Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:We appreciate the updates. However as someone who is also a coder, if your live and test environments aren't identical bar number of users, then you need to get a new test environment.

As someone who codes as well and discovered that my new workplace doesn't have a synchronized up environment (or barely for some projects), I agree.Still internally screaming after what my boss just told me a few days ago.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Atlas.9704 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:We appreciate the updates. However as someone who is also a coder, if your live and test environments aren't identical bar number of users, then you need to get a new test environment.

As someone who codes as well and discovered that my new workplace doesn't have a synchronized up environment (or barely for some projects), I agree.Still internally screaming after what my boss just told me a few days ago.

not even going to boast the software engineer thing for myself. But I have noticed even with mirrored/synchronized environments (I know from experience). unexplained things can potentially still happen regardless. Such as all these people unable to even get into the game or crash with map changes etc. I have not even experienced these issues at all. especially not in the last several months. But I cant speak for everyone because people have different computers and different software setups. so anything can be a contributing factor.

usually the biggest contributing factor is the test environment isn't like the live environment meaning people like us cant access it. so it can lead to a can or wurms kinda deal for the rest of us. Not to mention software deployment can goof up.

Literally the only issue i've had is the mounts skins sometimes don't want to show up and I have to reset them by re-adding them for myself. (I can see everyone elses, but sometimes mine doesn't update till I re add it.)

what I want to know is, what is causing the game to crash and roll back on servers for people that aren't doing the new story content. It's not just the one story episode being effected by it. I mean, I don't mind; I have crochet I can work on...but I was really hoping to play some on one of my days off this week.

In an effort to add more data points:I only have the original GW2 (No HoT or CoF)I was able to log in and pick my dailies. I then WP down to Sparkfly do do some chopping for daily wood gathering but part way down the map after 2 trees collected I got disconnected. It tries to send me back to Lions Arch but I never arrive there. I reconnect and log in, get to the character screen but after I click my character it tries to take me to LA again and I get disconnected before I get there.

Network error.Please check your Internet connection and try again.Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

Update:Closed GW2 Client and reopened Logged in and was able to get back to Sparkfly, whoever the Hard Wood in my inventory is gone like the game didn't recognize I was down here before. Will update if anything changes.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

Thank you for the continuous updates, Gaile; May Dwayna bless you and the Anet team for working on a fix. ^_^

Thank you for being so understanding and supportive. I
know
this is frustrating for everyone -- it's frustrating for us, as well. But we'll continue to work on this and nail those bugs to the wall!

Yeah, I completely feel you. I was just saying that we should upgrade from "someone is having a bad day at work" to "someone is having a super-extra kitten day at work", thinking about the developers and this release. Please tell them we sympathize, and those of us who have worked on systems like this, well ... hope they can relax soon. :)

@"Dravis.7681" said:For anyone in a state where you can't get a map to load for any character... I just "fixed" this by setting the "-clientport 80" command line argument. See here for more info:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

After starting the game, logging in and loading up a map on port 80... I logged out and closed the game, removed the "-clientport 80" command and logged in again with the same character and was able to load up the map fine.

You're a lifesaver, thank you. This got me back in the game.

@Lilium.1509 said:what I want to know is, what is causing the game to crash and roll back on servers for people that aren't doing the new story content. It's not just the one story episode being effected by it. I mean, I don't mind; I have crochet I can work on...but I was really hoping to play some on one of my days off this week.

yea I wouldnt know. ive been on gw2 all day no issues other than relogging in to download builds. other than that ive been good, atm not on but thats because my video card has an update. but like I said I cant speak for everyone because not everyone apparently can get in or the fact that theres people that crash a lot now. Try reinstalling the game? idk.

@Dolphin.2574 said:In an effort to add more data points:I only have the original GW2 (No HoT or CoF)I was able to log in and pick my dailies. I then WP down to Sparkfly do do some chopping for daily wood gathering but part way down the map after 2 trees collected I got disconnected. It tries to send me back to Lions Arch but I never arrive there. I reconnect and log in, get to the character screen but after I click my character it tries to take me to LA again and I get disconnected before I get there.

Network error.Please check your Internet connection and try again.Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

This has been happening since the new chapter came out. They're working on it. As a hint, if the map stats (the stuff below the art) doesn't show up pretty fast, you're not going to connect at all. Close the entire game client, give it 10 or so minutes and try again on a new character. Then log to character screen for the character you were on when you got punted and see if you can get in.

There seems to be some kind of time-out involved in that you can't get back to the game quickly (at least not for me when it happened earlier). I just got punted after doing one of the chests (in Snowden) and headed off to Lornar's for the JP when it went sideways with the same error code.

I saw the discussion on Twitter, came here and figured I'd toss in my two cents while I waited for the server to figure out I'm not there anymore and reset. For the record, while I was typing this, I got back onto an alt character and will log out to the one I want. And I got her on and am back to where I was.

Patience IS a virtue, folks. Just give it a few minutes of rest and try again.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

We appreciate the updates. However as someone who is also a coder, if your live and test environments aren't identical bar number of users, then you need to get a new test environment.

As a coder I know you can never truly have the live and test environments match. Simply due to security reasons. You don't want a mistake on dev or staging to completely blow up production. I'm sure there's also separate endpoints for dev vs production. If you cross wires too much with production and dev you're going to run into mishaps that really affect production more than being unable to connect.

Ideally, you want them to match as close as possible but to go so far as identical, that would suggest using the same Database connections and endpoints.

@Pi Slinger.5801 said:Not sure if this information will help much, but when encountering the connectivity issue, restarting my computer and re-logging resets the bug and I'm able to get my characters into the game again. As far as I can tell, the game only re-enters the bugged state after I try to access the first story instance for Episode 4 again.

That's was my experience as well.

Archived