Fix med kit!

guildabd.6529

Yeah I also wish Med Kit could get another pass on the skills, it has so much potential to become a great Engineer support kit but its lacking mostly in the 2-5 abilities. I've had a few ideas on how it could improve.

Make Med Blaster an AoE with 400 radius around the engineer. Change the 2-5 to become buff skills that once "loaded" will apply on the next Med Blaster proc. So for example you could "load up" the antidote skill and on next Med Blaster it would apply the extra heal and give resistance to all allies in the 400 radius of med blaster.

The other idea I had was to have Med Blaster also as an AoE but the throwable skills be changed to fields that pulse boons. I'd say at least a water field on it too because engi heals a lot with blast finishers and taking Met Kit over Healing Turret you are giving up 2 water fields.

There's probably better ways to change it but those are ones I just thought of.

I totally agree. Medkit had some potential but it's just useless and subpar. Equipping it is like knowingly handicapping yourself. I wouldn't even call for fix but rather a complete rework. Maybe give it a decent selfheal on toolbelt and group utility on 1-5 skills. Maybe boonshare? This could kill two birds with one stone - making medkit useful and giving engi some group utility that the profession needs also.

In full agreement here. I like the current concept but skills 2-5 should have been able to modify Med Blaster (using Elixir H, B, C, U for increased healing/might/resistance/quickness for example). Other ideas would be to make a throwable elixir kit (basically healing grenades) for ranged healing or bring back elixir infused bombs as its own kit.

@Adamantium.3682 said:I'm all for fixing the med kit as well... But to what end? Even with a good med kit you won't fill that role as well as druid, ele, guard, or even ventari rev.

Med kit kitten but it's irrelevant because engi doesn't have a viable full support build. The skills and traits just aren't there.

Maybe we'll finally get a group focused spec in the 3. expac.

@Xaylin.1860 said:Yes, Med Kit is crap but it should stay support focussed. Otherwise it would just provide too much self-sustain. I think other heals should be the go to for sustain.

• Increase healing power scaling of #1.
  • Give #2-5 a point blank area effect and make it look like Antitoxin Spray.
  • Remove the heal. Instead make #2-5 grant 5-10% outgoing healing for 5-10 seconds.
  • Health Insurance now doubles the gained bonus from #1-5 (e.g. bonus heal per boon, outgoing healing).
  • Merge Health Insurance and Stimulant Suplier.

Tadaaa!

That aside, there is so much tidying up to do in Alchemy and Inventions, ugh. Like, for example, merging Dispersion Field and Soothing Detonation and adding something instead of Bandages to Bunker Down.

I'll just quote my post from the old forums. :3

@Adamantium.3682 said:Med kit kitten but it's irrelevant because engi doesn't have a viable full support build. The skills and traits just aren't there.

The traits are there, sitting in Inventions, just we lack the kit to bring them together. Something like a Healing Bomb kit that either has a blast finisher by default or by a grandmaster trait would help that. You'd then be getting the heal from the skill + Soothing Detonation + Medical Dispersion Field + Regen. Engi healing would be lots of small chunks of healing but in quick succession.

Engis are always going to have to jump through more hoops to do a set role due to being a jack of all trades.

@leviathan.2148 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:I'm all for fixing the med kit as well... But to what end? Even with a good med kit you won't fill that role as well as druid, ele, guard, or even ventari rev.

Med kit kitten but it's irrelevant because engi doesn't have a viable full support build. The skills and traits just aren't there.

Maybe we'll finally get a group focused spec in the 3. expac.

If that's the case I would hope it gives us stuff that makes med kit obsolete anyways. If we need med kit to make a support oriented elite spec work... It's probably not a good elite spec

From a post I'd made like a year ago, reworked a little : Buff the living hell out of the AA, this should be doing a hell of a lot more healing/s than druid staff AA does (they actually deal damage while using theirs, and have long range.) I'd make 2 toss out an elixir field like elixir shell/super elixir (water field), curing a condition and healing for 5 seconds or more. Make 3 a healing bomb that will knockback enemies (no damage) and heal allies for a good amount. 4 could toss out a device that sets up a field that grants protection and regen, and 5 could be a small AoE revive from an actual AED device. Cool downs for each would be quite long.

This gives us our 1 which doesn't deal damage, but heals a lot, 2 is an explosive, 3 is an elixir, and 4 and 5 are a gadget. This gives us some synergy with other stuff at least, giving us options like speccing into gadgeteer for cooldown, or HGH for longer field duration and etc. and actually makes medkit an interesting heal. You still probably wouldn't take it other than for the revive maybe outside of a support build since it locks you out of doing any damage while using it.

Also, about the whole "if it needs med kit its probably not good", medkit+trait gives you +33% outgoing healing. Thats fucking ridiculously useful so I don't see how it wouldn't be nice to use?

My biggest issue is that HGH+Siege rounds used to be bugged (by used to I mean siege rounds got removed so RIP) to make super elixir last 11 seconds, and that gave us good water field access and an extra blast finisher and tons of time to use the blast finishers. It made healing engi really fucking cool as this area field based healer that could still do pretty decent healing using blast finishers to do burst healing, but now its only a 6s field and thats hardly time for anything since with a medkit thats literally your only access to a water field and we can't heal for shit.

