Weaver is in dire need of nerf

Bakeneko.5826

@Allarius.5670 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:Why do you want to nerf Weaver? You could kill us in 2 hits if you tried, so stop crying already and l2p.

cant talk for the OP but all im saying is for pve
  • revert meteor shower
  • nerf elements of rage numbers by a bit

whoever thought weaver didnt need a nerf pre patch was delusional, its just that the meteor shower nerf was not the best way to do it

btw: im playing weaver good enough, i dont need to git gud and l2p

Nerf Elements of Rage, why? We are kinda in a good place at the moment with damage and you want to ruin it.

The problem with elements of rage is that its a dmg effect that add more dmg from having more dmg. It makes power that much stronger on the class. Its an effect that you can never comply balance and will always hold back the weaver class and sadly the core ele class for its max dmg on skills because any one can run elemental of rage and throw all the balancing of skills out of the window.

A free 20% to 25% crit dmg and 10% dmg when you double swap is a lot on a GM. It would be far better to drop the power to crit dmg to 10% and the double swap to 5% to both condi and power dmg at the same time buffing all of the dmg skills on ele and weaver (not tempest needs a major support buff but its dmg should never be that high).

I would not mind them re-looking at the other GM in weaver line as they are not used most of the time.

So basically another Bolt to the Heart. That's boring.

Still very different then bolt to the heart as you need to hit an hp amount on your target to trigger the effect something that is much harder to do in wvw setting due to barrier spame (bolt to the heart is out dated as can be realty all the if hp is lower then x are out dated as they where made as means of conter healing but barrier has thow that comply out of wacked). Dmg to get more dmg is never a good balancing point and i am asking for this effect to be dropped some what and giving a condi effect boost and over all boosting core ele / weaver over all dmg from there skills.

As for the other GM they are not good on there own like elements of rage you need to take other lines to make them usable. I would not call barrier on dodge roll usable at all.

The other GMs are underwhelming, I fully agree. Although my perspective is heavily biased toward PvE. Or, to be more precise, toward dealing damage. So I might very well be wrong here, I'm not really that confident in my ability to estimate the value of defensive traits.

What I don't like about your suggestion is the diminished power of the active component of Elements of Rage. That's kinda gameplay-defining. But it needs to be strong enough for it to be gameplay-defining. Tune it down and it becomes just another passive bonus with imperfect uptime. And again, I think EoR has to be stronger than BttH in any case. Weaver can be a very strong offensive line, but it forgoes so much utility in being offensive that it needs a significant increase of damage output to offset it.

The though is to drop the power of elements of rage to buff all the other skills on weaver and core ele. Right now we keep seeing dmg skill getting nerf because of effects like EoR and it will keep happening because of this one GMs.

Yeah, no. If EoR (and weaver's) power get dialed back too much, you'd just end up forcing eles to play Fire/Air/Arcane to stack the damage GMs. And it would suck, as you'd have made
both
their elite specs useless in PvE. Which is, and have always been, the main focus of the game.

How is that a bad thing? If you want to play as an ele you should not be forced to play as an weaver if you want to play as a weaver you should play as a weaver. Just throwing dmg on weaver is not the right way to make ppl play as a weaver they should want to play it for its swap effect duel skills and stances.

It's bad marketing you know. A developer doesn't just want to create a game, they want to also sell it. Useless elite specs aren't a good selling points for expansions.

I don't know, this plays into the story that the devs purposely design new elite specs to be more powerful than the previous set just to sell the expansion. It undercuts all the prior work they have put in. That just sounds like conspiracy theory talk to me. I'm more of the mind that there is no need to explain things beyond simple incompetence if that alone suffices. And I don't mean that in a bad way, what they do is likely incredibly complex and difficult.

Expansion packs provide more than just elite specs, and elite specs provide a new way of playing that profession, meta or not. So long as the elite spec is reasonably viable they cannot go chasing the high end meta crowd every time. That is too unreasonable. But that goes for both PvE and PvP. I think many complaints stem not necessarily from Weaver not being PvP meta, but from a lack of any ele build working at a meta level regardless of role. It just happens that Weaver, as part of ele, gets targeted in those conversations along with everything else.

It may behoove the community who likes things as they currently exist to suggest and promote the idea that the next elite spec for ele be more heavily designed with utility and PvP functionality in mind.

