. You have Jalis/Shiro and dual swords, which says to me that you're probably also wanting to frontline? But without Facet of Light to save you, you're just going to get insta-down/focused the second people see your Renegade icon (unless you just camp Shiro and always save enough energy to be able to double Riposte out, but then what's the point?)

I say that assuming this build is for WvW Zerging because I think that's probably the only scenario where you'd see even any sort of success? If it's for sPvP, it's going to just get steamrolled... Best case scenario, people might just start ignoring you and killing you last since your damage output is going to be very low.

Feedbackwise, I would say it's just too scattered... If you want to go Renegade and run Vindication/Shortbow, great, but get some condi stats in there and tailor your build around either max damage + escaping and kiting or moderate damage + ranged team support. If you want to do the Jalis/Sword's thing but still want a ranged weapon, use the hammer--even tho it's kinda terrible since the indirect nerf last patch and the direct (wvw only) Coalescence nerf, it's still leaps and bounds better than SB is if you don't have any condi stats. Also, I'd still highly recommend Herald for the melee thang, as Renegade offers no survivability what-so-ever, and whatever you think you're getting from Retribution/Jalis, trust me, it's not even close to enough--it's barely even noticeable.

thanks for the feedbacki will post a video demonstrate comparison of the dmg out put in pvp.

SB is hybrid dmg and not condi one fyi....

here is the video dps testing and herald compare

as you will see sb aa dps can be 3kyou can get fast might stacks even if they corrupted and weakness 50% less effective on you with retributionthe sb enable you to pressure from range and with 3 conditions on the enemy will force him to cleansejalis give stability ,15% dmg reduction, weakness and 50% condition dmg reduction from elite.its not 1v1 build although can be doable but its more team fight.herald big advantage is swiftness and less nrg management. renegade more endurance bit more dmg and dmg on point versus down enemyvh does 1.5k dps which is huge and IO does 2k dps.infuse light only work in wvw zerg for 3 sec and than you die either way so just be careful in the first place. and attacj with sb.you can take staff instead of sb if you need more cleanse block and evadeherald doesnt give any survivability either from trait line. and hammer is slow in pvp while jalis give stability on point, aoe dps, and cc

hope you like it

@Loboling.5293 said:I don't meet any guardians that can simply wreck herald rev. Not sure what you mean Buran. I'd say the two classes are on par at this point.

Radiace core Guardian can have up to 30+ seconds of retaliation each 50 seconds (and that's using just traveller runes, leadership and sigil of concentration [WvW] changes the game to a whole new level); good luck against that. But is not only the difference in performance but also the option to chose different playstyles, weapons and amulets (utterly absent in the Rev).

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill? in 1v1 they will stop attacking you. in zerg fight it will help you but you gonna be down in 3 sec later....yes it's useful and cost less the renegade. but renegade is also an option for wvw and some pvp team fight

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill?

I mean the legend, which you can't get unless you spec for the Herald elite trait line; and I believe the legend itself is more important than the line. I honestly don't think you can make a power rev without Glint work better than the Glint one.

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill?

I mean the legend, which you can't get unless you spec for the Herald elite trait line; and I believe the legend itself is more important than the line. I honestly don't think you can make a power rev without Glint work better than the Glint one.

In which senarios have you check reneagde?

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill?

Scenarios? Like sPvP conquest scenarios. Things like Kalla/Shiro or Jalis/Shiro always seem like a pretty huge downgrade from standard power Glint/Shiro, however viable that is.

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill?

Scenarios? Like sPvP conquest scenarios. Things like Kalla/Shiro or Jalis/Shiro always seem like a pretty huge downgrade from standard power Glint/Shiro, however viable that is.

didnt get it if you test it or it just seems....some top players try now sustain build with renegade jalis/kalla

why herald? cuz Glint

you mean the heal skill?

didnt get it if you test it or it just seems....yeah, I did, it feels like it; and most likely just because that's how it is, imo.

some top players try now sustain build with renegade jalis/kallaokay, good luck making that work.

so far in wvw and pvp it works good with a group as long as you stay off focus of the enemy groupyou can sneak attack to the backline and do havoc on them and evade to safemad king rune do wonder with soulcleave on zerg.

in pvp again you need to go with a team dont try solo. necro are doable with sb but always keep a distance from them. dont jump with a sword if you dont sure you can finish him.thief and mesmer are the hardest as alwaysbut again this build aint design to 1v1 or solo roaming.

