Deadeye 2.5 Builds Discussion (Updated)

saerni.2584

Seeing as we've had one Might share build, let's go for another!

Raid / T4+CM viable Dagger/Dagger Might share Deadeye

This one hits about 30.5k DPS on a golem when providing 20 stacks of Might and 33k DPS when providing 16 to 10 allies. In PvE, the additional Might can come from an extra healer (if going for 20) or a Chaos Chrono (if going for 16). This Might share build therefore works, and provides respectable low-burst, low-cleave single target damage, in higher end Fractals and in Raids.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJA4YnkFDNOh9FDOGD8PhlWCb7QFdSUaBgQ0HgPamN/mA-jBSBQBA4BFQJ1QwjOnJeQAMjSQRp6xV2fU+9gDoApAiYyG-e

Use:Open with Deadeye's Mark.Weapon swap to proc Sigil of Concentration.Use Stolen Skill.Mercy.Use Stolen Skill.Deadeye's Mark (hold the Stolen Skill from this Mark).Assassin's Signet.Malicious Backstab.Auto-attack chains until Revealed removed.Malicious Backstab.Auto-attack and Malicious Backstab with Assassin's Signet as available until approximately 2 seconds after Weapon Swap available (this part of the rotation will change depending on flow of the fight and how much Might you want to bring).Weapon Swap.Stolen Skill (held from Deadeye's Mark).Shadow Flare.Stolen Skill.Assassin's Signet Malicious Backstab rotation if available. If not, standard autoattack and Malicious Backstab rotation until 2 seconds after Weapon Swap available (again vary as needed).Repeat.

This rotation is not something which loops nicely and you'll need to adapt. Use Malicious Restoration as required for healing and immediately apply the additional Might unless you can activate Sigil of Concentration soon with a weapon swap. Try not to use Malicious Restoration if it would overwrite a held Stolen Skill. Use the held Stolen Skill first, then Malicious Restoration and hold the Stolen Skill if appropriate, if not use. Incorporating Malicious

@babazhook.6805 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Agreed, I’ll have to do more testing but seems like a solid decision.

Sadly until my computer parts arrive I won’t be able to play at all (my power supply is failing apparently). Theorycrafting will have to do for now.

Thoughts on using OitC and Improv? Or would you always take improv and the stealth attack bonus malice trait? I’m leaning towards both just to add more options for might and condi application at 1200 range.

Also, I’m running out of flexible slots on my utilities bar. I have Shadowstep and Binding Shadow, with SM because revealed is so deadly otherwise. That leaves me with one spot, which I use Mercy for because it is a stunbreak/extra stealth/extra stolen skill/extra initiative. I wouldn’t mind using Spider Venom but I can’t imagine dropping the mobility, CC and flexibility offered by my current selection.

OTIC and Improc togther, I think depends on the elite chosen. If you have smeld you do not need the two of these and I would take Improv with Malicious intent.

Here is the thing as it pertains to WvW and I thinkj it morseo there then any other mode simply because there more variables. When I am posting a build it with the understanding that the Utilities and sometimes even a handful of traits are mutable, that being I will often change them a few times on a given night dependent on the types of encounters I am having.

The clearest example of this is the Elite spot and the transition from last week to this week. I tend to favor Home BL and generally roam alone or with small groups. I will on occassion join up with a zerg. In any case last week we were on Alpine BL as home and the other two servers had a good number of people there. As such I found I either ran into situations where I outnumbered while roaming, or would very often be with a small group of 3 or 4 that just happened to enter the same camp. I found that SMELD was more important as in those situations you rely on stealth more for defenses. Not only can this protect you in outnumbered situations , but when you are group on group and being targetted by members of the enemy , going stealth will usually result in them targetting another player which then gives you time to recover and re-engage. Added to that with a venom traited I could usually share with the team thus Thieves Guild not as useful.

This week our home BL is desert and overall there fewer people on it. There much more Solo roaming and I encounter a lot more solo enemies or groups of 2 or three flipping camps. Here I find Thieves guild much more useful. I do not need ALL that stealth because there only one or two that might focus me while at the same time using Thieves guild with venom share to kick a battle off can down an enemy quickly.

If I end up with Thieves Guild , I usually take OtIc along with the Improv. If I am running the SMELD , I usually take Malicious Intent.