Well, not necessarily. Tempest's damage output in particular was nerfed heavily right before PoF launched and made the spec more or less "defensive support", leaving Weaver as the damage one. The next one does not have to make the same, as long as Weaver stays a damage spec. So for instance we might get an offensive support, or whatever. My point is, it is not realistic to expect both elite specs to be comparable as damage output to core. Just feels bad, on the player side, so they won't do it.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:Why do you want to nerf Weaver? You could kill us in 2 hits if you tried, so stop crying already and l2p.

cant talk for the OP but all im saying is for pve
  • revert meteor shower
  • nerf elements of rage numbers by a bit

whoever thought weaver didnt need a nerf pre patch was delusional, its just that the meteor shower nerf was not the best way to do it

btw: im playing weaver good enough, i dont need to git gud and l2p

Nerf Elements of Rage, why? We are kinda in a good place at the moment with damage and you want to ruin it.

The problem with elements of rage is that its a dmg effect that add more dmg from having more dmg. It makes power that much stronger on the class. Its an effect that you can never comply balance and will always hold back the weaver class and sadly the core ele class for its max dmg on skills because any one can run elemental of rage and throw all the balancing of skills out of the window.

A free 20% to 25% crit dmg and 10% dmg when you double swap is a lot on a GM. It would be far better to drop the power to crit dmg to 10% and the double swap to 5% to both condi and power dmg at the same time buffing all of the dmg skills on ele and weaver (not tempest needs a major support buff but its dmg should never be that high).

I would not mind them re-looking at the other GM in weaver line as they are not used most of the time.

So basically another Bolt to the Heart. That's boring.

Still very different then bolt to the heart as you need to hit an hp amount on your target to trigger the effect something that is much harder to do in wvw setting due to barrier spame (bolt to the heart is out dated as can be realty all the if hp is lower then x are out dated as they where made as means of conter healing but barrier has thow that comply out of wacked). Dmg to get more dmg is never a good balancing point and i am asking for this effect to be dropped some what and giving a condi effect boost and over all boosting core ele / weaver over all dmg from there skills.

As for the other GM they are not good on there own like elements of rage you need to take other lines to make them usable. I would not call barrier on dodge roll usable at all.

The other GMs are underwhelming, I fully agree. Although my perspective is heavily biased toward PvE. Or, to be more precise, toward dealing damage. So I might very well be wrong here, I'm not really that confident in my ability to estimate the value of defensive traits.

What I don't like about your suggestion is the diminished power of the active component of Elements of Rage. That's kinda gameplay-defining. But it needs to be strong enough for it to be gameplay-defining. Tune it down and it becomes just another passive bonus with imperfect uptime. And again, I think EoR has to be stronger than BttH in any case. Weaver can be a very strong offensive line, but it forgoes so much utility in being offensive that it needs a significant increase of damage output to offset it.

The though is to drop the power of elements of rage to buff all the other skills on weaver and core ele. Right now we keep seeing dmg skill getting nerf because of effects like EoR and it will keep happening because of this one GMs.

Yeah, no. If EoR (and weaver's) power get dialed back too much, you'd just end up forcing eles to play Fire/Air/Arcane to stack the damage GMs. And it would suck, as you'd have made
both
their elite specs useless in PvE. Which is, and have always been, the main focus of the game.

How is that a bad thing? If you want to play as an ele you should not be forced to play as an weaver if you want to play as a weaver you should play as a weaver. Just throwing dmg on weaver is not the right way to make ppl play as a weaver they should want to play it for its swap effect duel skills and stances.

It's bad marketing you know. A developer doesn't just want to create a game, they want to also sell it. Useless elite specs aren't a good selling points for expansions.

I don't know, this plays into the story that the devs purposely design new elite specs to be more powerful than the previous set just to sell the expansion. It undercuts all the prior work they have put in. That just sounds like conspiracy theory talk to me. I'm more of the mind that there is no need to explain things beyond simple incompetence if that alone suffices. And I don't mean that in a bad way, what they do is likely incredibly complex and difficult.

Expansion packs provide more than just elite specs, and elite specs provide a new way of playing that profession, meta or not. So long as the elite spec is reasonably viable they cannot go chasing the high end meta crowd every time. That is too unreasonable. But that goes for both PvE and PvP. I think many complaints stem not necessarily from Weaver not being PvP meta, but from a lack of any ele build working at a meta level regardless of role. It just happens that Weaver, as part of ele, gets targeted in those conversations along with everything else.

