Banners, do you wear them

Nah, I allways hide the backpack...only ones that I use is the quiver on my ranger and thief...even the sPvP legend wings i hided after a few minutes cause looks to weird...till it have full animations for in/out of combat, walking, running, jumping, etc i wont use it...for the banners, is just look weird in my opinion...the worst part is that for some reason i legit though that the Commander Banner was a cape lol even if it have "banner" on the name haha

I have so many backpieces to choose from that for me, the fact that most of the banners are exotic means i'll defer to an asc. I normally show my backpiece happily (except the bloodstone shard one, and even then i sometimes do) as it's a waste of designers' time not to. Also, someone made the effort to design it (and probably someone else for a collection) then you make the effort to acquire the banner and you don't even show it?!

I hardly ever use backpacks at all. It's possible to style a character so that they suit them (Joko's banners work wonderfully with the Awakened Zealot outfit, I find), but unless you do this they'll always look a bit cumbersome. It's a shame they can't be used as gliders!

@sorudo.9054 said:they wanted to have this instead of capes, now they know that's not how we roll.

I can see why would be a nightmare to make capes work...i mean, they would have to add physics to it or else would just look bad(my opinion), while that wouldnt be a problem for most of the races, with Charr would be maybe a challange to make it work...but they could make the 4 races(Norn, Human, Silvary and Asura) use the same cape model and Charr could use another model, that would have a diferent physics and would also have body collision, not sure how hard this would be...but if the Skyrim mod community can do this kind of stuff, i am pretty sure that the people at Anet can too.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:they wanted to have this instead of capes, now they know that's not how we roll.

I can see why would be a nightmare to make capes work...i mean, they would have to add physics to it or else would just look bad(my opinion), while that wouldnt be a problem for most of the races, with Charr would be maybe a challange to make it work...but they could make the 4 races(Norn, Human, Silvary and Asura) use the same cape model and Charr could use another model, that would have a diferent physics and would also have body collision, not sure how hard this would be...but if the Skyrim mod community can do this kind of stuff, i am pretty sure that the people at Anet can too.

the only solution would be a shoulder cape for charr, but that would cause an uproar with "i want them for other races" and we'll never hear the end of it.IMO the biggest mistake Anet did was adding charr in the first place, of all races the charr is the one stopping all possibilities other races have no problems with. (like capes or a costume tail)

I wear one on one of my toons. It looks good with the outfit and it doesn't seem strange to me when in motion. I don't really study what my toons look like in every transitional pose - mostly I'm interested in how they look around town.

I like banners and I've used them all at some point (all depends on what I'm in the mood for), minus the commander banner that came with the newest LS episode ( I'm still working on the dauntless commander banner so no option on using that just yet). It's a really nice looking banner but I see more of the pole that holds it then the banner itself when I preview it on my Asura. I'll still likely use it at some point because dangit I worked hard on making it of course I'm gonna wear it. xD

I can see why would be a nightmare to make capes work...i mean, they would have to add physics to it or else would just look bad(my opinion)

tbh though they added the ancient banner of elona, which is practically a cape, and from the looks of it, they didnt bother to add proper collision on it, has Anet ever said the reason why they dont use capes anymore?

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:they wanted to have this instead of capes, now they know that's not how we roll.

the only solution would be a shoulder cape for charr, but that would cause an uproar with "i want them for other races" and we'll never hear the end of it.IMO the biggest mistake Anet did was adding charr in the first place, of all races the charr is the one stopping all possibilities other races have no problems with. (like capes or a costume tail)

I don't know why they didn't go with the more upright Charr that were introduced during the eye of the north expansion. It's too late to change it now though.

Archived