Nobunny Loves Me

I started Path of Fire a few weeks ago, and have completed it. I'm slowly starting in on Living World season 4, but I've been working on maxing out my Mount masteries and completing the PoF maps. I have one Legendary Boss Event to finish up all of my Collections for the Griffon. (Yay, me!)

I finally broke down and decided I wanted a mount skin. I hit the GW2 WIKI, did some research, and decided on the "Tawny Hare". Then I looked carefully at the descriptions on the WIKI and in the Gem Store, and decided I needed the Mount SELECT License, which costs more, but allows me pick a specific skin. According to WIKI, the Mount ADOPTION License was for 30 skins, but the Gem Store is only selling them in packs of 5 these days. No matter... I was okay with the higher cost of a "Select" license, and I don't like RNG (it has never been good to me). So I spent the 1200 Gems for the "Select" version.

Well, nuts! For no reason that I have been able to determine, the Tawny Hare was not on the list! So I hit the GW2 WIKI again. I came up with nothing (and today I can't even locate the "Mount Select License" page anymore). I wound up using the License for a Skimmer skin that I'm fairly happy with, and decided to (ugh!) play the RNG game until I got my Hare.

Two tries netted me no Tawny Hare. On my third Mount Adoption License, I unlocked four mounts and then it stopped working. When I click my single remaining license, it has a grayed-out button at the bottom that says "All Mounts Unlocked". And yet I only have 15 of the 30.

So in a nutshell, I threw 6600 Gems into the effort, I still don't have my Tawny Hare, and the game says I'm done now with an extra unusable Mount Adoption License.

I created a Support Ticket over a week ago, and haven't heard a peep. They are usually pretty good about getting back to me. I'm kind of worried that they pulled the WIKI page for the Mount Select License (because of me?). Purchase issues usually get top priority. So far, I'm only hearing the crickets.

So here I am to see if anyone else has a similar tale, or an answer to the big question "why?". Is it possible that I am locked out of the other skins until I have achieved my Griffon? I haven't read anything to that effect. Since (apparently) they offered all 30 skins in one big package at some time in the past, I can only assume that we aren't supposed to be frozen at a 15 skin limit.

The Tawny Hare skin is part of the original set of Mount Adoption Licenses; 30 different mount skins that were the first set of adoption licenses released on the gem store. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License
They were recently taken off of the gem store for a while and will likely be back in the future.

The things you bought were the Selection License and Adoption Licenses for the Istani Isles mount skins, of which there are only 15 mounts (none of which are the Tawny Hare). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Istani_Isles%E2%80%94Mount_Adoption_License

So, you bought all 15 of the Istani Isles skins, which is why you can't get any more of them. You'll have to wait for the original set to come back to the gem store.

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:The Tawny Hare skin is part of the original set of Mount Adoption Licenses; 30 different mount skins that were the first set of adoption licenses released on the gem store. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License

They were recently taken off of the gem store for a while and will likely be back in the future.

The things you bought were the Selection License and Adoption Licenses for the Istani Isles mount skins, of which there are only 15 mounts (none of which are the Tawny Hare). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Istani_Isles%E2%80%94Mount_Adoption_License

So, you bought all 15 of the Istani Isles skins, which is why you can't get any more of them. You'll have to wait for the original set to come back to the gem store.

Sooooo...What you're telling me is that the only way the Tawny Hare has ever been available was through the 30-Pack (if and when it returns)? I REALLY don't want to buy 15 extra Contracts for skins that I already have. It's bad enough that I've already paid for one that can't ever be used (unless they give us a "Licensing Agent" NPC).Was there another "Set" called "Elon Riverlands Mount Adoption License" (or something like that) that contained the other 15? Or will that have to be invented for future sales?Man, I'm kinda peeved here. That's a lot of gems for nothing. The description was pretty incomplete and/or deceiving, and the "Right-Click to see Available Mounts" only works AFTER you've purchased the License. No way before you buy to see what they're really selling. (The WIKI, I'm sure they will tell me, is not "official").

No, there have only been two licences - the original which is fully rng and the current one (Istani) which is both rng or a premium rate for selecting. They briefly were available together, but the original is currently out of circulation until they bring it back.

