Weaver is in dire need of nerf

Bakeneko.5826

@Jski.6180 said:

8 sec is low cd 50 sec is a long cd.

What's your point?

I would not call what scourge has as long cool-down applications its only slightly longer cd then what weaver has but significantly stronger and aoe.

Well, it is a support spec after all. Just like tempest, it has a lot of strong aoe heals/barrier. Although, base barrier could be reduced to increase the healing power scaling, so full dps scourges dont pulse strong barriers.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@steki.1478 said:

What's your point?

I would not call what scourge has as long cool-down applications its only slightly longer cd then what weaver has but significantly stronger and aoe.

Well, it is a support spec after all. Just like tempest, it has a lot of strong aoe heals/barrier. Although, base barrier could be reduced to increase the healing power scaling, so full dps scourges dont pulse strong barriers.

I wish tempest supported like a scorge.

To bring this all back weaver as a class is weaker then other classes like scorge even after the nerf to scorge because of its ability to both support its team and it self AND do strong hard to deal with dmg. Weaver max dmg is the only thing that makes it usable in wvw setting and pve but it needs to have its dmg supported by other anty boon classes as weaver dmg is all easy to deal with.I am all for nerfing its max dmg but only if anet gives it real counter dmg migration tools like unblockable more then one condi per hit or even counter healing / barrier of some type.

@Jski.6180 said:

What's your point?

To bring this all back weaver as a class is weaker then other classes like scorge even after the nerf to scorge because of its ability to both support its team and it self AND do strong hard to deal with dmg. Weaver max dmg is the only thing that makes it usable in wvw setting and pve but it needs to have its dmg supported by other anty boon classes as weaver dmg is all easy to deal with.I am all for nerfing its max dmg but only if anet gives it real counter dmg migration tools like unblockable more then one condi per hit or even counter healing / barrier of some type.

Why would you want condi when weaver Is all about power, that would be useless. Weaver inWvW is really strong and I doubt Tempest will be touched until anet are happy with where Weaver and the other PoF specs are in a good spot

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

What's your point?

Why would you want condi when weaver Is all about power, that would be useless. Weaver inWvW is really strong and I doubt Tempest will be touched until anet are happy with where Weaver and the other PoF specs are in a good spot

It kind of is a condi class at least the most condi ele has to date but the amount of condis for dmg on the ele / weaver class is so low that clears is a true hard counter. Burn and bleed alone dose not make for a true condi aimed class.

So your right its a power dmg class but only because of bad game designed.

Unblockable, counter healing / barrier is still very much part of power dmg but its no where to be found on the weaver class.

@Jski.6180 said:

What's your point?

I'm against that. Countering damage mitigation is useless in pve, so a change like that means ele becomes useless in pve altogether. It will be a choice of being either bad dps or a poor support. No thanks.

@Feanor.2358 said:

What's your point?

I'm against that. Countering damage mitigation is useless in pve, so a change like that means ele becomes useless in pve altogether. It will be a choice of being either bad dps or a poor support. No thanks.

Then we are just going to see the slow nomzation of ele dmg in pve with out any real benefit in pvp.

@Jski.6180 said:

What's your point?

Then we are just going to see the slow nomzation of ele dmg in pve with out any real benefit in pvp.

The kind of benefit you want can come in the form of an elite spec. Ruining the class as a whole in PvE is just not an option.

@Feanor.2358 said:

What's your point?

The kind of benefit you want can come in the form of an elite spec. Ruining the class as a whole in PvE is just not an option.

Yes an dmg dealing elite spec. and if weaver not going to get the unblockables and counter dmg mitigation then what elite spec. will for ele? We have dmg dealing aimed elite spec. from other classes and they DO have counter to dmg mitigation that they did not have on there core or other elite spec.

@Jski.6180 said:

What's your point?

Yes an dmg dealing elite spec. and if weaver not going to get the unblockables and counter dmg mitigation then what elite spec. will for ele? We have dmg dealing aimed elite spec. from other classes and they DO have counter to dmg mitigation that they did not have on there core or other elite spec.

No, a pvp-oriented spec. Like wars got their spellbreaker. Weaver is perfectly fine as damage-dealing spec in the context of PvE.

@Feanor.2358 said:

What's your point?

No, a pvp-oriented spec. Like wars got their spellbreaker. Weaver is perfectly fine as damage-dealing spec in the context of PvE.

Core ele was a perfectly fine damage dealing spec for pve content weaver is the very def of pvp aimed as it has a lot of evasion that are meanness in pve.

Its crazy that any one suggest that weaver was pve aimed when all it is getting for pve is pure stats + and nothing more.

So yes WEAVER needs to get hit and hit hard because core ele is paying for it dearly.

The thing is, nobody cares about the evasion in PvE. We take weaver for the damage modifiers, and it comes with nice little extra packets of damage from the dual skills. It's perfect for PvE.

And by the way, precisely because it has so much evasion in pvp it can't have the same damage output. It would be broken AF.

@Feanor.2358 said:The thing is, nobody cares about the evasion in PvE. We take weaver for the damage modifiers, and it comes with nice little extra packets of damage from the dual skills. It's perfect for PvE.

And by the way, precisely because it has so much evasion in pvp it can't have the same damage output. It would be broken AF.

I do not understand why is it perfect for pve? Its not like higher numbers are good for pve its all about dps in pve so speed > then max numbers and weaver give you nothing to help you there.

