We are getting Balthazar+GS as our next Legend, right ANET?

Will.9785

@"Xykris.6758" said:As much as I would love to see Rev get the GS. I feel like the next weapon will be dagger. Mind you my reasoning for this is simply due to the art here on the forums of some of the classes.OkHSLlx.pngCorrect me if I'm wrong, but that does look like a rev, with a dagger. Especially since (as far as I'm aware) there are no Swords that you hold that way.

In my eyes, it look like something photoshoped but... Well I might be wrong.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Wizardauz.3761" said:Would like Greatsword option on Rev.

All the Light Armor Variants have "Staff" as a weapon availableAll the Medium Armor Variants have "Sword" option.

Seems fitting that all the Heavy Armor Variants have a Greatsword option

All Heavy Armor classes already share Hammer tho.

@Scar.1793 said:

@evold.9627 said:but eh I am really ok with anything

NO ! Greatsword or RIOT !

My red Twilight can’t take any more dust on my 2012 warrior.

from my experience of a rev. a greatsword would just be another bad ranged weapon overshadowed by hammers. Most weapons for the rev are not that great and if it were to be used traditionally like a warrior uses it then it would probably have a lot of movement skills. Rev's are just too squishy to stand and fight like a warrior can.

That being said I am ok with anything they give the class and "REEEE Greatsword! REEEE!" wont make the dev's change their mind on their next choice. Just wait and see what happens who knows maybe we might get something cool like Balths fighting style on a greatsword with Jora as the new legend or even be the only class in the game that can use off hands with a great sword or some nonsense like that.

Won’t be ranged since we already got shortbow. Power weapon with a focus on AoE damage while sword is more single target focused ( UA, precision strike, deathstrike) would seal the deal for me.

By the way if enough people speak their mind, the devs notice it and take it into account. They’re not blind as you think. Just like what happened with JP. ;)

The fact this thread is still up (and many before it) proves it’s a popular demand which will be met soon or later.

Yeah, but if they were paying attention to this thread they would see that it is mostly still going because we are discussing more than just Greatsword. Thus it's hard to say this thread proves that the greatsword is a popular weapon. If anything this thread proves that folks are split on the issue. :P

@"Xykris.6758" said:As much as I would love to see Rev get the GS. I feel like the next weapon will be dagger. Mind you my reasoning for this is simply due to the art here on the forums of some of the classes.OkHSLlx.pngCorrect me if I'm wrong, but that does look like a rev, with a dagger. Especially since (as far as I'm aware) there are no Swords that you hold that way.

Dagger/Dagger would be fun. Honestly, if they gave Rev dagger it would have to be double dagger or bust.

@Frozey.8513 said:

@"Wizardauz.3761" said:Would like Greatsword option on Rev.

All the Light Armor Variants have "Staff" as a weapon availableAll the Medium Armor Variants have "Sword" option.

Seems fitting that all the Heavy Armor Variants have a Greatsword option

All Heavy Armor classes already share Hammer tho.

They also all share sword, axe, shield, and spear. Being that these are all Solider professions I'm not surprised that they already share five weapons.

Don't really understand the backlash/hate for a Greatsword option.

I'd like a Greatsword but am really hoping for a good 2-Handed Melee option.

Rev Hammer has more value as a ranged weapon and Staff, while good, is more defensive then a Damaged focused weapon.

2handers imo have more options since it would be 5 new abilities rather then 3 for a 1 handed option. Unless they gave us a new mainhand and offhand

@Gihn.1043 said:

@Wizardauz.3761 said:Don't really understand the backlash/hate for a Greatsword option.2handers imo have more options since it would be 5 new abilities rather then 3 for a 1 handed option. Unless they gave us a new mainhand and offhand

(laughs in shortbow)

No experience playing Shortbow or Renegade. Only heard that its trash.

But it did make me laugh, +1

I don't have access to the game, but that's part of the same image used with the Retribution trait line. Looks quite a bit doctored to boot.

@Cuddy.6247 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:As much as I would love to see Rev get the GS. I feel like the next weapon will be dagger. Mind you my reasoning for this is simply due to the art here on the forums of some of the classes.
OkHSLlx.png
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that does look like a rev, with a dagger. Especially since (as far as I'm aware) there are no Swords that you hold that way.

I don't have access to the game, but that's part of the same image used with the Retribution trait line. Looks quite a bit doctored to boot.

Possibly. All I know is that it's the image used literally on the side of these forums. :P

IMO:Razah is a good option. There's a lot of interesting skill synergy/lore type stuff to explore there.

Gotta be honest though... one of the best suggestions I've seen in this thread so far is Varesh Ossa. I mean, that might be my GW1 Dervish bias poking through a little bit, but...

Archived