Game is 4 times less accessible today than it was 4 years ago.

@Rainiris.1975 said:but coin is also much harder to come by

Sorry, no. Not by a long shot. 4 years ago you didn't get free 2 gold for logging in and spending 5 minutes on the dailies. Dungeons still can produce decent amounts of gold for the casual players via the Dungeon Frequenter repeatable. Fractals produce even more on a daily basis, and then there are lots of popular farms which flood you with valuable stuff. Yes, the prices have dropped, but the volumes have risen. Gold is much easier to come by now than it was.

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the complaint ... you left the game for a while and you come back and you were behind in wealth compared to everyone else (because that's REALLY what is happening to you). That doesn't seem like the fault of the game. It evolved while you left. The people that continued to play gained wealth. That's the only thing happening here.

I just came back to the game last weekend too. It's not about money for me, that is easily solved and to be honest I do not need a lot of it.For me it's more than a bit overwhelming for what I need to do to get up with the rest of the game, but hey that's my own fault for not playing. But I do feel it's a bit harder now to get through it all. :/

@Ayakaru.6583 said:In short, everything has become 800% easier to farm, the markets are floodes, demand cant keep up with supply, and everything becomes dirty cheap.Rather 5 ectos worth 40s, I make 25-30 ectos worth 18s at Palawadan in the same timeframe

Which is wonderful. Tier one legendaries are more limited for me only by map completion.

Those who played the market (and good for them for doing it) have also created the environment for this to occur.

There are Mats that are valuable... It likely just takes much more time to farm them. Thus the time invested for some to make the gold isn't worth it.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:I don't get the complaint ... you left the game for a while and you come back and you were behind in wealth compared to everyone else (because that's REALLY what is happening to you). That doesn't seem like the fault of the game. It evolved while you left. The people that continued to play gained wealth. That's the only thing happening here.

I just came back to the game last weekend too. It's not about money for me, that is easily solved and to be honest I do not need a lot of it.For me it's more than a bit overwhelming for what I need to do to get up with the rest of the game, but hey that's my own fault for not playing. But I do feel it's a bit harder now to get through it all. :/

I don't know what else you would expect ...

This is going to happen when you are away from any MMO, and believe me, GW2 is one of the kindest MMOs in this area.

I played a korean MMO, took a break for three years, I logged in to find I literally could not do anything with my account, my inventory was full, my bank was full, and I was locked out of slots on both because I didn't qualify for perks I had previously. And this wasn't a game where you could just simply vendor everything, every item had a different purpose and I had no idea what they were. My characters were who knows where, I didn't know where to go to complete the content for them, or sell them, didn't know where towns were, the first town I went to had been claimed by a guild and I wasn't allowed in, something I don't remember even being possible when I had last played. There was absolutely nothing for me to go on to figure out how to get back in to the game, it was such a nightmare I gave up halfway through.

In yet another korean MMO, the problem was much simpler, being gone for a year, meant I was going to be catching up to the games increasing grind and level cap for what seemed like an insurmountable amount of time, and it just didn't seem worth it.

@Conncept.7638 said:This is going to happen when you are away from any MMO, and believe me, GW2 is one of the kindest MMOs in this area.

I played a korean MMO, took a break for three years, I logged in to find I literally could not do anything with my account, my inventory was full, my bank was full, and I was locked out of slots on both because I didn't qualify for perks I had previously. And this wasn't a game where you could just simply vendor everything, every item had a different purpose and I had no idea what they were. My characters were who knows where, I didn't know where to go to complete the content for them, or sell them, didn't know where towns were, the first town I went to had been claimed by a guild and I wasn't allowed in, something I don't remember even being possible when I had last played. There was absolutely nothing for me to go on to figure out how to get back in to the game, it was such a nightmare I gave up halfway through.

In yet another korean MMO, the problem was much simpler, being gone for a year, meant I was going to be catching up to the games increasing grind and level cap for what seemed like an insurmountable amount of time, and it just didn't seem worth it.

And this is why i won’t be playing any Korean grindfest MMOs.

They’re terrible .

Archived