Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

@Blindsight.2903 said:Just trying to log back in after a crash from instance and am getting Network Error Code 1083:5:7:1596:101.

This is the same error code I keep getting. I've gotten a crash from running around core Tyria maps, so it's not just related to the new content or story steps. I don't know if waiting has anything to do with fixing it, since waiting 10-20 minutes worked before, but now waiting even a few hours didn't fix it. Doesn't seem to matter which character I load into, either.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey there,

We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

Thank you for all of your efforts.

Just to clarify, is the disconnection issue one you think will be addressed this afternoon/evening, or is that beyond the scope of the planned fixes for today? Just asking because it seems a little ambiguous based on your note above. Reality is a lot of people are probably waiting for the disconnect bugs specifically to be fixed more than anything (because it is the thing keeping us from getting to the new map/mount collection/etc). If it looks like that will be tomorrow, it would be nice to know just so we can plan the evening accordingly.

Again, thank you so much for the updates. Many of us do understand these things happen and do take time to fix.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey there,

We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

Except its redirecting to Lions Arch instead?

err I was just disconnected from the high lands. I tried getting back in and poof disconnected. Tried twice now and can't get back in even got disconnected from the character select screen. I checked my computer and my modem, it's fine...

I will continue to try just giving an update.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey there,wWe wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Dwesert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

So, tomorrow for the people in Europe...So glad i took a day off to play the new episode and try out the new mount!

@"Yuyuske.7182" said:I can't log in on any character, even ones not in the Desert Highlands. I get to character select, then when I pick one:

"Network error. Please check your Internet connection and try again. (Code = 1083:5:7:1596:101)"

Give it some time before you restart the game - like 3 or 4 minutes. You should be able to log back in normally.

--

I'm reeeeeally trying to be patient but it's getting increasingly difficult. I've spent the last 17 days waiting for a response from support and it finally came yesterday - just in time for today's new episode. Or so I thought ... *sigh

Guess I might as well use the time to do the dishes and some other chores. These connectivity issues really have a bad influence on my procrastination ... :/

i hope ppl don't blame anet for this, at least they are trying to add content into the game. but I would recommend the management to be more liberal with the deadline and launch time if it can allow for a smoother launch, it not like this is an expansion or something and anet need to launch it on X date to get in the financial report. less stressful for both the developer and player.

don't overwork yourself.

@"Anjo.3170" said:"[ARENA NET] Rubi Bayer.8493 posted on 2018-05-29 17:15:31:A message from Mike Zadorojny:Hi everyone,The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!"

Hey Mike, you may want to go back to the drawing board because the "quality bar" and "quality standards" you set for yourselves seems to be very low.

Apparently, my definition of quality is different than Anets.It's amazing really. Anet got such huge good press and an influx of people from PoF, but between greedy mount skins and day-long outages like this, they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

They have no one to blame but themselves. You may want to think about bringing someone new to do quality control. Just sayin.

@lagrangewei.8516 said:i hope ppl don't blame anet for this, at least they are trying to add content into the game. but I would recommend the management to be more liberal with the deadline and launch time if it can allow for a smoother launch, it not like this is an expansion or something and anet need to launch it on X date to get in the financial report. less stressful for both the developer and player.

don't overwork yourself.

I would recommend to look at their servers.

Because seriously, lots of gemstore stuff and even secondary and tertiary patchnotes for gemstore stuff, but the game not working - that is just bad PR.

I was told of this bug and instead tried to go to the Desolation (specifically Sand Jackal Run WP) to do some other things in the meantime. The game crashed as I tried to load in, and now I receive a network error every time I try to load back in on this character (in her previous map, the Grove). I hadn't even started the story yet, but was going to turn in items to Scholar Elisa. I'm assuming all PoF maps are broken at this point, and I'm upset that I can't log back into my main to do other content while the story is bugged.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:so basically, you locked it down, because you once again did not rent enough server space and now are hoping for enough people to go away?

Btw, 'late afternoon' is 17h from now for many players...

She means their late afternoon, as in the timezone they are in. In which late afternoon is only a couple of hours from now.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Because seriously, lots of gemstore stuff and even secondary and tertiary patchnotes for gemstore stuff, but the game not working - that is just bad PR.

I don't see why this should be bad PR. Gaile posting gemstore updates has absolutely no influence on the connectivity issues or any bugs, as fixing any of these issues isn't part of her job. It's not like they're wasting any resources which could've otherwise gone into fixing things.

We just gotta be patient even if it's annoying. The devs are working on it and they're gonna fix it asap. That's what they always do. They got this.

@Nox.4830 said:Welp, I was opening black lion chests while waiting for a friend to connect and was super surprised to see a Glyph of the Scavenger pop into my inventory. We go into the story, disconnect, finally come back in and my new shiny Glyph is gone with my original keys back in my inventory. I want my Glyphie back! :(

Seems like a minor server rollback related with the connectivity issues. Kind of happened to me too by doing map completion in Sandswept Isles, got a PoI and a Heart done, disconnect pops up and character is back in Desert Highlands at selection screen. Progress done and any items obtained reverted back.

I know it's disappointing folks but these things happen. Use this opportunity to go outside and exercise or spend time with loved ones and don't overreact to a game's technical issues. Besides, anybody that has played mmos knows better than to expect perfect patch days. If you take time off work that's on your bad.

Archived