As to the venoms , I always take Torment as a base over spider venom , and the slot I used for spider in my build can vary. Mercy tends to be on each iteration as the steal reset works too well . Again this personal choice as much as anything as I have decided I really want to punish people when they are moving to engage me. I can keep poison on to a decent level as well and on demand to ensure healing inhibited. Without Potent Posion traited, I think I get more bang for the buck out of Skale over Spider venom . While it two strikes less it also adds Vuln which ensures another cover condition is applied in tandem along with that harder tick.

I was able to load up ona laptop and swap some basic traits and gear.

I’m at 17k hp, 3k armor and roughly 20% crit (40% with fury uptime at 100%).

That’s about as far as I can push it before losing too much hp. The expertise gain is pretty decent as well.

That said, I’m always open to improving it. The Deadshot amulet is just a better trade off than available with current stats so it probably functions more consistently with malice in spvp.

I’m going to try to test a partial fix soon so hopefully I’ll be back in game on a more powerful computer soon. Then I’ll test gameplay.

@jenosmaverick.8694 said:Uhm any pp/rifle builds you guys can share? I just want to pew pew it all the way lol.

I ran with such a build for a while but found it duplicated too many skills across both sets offering not enough in the way of advantages. If you want to use one use a typiecal Rifle DE that others post here and swap in p/p as alternate set. There really not a lot of changes to make just because it using P/P over s/p , d/p etc.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@jenosmaverick.8694 said:Uhm any pp/rifle builds you guys can share? I just want to pew pew it all the way lol.

I ran with such a build for a while but found it duplicated too many skills across both sets offering not enough in the way of advantages. If you want to use one use a typiecal Rifle DE that others post here and swap in p/p as alternate set. There really not a lot of changes to make just because it using P/P over s/p , d/p etc.

Aye, there's too much overlap to make the setup worth while.

@babazhook.6805 said:I ran with such a build for a while but found it duplicated too many skills across both sets offering not enough in the way of advantages..@"Scud.5067" said:Aye, there's too much overlap to make the setup worth while.Which I think is a severe design flaw, new weapons should always aim to add onto the existing ones instead of "replacing" them. Luckily in this case the problem is quite easy to fix by stuff which has been asked for by the community countless times. If they would reintroduce the ricochet trait (or make it an inherent trait of the weapon) and increase the range of the rifle then there would be enough of a difference to justify running both, P/P for direct engagements vs. small groups of enemies and the rifle for sniping.

@"Miatela.5047" said:

• Open world / Dungeon / Low tier fractals PvE Boonshare
  • http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoY6an8MB1Fj9FDGOB0PhFaCbLPNcqQ8DzkZ0ULAMhmNA-jhRBAB4p/5q9HlfP8EFA4kFYmSQKV/BA-e
  • High personal and shared Might and Fury. High survivability due to Invigorating Precision and Signet of Malice. AoE damage through Deadeye's Mark -> Stolen Skill along with Shadow Flare and Dagger Storm which reset frequently due to Payback. Condi cleanse with Signet of Agility. Cleave and sustained damage with dagger/dagger. Alternatively, opening burst and self-might with pistol/pistol through Unload. General playstyle is open with Deadeye's Mark, Stolen Skill x 2, Binding Shadow if CC required and then dagger/dagger auto, Cloak and Dagger and Malicious Backstab with Shadow Flare and Dagger Storm as required. Don't deliberately stack Malice for Malicious Backstab. Pistol/pistol either for quickly taking down a mob, Headshot CC or ranged / kiting if needed. Pistol/pistol can easily be swapped to Rifle if desired for slightly more mobility due to Death's Retreat.

Using this exact build. Makes me feel sorta like my old PS Warrior in Vanilla.

Thanks!!

For those of you, who're looking for good P/D build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqYVn0MBlOhFOBOGDUGjFYCTLBEAKAephzwIi/YONrmA-jpxBQBi7IAAgHAAFLD8xTAAW2fADHCAA, condi builds without trickery are "meeeh". You can also try a wizard amulet with this build, but i think deadshot have upper-hand because of prolonged condition duration and high precision which stacks malice very fast -> a lot of M7 procs.