It may behoove the community who likes things as they currently exist to suggest and promote the idea that the next elite spec for ele be more heavily designed with utility and PvP functionality in mind.

Well, not necessarily. Tempest's damage output in particular was nerfed heavily right before PoF launched and made the spec more or less "defensive support", leaving Weaver as the damage one. The next one does not have to make the same, as long as Weaver stays a damage spec. So for instance we might get an offensive support, or whatever. My point is, it is not realistic to expect
both
elite specs to be comparable as damage output to core. Just feels bad, on the player side, so they won't do it.

In my opinion weaver is not specifically the elementalist's damage specialization. Instead, I'd call it the spec of extremes. You either go full glass canon or full bunker, no middle ground because its double attunement mechanic renders that pretty useless. Elementalist was already a bit like that as a profession, but weaver takes it up to eleven. The next spec really needs to be made with finding a good balance in mind, because that's what you usually want in competetive modes.

The problem is that at the moment elementalist is having problems with PvP, and to a lesser extent WvW. Even if elementalist has no dedicated PvP elite spec for this at the moment, there is no excuse for the class to have no builds that are meta. They have to do something to hold the clss over until the next expansion and then they have to make sure that they finally make such a spec, instead of giving elementalist what it already haves yet again.

@Feanor.2358 said:Dedicated PvP spec sounds like a terrible idea. PvP capabilities is fine, but anything more than that would backfire. PvP alone is too small.

Perhaps I misspoke. I didn't mean that ele needs a spec that is only good in PvP, but it is pretty obvious that Anet hasn't given much consideration to PvP when designing ele elite specs, compared to some other classes. Like for example with warrior spellbreaker or mesmer mirage.

Weaver in wvw is spectacular to fight as and against. A good Weaver will not only keep you in your toes but can close off your attacks if they read you well. I have seen some monsters but they aren't invincible. I think for the most, playing as/against a Weaver, the outcome will usually be who can manage their cooldowns and smartly manage which skills to save whilst predicting opponent moves. I play mine more aggressively so people don't get breathing space which in turn makes them do more mistakes and fumble. Overall I feel it is in somewhat a good spot at least in wvw in the manner that I play it, it's a really fun class. I wouldn't call it op though as it does also have it's fair share of deficiencies.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Weaver in wvw is spectacular to fight as and against. A good Weaver will not only keep you in your toes but can close off your attacks if they read you well. I have seen some monsters but they aren't invincible. I think for the most, playing as/against a Weaver, the outcome will usually be who can manage their cooldowns and smartly manage which skills to save whilst predicting opponent moves. I play mine more aggressively so people don't get breathing space which in turn makes them do more mistakes and fumble. Overall I feel it is in somewhat a good spot at least in wvw in the manner that I play it, it's a really fun class. I wouldn't call it op though as it does also have it's fair share of deficiencies.

While I enjoy playing weaver (grieving/cele hybrid) I feel it just doesn’t keep pace with other classes for WvW if you’re fighting outnumbered fights. Sure if you’re fighting in a tug of war between 2 spawn points it’s as you say but many classes will reset and be back or simply stealth away. If you want to catch them you need dagger offhand which in turn makes you vulnerable to pew pew. When a ranger can hit you for 3k on a simple auto and 15k on rapid fire you start realising how poor sword Weaver is for WvW. Honestly I’d say sceptre/focus is probably the most versatile and you can pretty much one shot anything remotely risky.

The worst part about it is that weaver is objectively completely busted compared to anything from pre HoT.

@apharma.3741 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Weaver in wvw is spectacular to fight as and against. A good Weaver will not only keep you in your toes but can close off your attacks if they read you well. I have seen some monsters but they aren't invincible. I think for the most, playing as/against a Weaver, the outcome will usually be who can manage their cooldowns and smartly manage which skills to save whilst predicting opponent moves. I play mine more aggressively so people don't get breathing space which in turn makes them do more mistakes and fumble. Overall I feel it is in somewhat a good spot at least in wvw in the manner that I play it, it's a really fun class. I wouldn't call it op though as it does also have it's fair share of deficiencies.

