Sugg: Make Old Lions Arch Pass

@"Tiviana.2650" said:I cant believe people want this behind a paywall. I want old LA too as i never seen it, but to make people pay for it? This is getting ridiculous something that was huge part of the story should not be behind a paywall. Is that what this game has become, nothing but shop buy gamble? It should be put in the game for everyone, because its a major part of the lore.

I'm sure everyone who wants to access Old LA (I'm also a post HoT player, so have only seen it in story instances) would prefer to get it available for free, but since it would take work recreating it (no, they don't "have it in their files" - according to devs the full old LA simply doesn't exist anywhere anymore) it seems much more likely to happen at all if they can get sales from it.

I would love to see Old LA too. One of the ways that they COULD do this would be to have it as a "Current Event"Set up-- Let's say that in LS4 there were "time portals" that took us to "Old Orr" that was before the searing and to Maguuma and to the mushroom area.Lets say one OTHER portal opened "somewhere" and it didn't close. It leads us to a quest. The "Basic" quest is to experience the "old game" LS1 --introduced new players to Tiami, Rox, Braham, Marjory and Kasmeer . Incorporate events that were in LS1. As it stands now, When a new player gets done with the base story they get a letter to visit Magister Makkay. A simple typed out statement is given to who these new people are that will be with you in the future episodes to come will be without experiencing LS1--it would be better if there was incorporation of a "quest" that took a new players or a older player through the events of LS1. The portal could be located at "New Lions Arch" next to where Magister Makkay is right now because the Durmand Priory are "sitting there" they could be investigating this portal and the player goes though. This could send the player on a "quest" to see parts of the LS1 events in better detail, give the new player base a better understanding of what happened and for older player base a way to see the old parts of LS1. The Portal takes the player to "Old Lions Arch"At certain times, a story advance could happen and the "Battle for Lions Arch" could happen or other parts of the LS1 would happen. Portals would open up then take the player to a new instance and people could do that event or advance to a different part of LS1 in a different area in a closed instance.So basically, Make a portal to "Old Lions Arch" then have it to "branch out" to other areas of LS1. Yes, it is a little Sci-Fi but it could help new players catch up with where we went on in LS1 and give old players something to experience the "old" parts of the game. This also could tie in the story elements for the introduction of Rox, Tiami, Braham, Marjory and Kasmeer together better. Basically for a new player to understand the replacement of heros that were used in the older game and introduction of new heroes.

@"Traced.3495" said:I'd love to go to a completely functional launch day LA. I miss it so much. But I don't want to pay for that.That is why I love to see it as a "current event" --something that could tie new player base and old player base together. As a new player that defeated Zhaitan could get a mail to go to this "current event" and replace the typed out script that is given out now by Magister Makkay. Older players could just receive the mail to locate Magister Makkay and start the event.Making this a "instance event" The Devs could work on it bit by bit and have it be like a LS release.

This is a great idea!

Lorewise, we can make it a VR recreation courtesy of Moto, self contained and does not contain any physical direct exits into Tyria like Mistlock Sanctuary.

Another option would be to make Old Lion's Arch a subregion in the Mists, and have the map sitting on an island surrounded by clouds (day and night cycle please). If you really want to make it impressive, make the clouds move at a fast rate, it will make for an interesting aesthetic.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:"shut up and take my money"

Yeah . . .

I've never really seen the point of the pass zone thingies and I only see the gem store as a place to burn unneeded gold but this idea would definitely be an exception. It's such a great idea I have to believe there is some technical limitation that has prevented it from being implemented already . . .

I suggested this on the old forums. They don't even need to build a new map. Just rework the vendors that's there. Although I've also suggested that the Mad King revert LA back to old LA for Halloween because in potential words "It has more character". It would also give people more to look forward to for Halloween.