I find D/p deadeye quite fun with following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBlOhFOBOGDUGjFYCTLBEAyAephzQbg/YGNvmA-jpxHQBv7EAQwHAQP2fAAHCAldEAuWZAA - the trick is easy, cast mark, push in with shadowshots and rupts under quickness buff, if you build 4-5 malice, use elite skill to insta pop backstab. I had lots of 15k backstabs with this build, which basically shutters any class in game. Add here payback off mesmer clones and ranger pets, and you're dangerous. Mercy gives you "second breath" option and also a nice stunbreak.

@Tails.9372 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:I ran with such a build for a while but found it duplicated too many skills across both sets offering not enough in the way of advantages..@"Scud.5067" said:Aye, there's too much overlap to make the setup worth while.Which I think is a severe design flaw, new weapons should always aim to add onto the existing ones instead of "replacing" them. Luckily in this case the problem is quite easy to fix by stuff which has been asked for by the community countless times. If they would reintroduce the ricochet trait (or make it an inherent trait of the weapon) and increase the range of the rifle then there would be enough of a difference to justify running both, P/P for direct engagements vs. small groups of enemies and the rifle for sniping.

Yeah it's kinda like making pp ala desperado aoe gunslinger while rifle stays as that one shot one kill sniper.

@"saerni.2584"playing my above build on valkyre now for quite a while i no longer see a reason to play it on berserk, that little extra damage is simply not worth giving up 10k hp. and with hidden kller the malice build up is more consitent.so just replace the build in the description with this valkyre version. altho i had started with it, i wont make another public video for valkyre version as there is already too much deadeye/oneshot hate going on in the forums and i dont want people to use it against me in a dicusssion while they dont understand half of what is going on in the video. i mean i have caused atleast 4 'deadeye OP' threads since rework already with just what i did ingame, i dont want to cause 10 more with a video. i also have edited the description above about how to play it.

@MUDse.7623 said:@"saerni.2584"playing my above build on valkyre now for quite a while i no longer see a reason to play it on berserk, that little extra damage is simply not worth giving up 10k hp. and with hidden kller the malice build up is more consitent.so just replace the build in the description with this valkyre version. altho i had started with it, i wont make another public video for valkyre version as there is already too much deadeye/oneshot hate going on in the forums and i dont want people to use it against me in a dicusssion while they dont understand half of what is going on in the video. i mean i have caused atleast 4 'deadeye OP' threads since rework already with just what i did ingame, i dont want to cause 10 more with a video. i also have edited the description above about how to play it.

I've always swapped to Valk for the Shadow Arts/Crit Strikes d/p Rifle build. Most people were using zerk and No Quarter - but I found the inconsistent crit's for backstab to be super frustrating, especially after the rework. So I swapped to Hidden Killer and from there, decided Valk was a WAAAAY better option. Unfortunately getting Valk trinkets was a big pain in the butt, since you can't get them with Laurels or Guild Commendations. So I had to go back to PvE and farm unbound magic ;_;

@Turk.5460 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:@"saerni.2584"playing my above build on valkyre now for quite a while i no longer see a reason to play it on berserk, that little extra damage is simply not worth giving up 10k hp. and with hidden kller the malice build up is more consitent.so just replace the build in the description with this
. altho i had started with it, i wont make another public video for valkyre version as there is already too much deadeye/oneshot hate going on in the forums and i dont want people to use it against me in a dicusssion while they dont understand half of what is going on in the video. i mean i have caused atleast 4 'deadeye OP' threads since rework already with just what i did ingame, i dont want to cause 10 more with a video. i also have edited the description above about how to play it.

I've always swapped to Valk for the Shadow Arts/Crit Strikes d/p Rifle build. Most people were using zerk and No Quarter - but I found the inconsistent crit's for backstab to be super frustrating, especially after the rework. So I swapped to Hidden Killer and from there, decided Valk was a WAAAAY better option. Unfortunately getting Valk trinkets was a big pain in the butt, since you can't get them with Laurels or Guild Commendations. So I had to go back to PvE and farm unbound magic ;_;