While I enjoy playing weaver (grieving/cele hybrid) I feel it just doesn’t keep pace with other classes for WvW if you’re fighting outnumbered fights. Sure if you’re fighting in a tug of war between 2 spawn points it’s as you say but many classes will reset and be back or simply stealth away. If you want to catch them you need dagger offhand which in turn makes you vulnerable to pew pew. When a ranger can hit you for 3k on a simple auto and 15k on rapid fire you start realising how poor sword Weaver is for WvW. Honestly I’d say sceptre/focus is probably the most versatile and you can pretty much one shot anything remotely risky.

The worst part about it is that weaver is objectively completely busted compared to anything from pre HoT.

Offtopic but there's actually a post about a ranger longbow AA doing 11k'ish hits which sounds like a nightmare - but personally I've encountered only 8k as the highest from rangers longbow AA, would definitely ruin a few Weaver's day hehe. I always ready myself in air on sword/focus to close the gap if I see one approaching.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Offtopic but there's actually a post about a ranger longbow AA doing 11k'ish hits which sounds like a nightmare - but personally I've encountered only 8k as the highest from rangers longbow AA, would definitely ruin a few Weaver's day hehe. I always ready myself in air on sword/focus to close the gap if I see one approaching.

I’ve never seen an 8k or 11k auto but I do frequently see 4-5k hit me on zerk mesmer. Yes I know zerk takes a lot of damage but 1/3rd of your base health from an auto that you can use well outside their range is a little rediculous that’s without mentioning how it pretty much means you won’t be running away without stealth. If people want stealth removed they need to seriously nerf ranged damage not just from rangers.

Ele used to be a damage only class while being risky to play.

That is no longer the case, there is no need to bring a risky / zero utility class to the table anymore when you can go for safer choices. Ele lost its niche.

But sure, at least you can inflict self-pleasure on yourself knowing you can handle playing one. That's the only benefit the ele class has going right now - and people still want nerfs!

@"apharma.3741" said:I am so very confused by this. Weaver is equal top damage on large hit boxes for a much more sensitive rotation, on small it's marginally better than a few but no longer top and this is assuming you play perfectly and don't get shafted by any adds CCing you or lose scholar bonus and with a good boon uptime from the chrono.

Source: https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

In PvP and WvW ele isn't even close to being OP for roaming and it's only place is zerging where meteor on downs will pretty much kill everything down and hit like a truck even on minstrels.

If you mean that ele deals far too much damage at the upper ends in PvE and so does every other class then sure I can agree with that, the power creep across the board since HoT is unreal.

I need more power creep on my Soulbeast, please... like, all of it.

@"Feanor.2358" said:As a backline staff weaver I can say pretty much the same in wvw context - the class is fun to play, but definitely not the strongest option.

Sadly but ture i wish it was like the older days of wvw where ele class was made for mass aoe now its just a 2ed class aoe dmg class. That why "weaver" needs a dmg nerf for its one GM trait but buffing every thing else on core ele and making weaver staff skills non projectiles.

Weaver dmg is fine its the lack of counter dmg mitigation is the real problem with the weaver as a class.

@Jski.6180 said:

@"Feanor.2358" said:As a backline staff weaver I can say pretty much the same in wvw context - the class is fun to play, but definitely not the strongest option.

Sadly but ture i wish it was like the older days of wvw where ele class was made for mass aoe now its just a 2ed class aoe dmg class. That why "weaver" needs a dmg nerf for its one GM trait but buffing every thing else on core ele

You realize that's not going to happen, right? If they nerf weaver, they'll nerf weaver and call it a day.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:As a backline staff weaver I can say pretty much the same in wvw context - the class is fun to play, but definitely not the strongest option.

Sadly but ture i wish it was like the older days of wvw where ele class was made for mass aoe now its just a 2ed class aoe dmg class. That why "weaver" needs a dmg nerf for its one GM trait but buffing every thing else on core ele

You realize that's not going to happen, right? If they nerf weaver, they'll nerf weaver and call it a day.

Well with that attitude they are for sure going to not fix things. I am of the mind a person should keep saying what is right or wrong and point out how to make things right.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:As a backline staff weaver I can say pretty much the same in wvw context - the class is fun to play, but definitely not the strongest option.

Well with that attitude they are for sure going to not fix things. I am of the mind a person should keep saying what is right or wrong and point out how to make things right.

