Guild Wars 2 Support Staff Outcomes?

TL;DR, I was quite dumb with the sell button and accidentally sold a prized possession which was my Mistward Legguards as I've been working on that armor set for more than a couple weeks since I spaced it out. I had sent a ticket to support and my guess (at best) is maybe a couple days to a week or even a month, for a response back. I just wanted to know other people's outcomes with similar situations the GW2 support team as I've heard good things about them and I was wondering if they're able to understand that players do make rather extremely stupid and hasty decisions when it comes to selling stuff on accident in a blind manner.

You can always buy back the items that you sold at vendor, it's the tab right below selling one. You just have to notice that immediately of course.

Support is usually able to retrieve such items, but responses take a lot of time lately. Up to 15 days even.

I know, I just missed it and I was quite tired when I did my selling streak which in all honesty was my fault. I don't mind how long it takes for the said item to be retrieved, just that I hope I didn't waste my time completely and then screw myself over by doing this extremely ignorant action. I'm just hoping they'll be able to forgive this and have it sent back to me which is all that I ask for, and I can somewhat understand with the support staff taking a long time due to other problems that occur that are more important than mines. I did get the message has been received so at least they've gotten it and I did provide as much information as possible based on recollection of my memory.

I see, I mean people have been saying to use transmutation charges but I am wanting to save them for something else and I've heard that even though they do accommodate for those mistakes, it's the very first time I've ever messaged any support and knowing how backed up they might be with other support messages, I figured I could just kickstart a new character whilst awaiting a response from them for my item.

@steki.1478 said:You can always buy back the items that you sold at vendor, it's the tab right below selling one. You just have to notice that immediately of course.

Support is usually able to retrieve such items, but responses take a lot of time lately. Up to 15 days even.

Only until you leave the map instance. If you go to the character select screen, log out of the game, change maps, or change map instances, any items sold to a vendor are gone for good and can't be bought back.

As far as the Mistward Legguards go, it is exotic armor, but it only has 3 options for stat selection. The skin is unlocked in your wardrobe when you get it so you can transmute something else to use the skin. Personally I don't think it's a big deal to lose it. Heck, I salvaged all of my Mistward armor pieces when I got them from various collection achievements. With such a small selection of stats to choose from, chances are it doesn't have something you want anyway. If you want berserker, knight's, or rabid's stats you can get exotic gear with those stats from the trading post for super cheap. And the Mistward armor pieces aren't required for any other collections.

However, considering there is only 1 way to get the Mistward armor pieces, and they're account bound when you get them, it's probably something customer support can mail a replacement item for.

Just keep in mind, customer support has been swamped ever since the banwave.

Heck, I filed a support ticket for GW1 on May 13 and didn't get a response until May 25th. The response I got looks to have come from a senior GM. They said:

We apologize for the wait. We've had an abnormally high amount of tickets recently and haven't been able to help everyone as quickly as we'd like. We appreciate your patience.

All you can do is be patient. If you feel the need for a response to a ticket, update your existing ticket. Whatever you do, don't make multiple support tickets for the same issue. It will end up making it take even longer to get help.

I bought four grandmaster mark recipes off the vendor using pvp tickets thinking they were the grandmaster marks themselves. They are account bound and I could only learn one of them leaving me with three useless recipes.

Support took awhile to get back to me and said I could pick something of equal value off the vendor but that they could not replace the actual pvp tickets. They also insisted that I delete the three extra recipes first even though they were account bound and worthless.

In the end they made it right even though it was my mistake and they didn’t have to. That’s my third ticket for three separate item issues and they were all positive outcomes.

Archived