See thf for evasion in pvp and dmg output as well has having stealth something weaver dose not get.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:The thing is, nobody cares about the evasion in PvE. We take weaver for the damage modifiers, and it comes with nice little extra packets of damage from the dual skills. It's perfect for PvE.

I do not understand why is it perfect for pve? Its not like higher numbers are good for pve its all about dps in pve so speed > then max numbers and weaver give you nothing to help you there.

See thf for evasion in pvp and dmg output as well has having stealth something weaver dose not get.

It's all about dps in pve and weaver gives you just that - high dps. Like, really high. Higher numbers in the same time obviously mean higher average per unit of time.

The problem with countering damage mitigation in pvp is you'd be doing too much. Same issue scourges have in wvw really.

@Feanor.2358 said:

It's all about dps in pve and weaver gives you just that - high dps. Like, really high. Higher numbers in the same time obviously mean higher average per unit of time.

The problem with countering damage mitigation in pvp is you'd be doing too much. Same issue scourges have in wvw really.

But scourge is still there and it was reaper who had more counter dmg mitigation and was more of a dps aimed elite.

In the most superficial way weaver is going to do higher dmg but due to all of the "free" dmg + it gets from the line we are seeing major nerfs to over all dps to core ele skills. A real pve aimed dmg class dose a lot of hits very fast to trigger on hit effect and get more out out crit dmg. Weaver is just not that class and sword being the main weaver wepon it IS the 1v1 wepon for the ele class now (after the high nerfs to dagger and core).

i think weaver is just right in were its placed it dont need any nerfs becouse if you have someone that only mains ele they will be realy good compared to someone new or a casual. what im trying to say is weaver is a very complex and high skilled playstyle so nerfing something becouse peps are more skilled is like saying saying nerf rev becouse he can kill like 4 peps befor anyone knows whats up its just bad banter for any class if you want the nerf what is makeing it so op that no one can kill it or what is makeing it so you are haveing a hard time predicting its movements in all i think ele and ranger are one of the most baliced classes in the game but that does not mean they are perfect they all need some work some were.

@Jski.6180 said:

But scourge is still there and it was reaper who had more counter dmg mitigation and was more of a dps aimed elite.

In the most superficial way weaver is going to do higher dmg but due to all of the "free" dmg + it gets from the line we are seeing major nerfs to over all dps to core ele skills. A real pve aimed dmg class dose a lot of hits very fast to trigger on hit effect and get more out out crit dmg. Weaver is just not that class and sword being the main weaver wepon it IS the 1v1 wepon for the ele class now (after the high nerfs to dagger and core).

Actually Weaver is precisely that class. There's nothing out there that does more hits per second, except maybe Tempest. But Tempest lacks the extra damage, so the more hits do not amount to anything in the end. Of course, that's not a weaver using Sword. But sword was never intended to be a PvE meta choice. It has too much active defences built-in, if you strap on it top damage it will simply be the single usable weapon for weaver. That's poor design - creating a choice between the superior AOE damage of staff and the superior survivability of the sword is way better. Also note that Scepter follows the same model, offering superior single-target burst but less damage overall than staff.

As for the scourges - yes, they are still there. For the time being. It doesn't mean there's no issue with scourges dominating the WvW meta. Or firebrands on the defensive support side, for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ganathar.4956 said:Some people won't be happy until ele has no place in any game mode. If you haven't noticed ele already got nerfed this patch. Want to make DPS even lower so nobody wants to play the risky build that will end up doing lower dps than the safer builds?

What is ele supposed to do after that? PvP? Pretty useless there. WvW? No reason to ever roam with this profession. If it gets nerfed then it will only be viable for WvW zergs. Not optimal there, just viable. A couple of eles in a sea of scourges and firebrands.

Not really. Just tonight I took 17k-15k-16k from 3 meteors in a row. Thats absolutely nothing to complain about.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:Some people won't be happy until ele has no place in any game mode. If you haven't noticed ele already got nerfed this patch. Want to make DPS even lower so nobody wants to play the risky build that will end up doing lower dps than the safer builds?

What is ele supposed to do after that? PvP? Pretty useless there. WvW? No reason to ever roam with this profession. If it gets nerfed then it will only be viable for WvW zergs. Not optimal there, just viable. A couple of eles in a sea of scourges and firebrands.

Not really. Just tonight I took 17k-15k-16k from 3 meteors in a row. Thats absolutely nothing to complain about.

IT BUGED.A bug should never make things ok they should be fixed.

There is no info about it getting a buff and we all have less crit dmg. So it is impossible for it to be doing more dmg.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

It's obviously bugged. Meteor shower is supposed to get lower damage with every hit. Do not make balance claims based on skills that are bugged and will probably get hotfixed within the week.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

if you stand in a bomb and lose your boons, get vulnerability and weakness stacks, then expect to die.If you stick with your group and get protection + heals a meteor shower never hits me more than 6k

@Henrik.7560 said:

if you stand in a bomb and lose your boons, get vulnerability and weakness stacks, then expect to die.If you stick with your group and get protection + heals a meteor shower never hits me more than 6k

Wait where did it say I died? Not everyone has to run in the main group, someone has to be actually useful in wvw. If theres 5 downs in a meteor shower you bet your ass i'll walk in there to take care of it even if they main zerg is already running away full tilt even if it means taking 40k in damage to kill them.

Archived