I'm not sold on your suggestion being right. Spreading out power everywhere makes it trickier to balance. Things are bound to become overpowered and some of them are bound to go unnoticed. Plus, the whole Weaver line will become pretty useless in PvE. Personally, I'd look for a simpler solution.

@Feanor.2358 said:

I'm not sold on your suggestion being right. Spreading out power everywhere makes it trickier to balance. Things are bound to become overpowered and some of them are bound to go unnoticed. Plus, the whole Weaver line will become pretty useless in PvE. Personally, I'd look for a simpler solution.

The thing is they keep nerfing the core ele to make the elite spec more balanced. They did it with tempest and they are doing it with weaver so as is not a good or simple solution.

@Jski.6180 said:

The thing is they keep nerfing the core ele to make the elite spec more balanced. They did it with tempest and they are doing it with weaver so as is not a good or simple solution.

Actually it is. Because they're nerfing just the one outlier skill. How many skills would you need to buff in order to offset the power loss from Weaver in your scenario? Pretty much every other weapon skill, plus a fair number of utilities.

@thefantasticg.3984 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:I am so very confused by this. Weaver is equal top damage on large hit boxes for a much more sensitive rotation, on small it's marginally better than a few but no longer top and this is assuming you play perfectly and don't get shafted by any adds CCing you or lose scholar bonus and with a good boon uptime from the chrono.

Source:

In PvP and WvW ele isn't even close to being OP for roaming and it's only place is zerging where meteor on downs will pretty much kill everything down and hit like a truck even on minstrels.

If you mean that ele deals far too much damage at the upper ends in PvE
and so does every other class
then sure I can agree with that, the power creep across the board since HoT is unreal.

I need more power creep on my Soulbeast, please... like, all of it.

I know you’re joking and I laughed but the sad part is people think this and say it.

@Razor.6392 said:Ele used to be a damage only class while being risky to play.

That is no longer the case, there is no need to bring a risky / zero utility class to the table anymore when you can go for safer choices. Ele lost its niche.

Ele never had this niche since beta. Every other class had it, with more base HP, defense and utility on top of it, but not Ele.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Actually it is. Because they're nerfing just the one outlier skill. How many skills would you need to buff in order to offset the power loss from Weaver in your scenario? Pretty much every other weapon skill, plus a fair number of utilities.

I am not sure what your looking for then with the class raw dmg only works well in pve and that just got nerf hard and most of what weaver added to wvw was build in counter with the other add on in pof. Yes weaver is good at low man fights but that even going away with the curent wvw meta of 2 classes.

You can have all the utilities in the word but if every other class has the same utitlites but better then what the point?

Weaver needs anty dmg mitigation and much harder to deal with condis.

@Jski.6180 said:

I am not sure what your looking for then with the class raw dmg only works well in pve and that just got nerf hard and most of what weaver added to wvw was build in counter with the other add on in pof. Yes weaver is good at low man fights but that even going away with the curent wvw meta of 2 classes.

You can have all the utilities in the word but if every other class has the same utitlites but better then what the point?

Weaver needs anty dmg mitigation and much harder to deal with condis.

Well it first and foremost needs to work in PvE. Countering damage mitigation is very strong in PvP, but completely useless in PvE.

Why would anyone, ANYONE, ever bring a weaver (ele even) to a group if their damage was nerfed even further than it has? They have absolutely no utility that's worth bringing, or party buffs for that matter. All they bring is damage, and that's it.

Hell you don't even need them in groups outside of speed clears. My static cleared 4/5 wings without a single ele last raid reset.

@Blue.1207 said:Why would anyone, ANYONE, ever bring a weaver (ele even) to a group if their damage was nerfed even further than it has? They have absolutely no utility that's worth bringing, or party buffs for that matter. All they bring is damage, and that's it.

Hell you don't even need them in groups outside of speed clears. My static cleared 4/5 wings without a single ele last raid reset.

Welcome to the Thief, Necro (without Epi) and Revenant worlds. It's about time the tables are turned for once (in the PvE endgame), this META hasn't really changed for tooooooo long now!And once that's the case, well, I'm sorry for all you Ele mains, but at least you're still viable ... (Thief, Necro and Revenant mains know what I'm talking about, how many times they have heard that one before!)

Ah what am I thinking, if ever ...

Archived