the reason i was playing with zerker is because going into stealth costs time and with valk+ hidden hiller you need to weave stealth. so if i am not pressured i still had to waste precious time for that. that was mainly before the rework. now weaving stealth altho going into it costs time lets me spamm more skills due to m7 ini reg and the stealth skill is well worth the time to enter stealth if it hits.another thing is before the rework there was no malicious backstab and silent scope already had +20% crit chance just like now so i already was on ~100% crit for rifle and dagger wasnt so important. but if it is just for the backstab you could run intelligence sigil for 100% crit.overall tho the benefits of valk outweight by far the ones of berserk gear since the rework.for the trinkets i used skirmish tickets and blood ruby backpiece , just let the reward track do its magic..you can consume the rubies if you need more magic once you have enough rubies. i run with at least 4 sets and changing stats on legendary would take alot longer swapping between them. the arcdps template service only works in territory owned by your server so thats also not an option. so i dont intent to make a legendary armor for my thief for being legendary and can use the tickets on trinket sets, you can change the stats of a full set of WvW trinkes any time for 500 memories of battle and it will have allways all combinations. buying at least 1 set is therefor a good investment.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:@"saerni.2584"playing my above build on valkyre now for quite a while i no longer see a reason to play it on berserk, that little extra damage is simply not worth giving up 10k hp. and with hidden kller the malice build up is more consitent.so just replace the build in the description with this
. altho i had started with it, i wont make another public video for valkyre version as there is already too much deadeye/oneshot hate going on in the forums and i dont want people to use it against me in a dicusssion while they dont understand half of what is going on in the video. i mean i have caused atleast 4 'deadeye OP' threads since rework already with just what i did ingame, i dont want to cause 10 more with a video. i also have edited the description above about how to play it.

the reason i was playing with zerker is because going into stealth costs time and with valk+ hidden hiller you need to weave stealth. so if i am not pressured i still had to waste precious time for that. that was mainly before the rework. now weaving stealth altho going into it costs time lets me spamm more skills due to m7 ini reg and the stealth skill is well worth the time to enter stealth if it hits.another thing is before the rework there was no malicious backstab and silent scope already had +20% crit chance just like now so i already was on ~100% crit for rifle and dagger wasnt so important. but if it is just for the backstab you could run intelligence sigil for 100% crit.overall tho the benefits of valk outweight by far the ones of berserk gear since the rework.for the trinkets i used skirmish tickets and blood ruby backpiece , just let the reward track do its magic..you can consume the rubies if you need more magic once you have enough rubies. i run with at least 4 sets and changing stats on legendary would take alot longer swapping between them. the arcdps template service only works in territory owned by your server so thats also not an option. so i dont intent to make a legendary armor for my thief for being legendary and can use the tickets on trinket sets, you can change the stats of a full set of WvW trinkes any time for 500 memories of battle and it will have allways all combinations. buying at least 1 set is therefor a good investment.

Unfortunately I already used up all of my skirmish tickets gearing out different characters at that time.

@Turk.5460 said:Been using BqoBK in my CS/SA/DE Valk build. Seems to fit much better for two reasons:

• Increased damage on a 1-Malice backstab
  • Increased potency of followups under the effects of Hidden Killer

BQoBK is better if you start the majority of your fights with a low malice BS during quickness.it will get you many kills faster. yet m7 is safer and stronger against more defensive opponts.with m7 you usually open with rifle, you can spamm more shots with m7 ini wich nets to more damage till out of ini compared to BQoBK, but slower.

7 insted of 5 malice increases backstab total damage by 13,333% and DJ by17,14%, during quickness 200 power increase my power by ~ 5,4% assuming around 3,7k power during the hit with active assassins signet. those 5,4% are allways there during quickness for 1 malice or 5 malice hits. what i left out here is that m7 also grants 10 might. my buildup shots often do not give me might that i still have on burst so i will really have those 10 might from m7 for the hit wich is 300 power ..therefor another 8,1% increase there.thats a ton of damage i would give up on max malice shots just for a little better opening backstab (5,4%) against squishies that i onehit mostly anyway.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Been using BqoBK in my CS/SA/DE Valk build. Seems to fit much better for two reasons:

BQoBK is better if you start the majority of your fights with a low malice BS during quickness.it will get you many kills faster. yet m7 is safer and stronger against more defensive opponts.with m7 you usually open with rifle, you can spamm more shots with m7 ini wich nets to more damage till out of ini compared to BQoBK, but slower.