The description was always clear and explicit in the description right up until they removed the old mounts pack a week or two ago. Currently it says you can obtain them from the BLTC on the tooltip which you cannot (it uses the same description as the istani one rather than the time limited description the seasonal packs use). They will need to change this for newer players to avoid further mis-purchases.

As explained, the original design of the license adoption model was highly criticized by the community. Due to the effect that many people actually got 30 licenses to make sure they had the one they want and to not change the deal, nothing was changed. With the Istan mount system, they added an extra option.

You made an honest mistake and I think that when you contact support, you can have a refund of the gems (not the money)

Just be more carefully in the future and read carefully and right click before buying. The new contract has a preview function on the trade post allowing to preview all he skins you can get.

@Hamfast.8719 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:The Tawny Hare skin is part of the original set of Mount Adoption Licenses; 30 different mount skins that were the first set of adoption licenses released on the gem store.

The things you bought were the Selection License and Adoption Licenses for the Istani Isles mount skins, of which there are only 15 mounts (none of which are the Tawny Hare).

Sooooo...What you're telling me is that the only way the Tawny Hare has ever been available was through the 30-Pack (if and when it returns)? I
REALLY
don't want to buy 15 extra Contracts for skins that I already have. It's bad enough that I've already paid for one that can't ever be used (unless they give us a "Licensing Agent" NPC).Was there another "Set" called "Elon Riverlands Mount Adoption License" (or something like that) that contained the other 15? Or will that have to be invented for future sales?Man, I'm kinda peeved here. That's a lot of gems for nothing. The description was pretty incomplete and/or deceiving, and the "Right-Click to see Available Mounts" only works AFTER you've purchased the License. No way before you buy to see what they're really selling. (The WIKI, I'm sure they will tell me, is not "official").

It's not the "other 15" it's the other 30. There are 45 total skins. There are 15 unique skins for the "Istani Isles Mount Adoption License" and another 30 for the base "Mount Adoption License" for a total of 45 (These are separate items. The wiki may be unofficial but it IS accurate, these are two items with different names, notably the one you purchased has two extra words attached to it at the beginning). The Istani Isles license does not contain a single skin from the other set. It likely will come back some day, but that doesn't mean it will come back soon. And yes, if you contact support they can at least very likely refund you the gems for the extra license.

@"Hamfast.8719" said:Sooooo...What you're telling me is that the only way the Tawny Hare has ever been available was through the 30-Pack (if and when it returns)?

No. Either that or the RNG adoption license that was also available at the time.

As stated before, the skin you want is not included in the currently available load that can be purchased. Wiki isn't specific about it because no one took the time to edit the info. These are the currently offered skins in the new Istani collection. This should have been marked as "historical", as it is no longer available.

The Wiki is specific and shows which skins are available with which licenses. Not to mention, the Tawny Hare page specifically directs to the Mount Adoption License page, rather than the Istani Isles Mount Adoption License page.

One can preview any Mount Skin in the Hero Panel, and be informed from which license it may be obtained.

This is merely user-error/confusion, and the CS Team likely will refund the Gems for the unusable license, if asked.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... it's a very bad system.

Why not make a visible representation of all the mount skins currently in the store ... exactly like with the other skins and outfits. Why does it have to be so weirdly obscure?

I'd love me some mount skins but after my mishap with the blinddate system i'll never put a dime in it again.

@Abakk.9176 said:I've said it before and i'll say it again... it's a very bad system.

Why not make a visible representation of all the mount skins currently in the store ... exactly like with the other skins and outfits. Why does it have to be so weirdly obscure?

I'd love me some mount skins but after my mishap with the blinddate system i'll never put a dime in it again.

The preview screen should def indicate what is currently in the store or at the very least indicate the item is time limited. Some do ,some dont. This needs sorting in game I agree.

The reason they released a second form to allow you to pick the skin you want was because of the disaster of the original being full RNG. There where 3 skins I wanted...I got 2 of them out of 8 tries. I am, however, happy with the skins I did unlock, as they fit what I wanted.

I will say I am a glutton for punishment in the RNG department...I usually roll 25 BLCs every month or so.

Archived