@"messiah.1908" said:here is the video dps testing and herald compare

as you will see sb aa dps can be 3kyou can get fast might stacks even if they corrupted and weakness 50% less effective on you with retributionthe sb enable you to pressure from range and with 3 conditions on the enemy will force him to cleansejalis give stability ,15% dmg reduction, weakness and 50% condition dmg reduction from elite.its not 1v1 build although can be doable but its more team fight.herald big advantage is swiftness and less nrg management. renegade more endurance bit more dmg and dmg on point versus down enemyvh does 1.5k dps which is huge and IO does 2k dps.infuse light only work in wvw zerg for 3 sec and than you die either way so just be careful in the first place. and attacj with sb.you can take staff instead of sb if you need more cleanse block and evadeherald doesnt give any survivability either from trait line. and hammer is slow in pvp while jalis give stability on point, aoe dps, and cc

hope you like it

I could write a lengthy post about why this is wrong but honestly if you are playing this your mmr is so low you only go up against other people playing silliness so more power to you. Play whatever you want.

But please for all mercy don't ever step foot with this in ranked. If you want to play renegade then play Jalis + shiro power renegade - which is not an optimal build either but it's at least playable and can do stuff. What you have posted here does no stuff and will die to a competent player in seconds.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@"messiah.1908" said:here is the video dps testing and herald compare

hope you like it

I could write a lengthy post about why this is wrong but honestly if you are playing this your mmr is so low you only go up against other people playing silly nonsense so more power to you. Play whatever you want.

But please for all mercy don't ever step foot with this in ranked. If you want to play renegade then play Jalis + shiro power renegade - which is not an optimal build either but it's at least playable and can do stuff. What you have posted here does no stuff and will die to a competent player in seconds.

i have posted jalis shiro..... for pvpin wvw i use kalla with the elite and small fights its amazing when focus fire from range....

also as ppl told me the same with bunker ventari long before it was meta (and other class build like condi thief and condi mesmer and more) i hope it will take the same direction.... :D who knows

@messiah.1908 said:

@messiah.1908 said:here is the video dps testing and herald compare

hope you like it

I could write a lengthy post about why this is wrong but honestly if you are playing this your mmr is so low you only go up against other people playing silly nonsense so more power to you. Play whatever you want.

i have posted jalis shiro..... for pvpin wvw i use kalla with the elite and small fights its amazing when focus fire from range....

also as ppl told me the same with bunker ventari long before it was meta (and other class build like condi thief and condi mesmer and more) i hope it will take the same direction.... :D who knows

To be fair, Bunker Ventari was never "meta," not even when Expulsion had a 2 second cooldown... It was simply a gimmick build that infuriated Bunker Scrappers/Tempests, but it was easily countered by good players with any sort of dps or by bunker guards/druids.

I wouldn't call it most effective at bunkering or even most effective at playing Rev. It was just another cheese master one-trick that worked well in lower tiers and was annoying at best in Plat and above--kind of like condi dd, it's funny you mention that one too.

@narcx.3570 said:

@messiah.1908 said:here is the video dps testing and herald compare

hope you like it

To be fair, Bunker Ventari was never "meta," not even when Expulsion had a 2 second cooldown... It was simply a gimmick build that infuriated Bunker Scrappers/Tempests, but it was easily countered by good players with any sort of dps or by bunker guards/druids.

I wouldn't call it most effective at bunkering or even most effective at playing Rev. It was just another cheese master one-trick that worked well in lower tiers and was annoying at best in Plat and above--kind of like condi dd, it's funny you mention that one too.

you call meta not gimmick? evade mesmer or evade s/d thief or perma resistance warrior or perma condi proc aoe scourge or mesmer ... every class has meta cause it has some unique ability they are using to be the upper hand. but its you point of view while its mine.i think it was meta but so short cause anet immediately nerf it cause it used for something they didnt intend to. they want ventari to be healer not bunker. and condi thief i used s/d never liked dd ... if you see every build i am using anet is nerfing ..... LOL

@narcx.3570 said: usually in this game if it ends in meta is is gimmick for sure, metas absorv best gimmick builds, metas in this game is not about strategie to take targets but the easyest way to play avaliable, more like best rewarding less effort builds, tdlr the most friendly gimmicks becomes meta so every look kewl and look like a decent player-

@messiah.1908

Only if a knew or liked to play with sword/sword xD, Herald is mandatory for non PoF users :) i still use shiro to wreck scoruges, that's all i can do with 2xsword build lol.Still that looks interesting mixture.

Archived