7 insted of 5 malice increases backstab total damage by 13,333% and DJ by17,14%, during quickness 200 power increase my power by ~ 5,4% assuming around 3,7k power during the hit with active assassins signet. those 5,4% are allways there during quickness for 1 malice or 5 malice hits. what i left out here is that m7 also grants 10 might. my buildup shots often do not give me might that i still have on burst so i will really have those 10 might from m7 for the hit wich is 300 power ..therefor another 8,1% increase there.thats a ton of damage i would give up on max malice shots just for a little better opening backstab (5,4%) against squishies that i onehit mostly anyway.

If I see condi food/wrench on my enemy I'll swap to M7 as I know a 1-Malice backstab + AA followups are most likely not going to cut it due to toughness gear.But for enemies you see that you can confidently identify as glassier - I don't see why you wouldn't swap to BQoBK for a stronger opener, especially when it's only 2 buttons to swap between the two traits.

Even on targets that may be a little heavier I'll sometimes keep BQoBK on and instead open with Mark+Skirmisher's Shot spam from stealth. That's a lot of 4k rifle hits in a very short amount of time for the enemy to react, and often a dodge + DJ after they do react is enough to finish them off even with just 5 Malice. Either way, it's personal preference at that time and though I use both M7 and BQoBK, I find that BQoBK has been yielding better results on unsuspecting targets. If I were to /bow and start a duel where the target knows that they are in a 1v1 and are alert, then I will 100% have M7 equipped.

@Turk.5460 said:

If I see condi food/wrench on my enemy I'll swap to M7 as I know a 1-Malice backstab + AA followups are most likely not going to cut it due to toughness gear.But for enemies you see that you can confidently identify as glassier - I don't see why you
wouldn't
swap to BQoBK for a stronger opener, especially when it's only 2 buttons to swap between the two traits.

Even on targets that may be a little heavier I'll sometimes keep BQoBK on and instead open with Mark+Skirmisher's Shot spam from stealth. That's a lot of 4k rifle hits in a very short amount of time for the enemy to react, and often a dodge + DJ after they
do
react is enough to finish them off even with just 5 Malice. Either way, it's personal preference at that time and though I use both M7 and BQoBK, I find that BQoBK has been yielding better results on unsuspecting targets. If I were to /bow and start a duel where the target
knows
that they are in a 1v1 and are alert, then I will 100% have M7 equipped.

You can launch Binding Shadow to land a beat or two after Mark if you're trying to pull down a heavy who's giving too much support to their squad. Chose your range to decide which boon rips you want to land first like how Cursed Bullet used to work. I know it's smart to pocket BS for later but whatever, by the time I switch to sword then bounce back out with rifle it's usually back up again.

@kash.9213 said:You can launch Binding Shadow to land a beat or two after Mark if you're trying to pull down a heavy who's giving too much support to their squad. Chose your range to decide which boon rips you want to land first like how Cursed Bullet used to work. I know it's smart to pocket BS for later but whatever, by the time I switch to sword then bounce back out with rifle it's usually back up again.

Aye, the slight delay of the projectile travel (or at least, an animation of one if not technically a projectile) on BS through me off a little at first but now I consider it an asset. As you say, it can be time to hit with whatever else you fancy hitting - a DJ, for example.

The cast time is still fiddly but it is what it is and only dodging seems to cancel it, on the thief end at any rate.

• 2 months later...

Die Hard DeadeyePvE/WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAUVnkFDtFjFOBOGDUGjFaCTLAMhmN8/yiZ00LM8FKDA-jFCFQBE4SAAgHAgAOCAHS9H1pLoE7PoQlfXUJIA-wWeapon Sets: Rifle/SBRoles: Might Bot, Turret, Fire SupportThis is my old might and DJ spam build updated with the new changes. And thanks to those updates, the build is easier to use. The rotation is simple: mark > spam stolen skills for might > build malice > dodge for stealth > DJ. This build is balanced between potent offense and defense capabilities and offers the Deadeye many chances to gain stealth, use DJ, regain health, gain initiative and replenish stamina. The massive amounts of might it generates will ensure that you and your team are dealing as much damage as possible.*I haven't retested this in WvW yet, but it should still perform as well as the old version.

Archived