Will it ever be time to make Hellfire/Radiant Armor fully Dye-able?

It's been a long time since these were added, and many people by now probably obtained most/all of the pieces. The armor and dye system has evolved since then with some of the newer stuff. Any chance we'd get the ability to dye the glow effect on Radiant and Hellfire, as well as the Hellfire Armor itself?

@"Doggie.3184" said:It's been a long time since these were added, and many people by now probably obtained most/all of the pieces. The armor and dye system has evolved since then with some of the newer stuff. Any chance we'd get the ability to dye the glow effect on Radiant and Hellfire, as well as the Hellfire Armor itself?

That would be amazing!!The main reason i don't use Radiant and Hellfire parts is that they don't play well with others! HAving a way to dye them and their glow would certainly make them a more appealing reward than the "meh" they currently are.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I don't think this is a priority for most people. It takes too long to acquire enough of a suit to make a dye-slot in those specific armors.Don't see many suits out there, only partials, but maybe more people would wear them if allowed to customize.

The fact that it takes a long time to get the whole set is actually a good reason to make it dye-able...The only time it's actually worth using these items is when you can conjugate enough of them to make a decent look, allowing them to be dyed would allow people to conjugate them better with other items, making them more viable earlier on.

Also they can get almost the impact of releasing a full new armour set with only a fraction of the work (pretty sure programming dye channels is not as much work as sculpting the armour).

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I don't think this is a priority for most people. It takes too long to acquire enough of a suit to make a dye-slot in those specific armors.Don't see many suits out there, only partials, but maybe more people would wear them if allowed to customize.

Because it is the hardest skin to get in the game, they should have full fledged visuals comparable to legendary armor and gemstore items. At the moment they look like garbage and I only use some of the pieces because they took a lot of time to get.

Maybe they will do a quick rebalance of the ap gained/ how much is needed along with addressing armor repeats to allow a person to acquire one set and then the next in a small update or along with another major update. Though I do not know if they will also throw in something for the people that are high in ap if they decide to redo the amount ap needed and gain.

Edit: I would also like dye-able armor and glow effect

While it would certainly be amazing, I doubt very much if ANet is going to divert resources to changing AP rewards at this late date. There are very few people who would benefit from this and far more that would benefit from newer skins, or changes to other skins.

Unless they overhaul the underlying tools & design mechanics, this will always fall into the "great idea, never going to be a priority" category of suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived