Current best class for 1v1?

Elarionus.3246

I want to get into some fun 1v1s, and I was hoping to find out what the best "dueling" class was. I know it was thief a long time ago, and I heard about spellbreaker being great for 1v1s not too long ago....what should I play if I want to mash a revenant main in 1v1? (Or any main for that matter).

All round best 1v1 (most victories, least hard and soft counters) would be mesmer. Either a condition mirage or power-shatter mirage (or even power chrono) are all very strong in 1v1. Druid, scrapper, holosmith (in wvw, not so much in pvp) are all pretty decent too. I'd say those are the cream of the crop in terms of 1v1s. There are plenty of decent builds in 1v1 (like Dragonhunter) that are definitely capable of beating the 5 I mentioned above, but at the highest skill level, those top 5 will usually win.

@"Elarionus.3246" said:I want to get into some fun 1v1s, and I was hoping to find out what the best "dueling" class was. I know it was thief a long time ago, and I heard about spellbreaker being great for 1v1s not too long ago....what should I play if I want to mash a revenant main in 1v1? (Or any main for that matter).

You got outplayed if you lose to rev 1v1 (the worst 1v1 class)

Rev literally got nerfed to the point of specifically making it the worst 1v1 as well as having many straight forward hard counters as well as hard terrain counter play.

Archived