It's time to give DH small buffs

mrauls.6519

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:F3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two chargesHmmmmm@"mrauls.6519" also sed:All I want are DH buffs. Not crazy OP changes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DH's would probably choose it over the passive stunbreak. This would encourage active gameplay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:F3 - make it 5 seconds againBulkwark - make it so that the guardian is covered with a shield that blocks attacks from all directions + makes F3 have two chargesHmmmmm@"mrauls.6519" also sed:All I want are DH buffs. Not crazy OP changes.

DH's would probably choose it over the passive stunbreak. This would encourage active gameplay

Passively blocking everything for 5 seconds is active gameplay?

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

...It's an active skill, not passive. If they give it 2 charges it can remain at 3 seconds

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

...It's an active skill, not passive. If they give it 2 charges it can remain at 3 seconds

Mate you have a messed-up idea of what "active" means. Shield 5 for guardian is an active skill in that you have to keep channeling it in order to continue receiving its effect. That is not the case for F3.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Mate you have a messed-up idea of what "active" means. Shield 5 for guardian is an active skill in that you have to keep channeling it in order to continue receiving its effect. That is not the case for F3.

Bro, you literally have to activate the skill. In this game, passive means it triggers based on certain criteria. Active means it triggers on your demand. You're talking about CHANNELED skills..

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Bro, you literally have to activate the skill. In this game, passive means it triggers based on certain criteria. Active means it triggers on your demand. You're talking about CHANNELED skills..

Technically you are right, I'm referring to a channeled skill, which is what F3 should be if it's buffed the way you want. Point being that you're arguing for now 6 seconds of passive blocks from all directions, as opposed to 3 seconds of passive blocks from attacks in front of you. Yes you have to press a button to activate it, but you experience the effects passively throughout the duration of the skill, unlike many Guardian skills such as Empower or Shield of Absorption.

Just listen to everyone in this thread, we don't want buffs to anything really, we want a return to when GW2 was more about timing and skill as opposed to having overwhelmingly strong skills. 6 seconds of blocking everything while still being able to burst people is pretty bad, there should be limitations and drawbacks for all skills. Builds that can be described by this meme are bad design.

I guarantee that you would be doing better in teamfights if, for example, Scourge's shroud skills weren't instacast and didn't occur at the Scourge's location by default. You'd enjoy fights against Mirages more if Elusive Mind didn't stunbreak. We need less cancer like that, not more.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Technically you are right, I'm referring to a channeled skill, which is what F3 should be if it's buffed the way you want. Point being that you're arguing for now 6 seconds of passive blocks from all directions, as opposed to 3 seconds of passive blocks from attacks in front of you. Yes you have to press a button to activate it, but you experience the effects passively throughout the duration of the skill, unlike many Guardian skills such as
or

Just listen to everyone in this thread, we don't want buffs to anything really, we want a return to when GW2 was more about timing and skill as opposed to having overwhelmingly strong skills. 6 seconds of blocking everything while still being able to burst people is pretty bad, there should be limitations and drawbacks for all skills. Builds that can be described

I guarantee that you would be doing better in teamfights if, for example, Scourge's shroud skills weren't instacast and didn't occur at the Scourge's location by default. You'd enjoy fights against Mirages more if
didn't stunbreak. We need less cancer like that, not more.

Honestly, when you mentioned 6 seconds of blocking and still being able to burst... I thought about Mirage LoL. I hope they change their dodge, because based on what you said, it's also a bad design.

I'd be happy with DH getting a 25% movement minor trait like Chronomancer

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Technically you are right, I'm referring to a channeled skill, which is what F3 should be if it's buffed the way you want. Point being that you're arguing for now 6 seconds of passive blocks from all directions, as opposed to 3 seconds of passive blocks from attacks in front of you. Yes you have to press a button to activate it, but you experience the effects passively throughout the duration of the skill, unlike many Guardian skills such as
or

Just listen to everyone in this thread, we don't want buffs to anything really, we want a return to when GW2 was more about timing and skill as opposed to having overwhelmingly strong skills. 6 seconds of blocking everything while still being able to burst people is pretty bad, there should be limitations and drawbacks for all skills. Builds that can be described

I guarantee that you would be doing better in teamfights if, for example, Scourge's shroud skills weren't instacast and didn't occur at the Scourge's location by default. You'd enjoy fights against Mirages more if
didn't stunbreak. We need less cancer like that, not more.

Honestly, when you mentioned 6 seconds of blocking and still being able to burst... I thought about Mirage LoL. I hope they change their dodge, because based on what you said, it's also a bad design.