So what if for med kit they buffed all the heals, gave condi cleanses to some of the skills, and made of of the throws aoe? So 2-5 would be a "throw something that blows up and heals allies for 3k hp and grants regen" or "throw something that cleanses 3 conditions and grants resistance" type setup? Have the auto heal the engi as well so there's a reason for the engi to actually use it outside of chasing their teammates.

If it could act as an aoe support/heal type kit it could be taken as a huge heal for engis who can manage kits well, and allow for more support than the easy to use turret. The trait that buffs the med kit's heals won't have to exist anymore and they can put heal bombs back where they belong so bomber engi can work again.

Pretty much this.

Even if they do "improve" the med kit, it's not going to be at the level of a support, druid, ele, or guard.

@Arimas.3492 said:Yeah I also wish Med Kit could get another pass on the skills, it has so much potential to become a great Engineer support kit but its lacking mostly in the 2-5 abilities. I've had a few ideas on how it could improve.

Make Med Blaster an AoE with 400 radius around the engineer. Change the 2-5 to become buff skills that once "loaded" will apply on the next Med Blaster proc. So for example you could "load up" the antidote skill and on next Med Blaster it would apply the extra heal and give resistance to all allies in the 400 radius of med blaster.

Yeah, this is pretty close to what I've been hoping for. My thought has been to change 2-5 so that they apply a Thief-Venom-like effect on you that lasts for 5 pulses of your healing spray (allowing you to spread one pulse betweeb five targets, or really pile on the support to a single target) while also applying one pulse of the buff to yourself. Then, making the Health Insurance trait add another 5 or even 10 stacks to skills 2-5 so that you can apply 10/15 pulses of each ability instead of the default 5.

I wouldn't want to make skill #1 affect the Engineer; Bandage Self isn't TOO bad except for maybe cast time, and making skills 2-5 affect the Engineer immediately instead of the clunky system of laying them down and running over them is probably enough to make Med Kit a decently solid choice even for a more selfish build.

My rather simple suggestions of last year...but hey new forum :) :

Skill 1 Med Blaster: Turn it to a channel version of what it is, with 5 pulses, affecting 5 target, the last pulse granting 2 sec of regen on the affected allies (something like FT auto, or fumigate, the regen helping for the additional healing per boon). Increase the scaling per boon. Affecting the Engineer would be a good idea but I fear the toolbelt skill would then be nerfed... and I must admit I like bandage self very much!!

Skill 2 Overcharge Blaster: Throw a ball of curing and condition clearing chemicals in front of you (like Guard staff2 with or without option for explode but with smaller range)

Skills 3-4-5 : Keep their functionality but make them work like a “throw elixir” skill with a radius of 180, affecting 5 people. Maybe the CD should be somehow increased or twisted with ammo.There is also the possibility to make them elixirs but then HGH will become 1 stack of might… so better keep them non elixirs

@Ranael.6423 said:There is also the possibility to make them elixirs but then HGH will become 1 stack of might… so better keep them non elixirs

As fun as that sounds, yeah, I have to agree that they shouldn't be flagged as Elixirs. X) That'd take a substantial amount away from Elixir H, which isn't even all that great to begin with. (Though, still a good deal better than Medkit at present.)

Coming at it from a slightly different direction, what if the Med Kit wasn't purely a heal skill, but a support utility kit? There might be some sort of design philosophy conflict with the idea, but I was thinking the rest of the skills on the kit could well provide some other kind of utility. I'm happy with the base idea of the kit as it is -- the toolbelt for a self heal, the Med Blaster for allies. Numbers may or may not require tweaking, where I've used it it's been fine but I've not been everywhere.

I'm just mothballing this a little, it's not a thoroughly thought through concpet, but just a mash up of ideas.

• Elixir Rocket - Fire a charge from the med blaster (either enemy or ground targeted) that detonates after a short delay, healing allies, cleansing n conditions (1? 2?) and leaving behind a regenerating mist that is also a water field.
  • Pre-Emptive Blast - Overcharge the med blaster to emit a pulse around the engineer after a short delay that grants resistance and protection to allies and puts Med Blaster on cooldown for the base duration of the boons.
  • Hylek Elixir - Lauch a blob of hylek elixir that grants might, fury and quickness to allies in the impact zone, either just a one off or a short duration pulsing field. Totally not copied from the turrets at Tequatl.
  • Rocket Assisted Tow - Activate your rocket boots to gain just a bit of air and pull yourself to the target. Enemy/ground targeted would be, I suppose, mostly a balance question, but obviously ground targeted would mean more utility. (Think shorter range/longer cooldown Oakheart's Essence.)

• 7 months later...

Honestly by and large, many kits just need rethinking at a basic level I'd argue, as does the whole toolbelt. There's tons of good ideas in there, but nothing which feels like it has been simmered down to a sensible class "feature".

As a result, kits feel disjointed.

Individually speaking, I feel a "med kit" is a really neat idea, swap to become a healer. We already have main healers in the game, so there's plenty room to make the med kit truly powerful now, the old "But then you'd be a healer and non-DPS roles are the deeeviiiillll"-'argument' is no longer valid.

The only problem is that due to the extremely flexible design of kits, they can't be overly powerful as a whole. The odd individual move can be good, but that's not enough for a unique aspect of the class.

Archived