New player lf answers #1

I haven't played warrior a lot, but my impression was that warrior's gameplay allows for a lot of different skill rotations and combos.Ranger, on the other hand, relies more heavily on autoattacks, occasionally throwing in some other skills to conrol the fight.

The best desicion, though, is to try out both! Every profession is unique, it's not necessary to constrain yourself to just one.

@"Klowdy.3126" said:Warrior is good to get a feel for the game with. I also think you mean ranger, there are many "archer" classes in this game. Revenants use short bows, guardians use long bows, even warrior uses long bow for one of their specs.

Correction : Warrior use longbows and guardians can use longbow with the dragon hunter elite specialization.

@Eme.2018 said:

@"Klowdy.3126" said:Warrior is good to get a feel for the game with. I also think you mean ranger, there are many "archer" classes in this game. Revenants use short bows, guardians use long bows, even warrior uses long bow for one of their specs.

Correction : Warrior use longbows and guardians can use longbow with the dragon hunter elite specialization.

And revenants use short bow with renegade, I wasn't going that deep with it. I was simply stating the class and not the spec.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@Eme.2018 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:Warrior is good to get a feel for the game with. I also think you mean ranger, there are many "archer" classes in this game. Revenants use short bows, guardians use long bows, even warrior uses long bow for one of their specs.

And revenants use short bow with renegade, I wasn't going that deep with it. I was simply stating the class and not the spec.

And "core" thieves can use shortbows. And rangers can use long or short bows.

I personally don't think it matters too much. If warrior interests you, play with it for a while. Don't worry about the archer thing. Warrior can use both longbow and rifle. And the longbow is actually a pretty good weapon for them.

Warrior is an OK choice to play with if you like it. They are one of the most durable classes and will survive a lot of tough situations that would kill squishier classes. So it's forgiving, and warriors are in demand for Fractales and Raids as well. Not too much downside.

But here's the thing - just because you create a warrior doesn't mean you have to stick with it if you hate it. You have multiple character slots for a reason. I've played about five characters up to level 20 or 30 or so, and then deleted them in favor of some other class. Why not just test drive stuff and find out if you like it?

Archived