PVP hackers growing and growing...

RobMonty.3719

@Namless.4028 said:

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:

The engi I remember distinctly - I thought it might have been AED, but that doesn't allow you to drop into the downed state at all, if I read it correctly. It would be like the trait warriors have in the Berserker line, or the one that rangers get in Soulbeast (lethal damage is negated, basically). I'd downed the engi in question quite easily, and was mid-stomp when she just got up from about 10% hp remaining in downstate. I had been keeping track (as I always do) of who was alive or dead on my team, and other than someone who had been stomped before I even downed the engi, everyone was alive.

could it be rez with signet of mercy or signet of the undead?Its always fun to use rez skills above the free for all, as when you are above they count as allies, and watch as everyone below starts getting confused. Ever get bored equip illusion of life and mimic and go chrono and stand above the free for all and just rez people to watch them die...

More on topic, I think part of the problem with cheating in any game is smurf/f2p accounts, not that nothing can be done but it in my opinion does make it harder. I remember way way back during the core game when it was buy to play, a guild-y kept talking in teamspeak about where the enemy was rotating too, very quickly we got suspicious that he may not be on the up and up, then when he bragged about how he was using a map chat.. me, my friends, and the guild quickly shunned him. We told him if he did not immediately uninstall the hack we would not hesitate to report him, we were genuinely furious as we could not account our wins when playing with him to be at all skill based. Needless to say this took him off guard, I genuinely think he thought it made him somehow "cool" and he to my knowledge never used it since.

The point here is two fold, with the f2p model it is near impossible for anet to manage every workaround/exploit/hack, and the penalty for using a hack is lesser if you put no real money investment into the game, that said it falls not only on the game devs to limit the use of said hacks, but also on the community to not support said hacks, by either developing/ encouraging/ or using said hacks.

Even if your motives are good, just making a video using a hack to "bring awareness to the issue" is no good as you have just set a standard that it is OK to use hacks as long as you "mean well"

So I will say this if you think that it is OK to use a hack or exploit to get an edge either because your class is nerfed, or you want to be on the same playing field as other hackers, or you believe anet cannot balance the game so it doesn't matter.. Let me be dead clear your making excuses, you are part of the problem, you are destroying the game, and please pick another game to play or stop using hacks. There is no excuse for you to need to hack.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Sampson.2403" said:I hate when people cry wolf about cheaters but yesterday i was in a game and witnessed something odd. I was cleaving a thief down to 20ish % and i left him to bleed out. As i walked away i still had him targeted to keep an eye on his HP to see if he'd try to self rez n he just instantly rezzed in a blink of an eye, no team mate.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? For now im just wriitng it off as my eyes deceiving me as i was pretty stoned.

Was It eternal coliseum? Cause the "shield buff" there insta-resses you once.

Could be that someone died too....

I helped spike some people on mid and teleported back to far only to meet a Warrior on point, he downed me and started toying with me in downstate, trying to make me bleed out but someone died on mid and I got my rez... War was angry about it because I got up and killed him... As you say you were stoned, maybe you didn't realize you had a downed ally?

As for thread: I haven't seen a hacker since the last purge.

It was sky hammer. We were alone on a side node, he definitely self rezzed. Coulda been lag or mary jane the mes casting confusion on my eyeballs.

People do not hack in this game. They simply bring their gliders into pvp and drop updrafts where they need them.

If you go to the wiki you can see that the way to this is through this key combo (must be completed in 5 seconds or less):

up, up, a+b, down, y, x, down, down, down+right

Working as intended.

Nuff said.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:People do not hack in this game. They simply bring their gliders into pvp and drop updrafts where they need them.

If you go to the wiki you can see that the way to this is through this key combo (must be completed in 5 seconds or less):

up, up, a+b, down, y, x, down, down, down+right

Working as intended.

Nuff said.

Dude that's just a skill combo like this one:Triangle, Square, Circle, Circle, Square, Circle, Circle, L2, L1, L1, R2, R1

For the instant res could be number of things, shield buff, kill (if the player tagged someone who ran away into other players), res by player in stealth etc.

People do need to learn each class and their skills.

Only hacking I've seen is people flying which you could tell as they usually look like they are lagging.

I see many people wrongly get accused (Been accused myself with using core guard teleportation, guard do have access to teleport to enemy skills example).

When people accuse you and you tried to explain or too busy in match it is just easier just to "lol" and move on otherwise it usually becomes a pointless internet fight.

You cant really hack for extra damage, instant res or skills unless you hack the server.

Client only deals with the player's movement so any hacks would be related to movement only.

Archived