I'd be happy with DH getting a 25% movement minor trait like Chronomancer

Mirage is horrifying

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

^, :+1:

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:DH can already build for large amounts of in-combat mobility, survivability and damage, and you want more, why?

For DH to be able to compete in solo q, they have to take lynx rune. Any other rune will severely limit their potential to "control a match". Having innate 25% movement speed would allow DH to take any other rune of their choosing... All I want is at minimum 1 buff. It could literally be giving F2 evade. DH needs something. It's not "bottom of the barrel bad", but DH isn't a top competitor. Not by a long shot.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"Vague Memory.2817" said:DH can already build for large amounts of in-combat mobility, survivability and damage, and you want more, why?

For DH to be able to compete in solo q, they have to take lynx rune. Any other rune will severely limit their potential to "control a match". Having innate 25% movement speed would allow DH to take any other rune of their choosing... All I want is at minimum 1 buff. It could literally be giving F2 evade. DH needs something. It's not "bottom of the barrel bad", but DH isn't a top competitor. Not by a long shot.

Would you be okay with putting +25% movement speed on a core spec instead of DH? I don't really like powercreep on elite specs. Valorous Defense is a pretty weak trait, I wouldn't be sad to see it go.

I'm not really sure why you think DH has to take Lynx though, I've always played DH with either Pack or Scholar, works well either way (Scholar if I'm playing Demolisher). Two teleports plus F2 is plenty of movement speed to start.

NoFor its relatively low skill requirement it deserves nothing more. That's kind of the same reason warrior is so unbalanced so often (seems fine in sPvP atm but not in WvW where it still has really long immunity times). Being strong while still being too easy to play.

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Would you be okay with putting +25% movement speed on a core spec instead of DH? I don't really like powercreep on elite specs.
is a pretty weak trait, I wouldn't be sad to see it go.

I'm not really sure why you think DH has to take Lynx though, I've always played DH with either Pack or Scholar, works well either way (Scholar if I'm playing Demolisher). Two teleports plus F2 is plenty of movement speed to start.

100%. They can add it to core. It just needs to be in either valor or virtues. Maybe 7% movement speed for each virtue off CD. OR, make it so that meditations give swiftness too when traited for healing

DH has to take lynx to be "as competitive as possible". I am on NA for context. I ended up in the top 10 for season 11 (the most recent pvp season). I played DH for every game. DH NEEDS the 25% movement speed from lynx. If lynx didn't exist, I would use traveler or speed. If DH/core got a movement speed buff, they could run any other rune 100%.

@"XxsdgxX.8109" said:NoFor its relatively low skill requirement it deserves nothing more. That's kind of the same reason warrior is so unbalanced so often (seems fine in sPvP atm but not in WvW where it still has really long immunity times). Being strong while still being too easy to play.

Why make a class "hard to play"? I do think it's easy to play DH or war, but to be "really good" requires a lot of effort

I think in order from most to least important for pvp/wvw balance, DH needs the following buffs:

1. Remove and rework Defender's Dogma. This is a really REALLY bad trait unrivaled in uselessness by any other elite specialization trait out there. @Yannir.4132 's suggested change is an amazing one which I approve of fully - activating virtues grants swiftness and health.
  2. Buff trueshot: Either +10% damage, OR remove the self-root
  3. Buff Hunter's Ward: Keep total damage the same, decrease # of impacts from 4 to 3 (increases the dps of the skill).
  4. Buff Soaring Devastation: This trait just doesn't compete with Piercing Light unfortunately. It should do something more.
  5. Rework Heavy Light: Gaining Stability on a CC is counterintuitive and extremely niche. I think it was @"mrauls.6519" who made a good suggestion previously - gain quickness on interrupting a foe with a knockback.
  6. Buff underused traps: Some need minor buffs, others may need reworks. I won't go into too much detail here though but Light's Judgement needs the most love.

There are other minor changes but above are the most pressing at the moment.

True Shot +20% damage returned now that it's on a 6s cooldown.

Or, True Shot castable while moving, damage stays the same.

Puncture Shot velocity increase or cast time reduced to 1/2s.

Symbol of Energy Remove the burning, it makes no sense. Change it to inflict Vulnerability x10

Defender's Dogma - change to something power based, this trait was designed when bleed on traps was a thing, back before the beta.

Gain Might x2 for 8s when inflicting Cripple. No ICD.This allows big AoE skills like Hunter's Ward to generate a lot of Might for a short duration while requiring immobile channeling vs a group of enemies, risk vs reward.

Or, gain Fury 10s when activating a Virtue.

Archived