[Please fix!] Jacaranda pet sounds like broken sound file

Mystery solved!

Turns out it is the Jacaranda ranger pet making that terrible noise. You can't stand in V.I.P. areas anymore without this awful sound playing, driving you crazy...

Please, ANet, remove this annoying, broken noise from the Jacaranda ASAP.

For at least a month now (probably longer), there has been a strange re-occuring sound, whose source I cannot pin-point. It sounds like a fly trapped in a tight space, which I find most unsettling (as I hate the sound of insects at my home ;) ).

Anyway, I was thinking, "Perhaps it's a broken sound file?" - so I did a data archive repair (twice), but to no avail.

Anyone else hearing it? It seems to be occuring frequently, though not continuously, on the upper platform (between the MF and the portal). What is that weird buzzing and where is it coming from?

Edit: Just uploaded this short video to demonstrate the issue:

This is probably from people using the Queen Bee infusion. I see multiple people with them in the terrace. The sound makes me leave the area so I can't use the item I paid for. I really wish the infusion sounds would be put on the same sliders as musical instruments or on their own slider.

@Bunter.3795 said:This is probably from people using the Queen Bee infusion.

I'm afraid it's not that, since it occurs frequently and there are no players with that infusion around when it does. It's not a bee buzzing, either (I know that infusion's sound and visual effect very well), but a strange, monotonous buzzing sound, like a trapped fly. It's sounds buggy, too, not like an intended sound at all.

I'd recommend making a sound recording or at least a high-res screenshot. Otherwise, it's hard to know what sound it is that you're describing or it's source.

The Queen Bee infusion does sound more like trapped flies than a bee checking out the nearby gardens, it does occur frequently, it's calming to some (and monotonous to others), and well, obviously, it's buggy, whether a fly or a bee (sorry, couldn't resist the pun). I'm not convinced from your description that it isn't the infusion.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'd recommend making a sound recording or at least a high-res screenshot.

A screenshot won't capture the sound, will it? ;) I have thought of that myself, but haven't had the time yet.

The Queen Bee infusion doesn't sound "broken", though. I had watched several YouTube videos of it. Hmm.

I'll see that I make a sound recording ASAP.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'd recommend making a sound recording or at least a high-res screenshot.

A screenshot won't capture the sound, will it? ;) I have thought of that myself, but haven't had the time yet.

The Queen Bee infusion doesn't sound "broken", though. I had watched several YouTube videos of it. Hmm.

I'll see that I make a sound recording ASAP.

The screenshot would show what else is around that might be causing sound.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The screenshot would show what else is around that might be causing sound.

A screenshot isn't sufficient for this, so I made a video instead (see edited entry post).

P.S. I never have the effects sound volume up that high, so I didn't hear it this as clearly before. As you can hear in the video, it sounds more mechanical than natural (so much for my "trapped fly" comparison ;) ).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Might come from a particular Mini-pet.

Once happened to me...couldn't figure out where a particular sound came from; turned out to be my own Mini-pet (on a character I rarely used, and used only in the Terrace). Lol.

Edit: Okay, I have to correct myself. Right now, for instance, the sound is not playing at said location. So it's not there all the time, but almost always. But it really has been there most of the time, regardless of the character or which hour I would log in, for the past 1-2 months.

So, does anyone have any idea what is causing it?.

Edit #2: There is it again! Argh!! It's really driving me nuts.

@Kururu.8140 said:I believe that's the sound of the Jacaranda ranger pet.

I was standing next to a Jacaranda pet just now, elsewhere, and it did not make those strange, mechanical buzzing sounds. Perhaps I need to wait longer...

@Ashantara.8731 said:Can no one help me by answering whether they have that weird sound playing, too?

Can you please, PLEASE answer this? Just go to the Royal Terrace's upper platform, stand close to the bank NPC and tell me whether you're hearing those sounds, too, or not?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Kururu.8140 said:I believe that's the sound of the Jacaranda ranger pet.

I thought so, too, but checked this out weeks ago, and believe it's not. The sound also occurs when there is no (visible) Jacaranda pet around.

Edit: I was standing next to a Jacaranda pet just now, elsewhere, and it did not make those strange, mechanical buzzing sounds.

Alright, I'm a ranger and I run Jacaranda a lot. Believe me when I say it definitely is responsible for those annoying buzzing sounds. I went to a completely secluded, quiet place and brought out my Jacaranda to verify it. It isn't a consistent sound because it makes other sounds too and you really need to be patient to hear it.

Omg! that almost scared me to death! :scream: O.oTo me it sounds like "my longest yeah boi ever". HahaBut it could be some issue related to some weapon skins like the SAB ones or maybe some asuran tech related stuff.Never heard this before but I hope there's a fix.

@Kururu.8140 said:Alright, I'm a ranger and I run Jacaranda a lot. Believe me when I say it definitely is responsible for those annoying buzzing sounds. I went to a completely secluded, quiet place and brought out my Jacaranda to verify it. It isn't a consistent sound because it makes other sounds too and you really need to be patient to hear it.

Alright, I will have to try this on my ranger now! (That would be a scary thing, in which case they NEED to fix that noise!)

Edit: Okay, I had my Jacaranda out for a minute, and it IS already doing that awful noise. AHHHHHH!!! ArenaNet, what were you thinking?!?

• 2 weeks later...

That broken sounding buzzing just ruined the first couple of minutes of "The Departed" story mission for me, since you cannot stow your pet in it. Hearing that sound while attempting to listen to the dialogue with Palawa Joko.

Seriously, who ever came up with that awful sound design? It makes me cringe every single time. It's as cringeworthy as the sound of someone scratching their nails or a piece of chalk across the blackboard.

• 2 months later...

Archived