I'm by no means a fan of druids. However ...

Math.5123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kovu.7560 said:I swapped back to Soulbeast after the Druid & CA nerf on March 27.This kitten move coupled with the slight buffs to ranger/soulbeast pretty much solidified my position in that respect.

~ Kovu

If I had to guess? I think that's part of the reason for it. Few rangers I've seen play Soulbeast compared to Druid. In most cases, groups don't want Soulbeast. And I always found it telling that more nerfs happened to druid after this newest expansion than Soulbeast even to this day. Usually, a new 'class' dominates the field as far as people wanting to play it. That's the case for almost all the other classes.

But not Soulbeast . . . and there's a reason.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:I swapped back to Soulbeast after the Druid & CA nerf on March 27.This kitten move coupled with the slight buffs to ranger/soulbeast pretty much solidified my position in that respect.

~ Kovu

If I had to guess? I think that's part of the reason for it. Few rangers I've seen play Soulbeast compared to Druid. In most cases, groups don't want Soulbeast. And I always found it telling that more nerfs happened to druid after this newest expansion than Soulbeast even to this day. Usually, a new 'class' dominates the field as far as people wanting to play it. That's the case for almost all the other classes.

~ Kovu

Because stealth makes everything easier to play, requires less awareness and effort

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

He didn't mean recite the tooltips, he meant how is/was druid equal or greater than other options?

The objective answer is that Druid in PvP with its unique side node & off support role was on its way out, now it's more so on its way out.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

He didn't mean recite the tooltips, he meant how is/was druid equal or greater than other options?

The objective answer is that Druid in PvP with its unique side node & off support role was on its way out, now it's more so on its way out.

Celestial shadow and Druidic clarity? That what made druid easier to play respect to other potential sidenode holders

Archived