The thing that ruined Ep 3 for me...(spoiler)

Michram.6853

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:That is what you both are saying. You BOTH keep saying nothing else besides "she's an established character, so she can't be a Deus Ex Machina" when at no point in that term's history has it ever been said that. The whole POINT of the term is when something or someone just keeps popping up solving problems that otherwise would have no solutions, both Taimi and Aurene do that constantly by just popping up out of nowhere and either saving us from a situation we would clearly have failed otherwise or by providing solutions out of nowhere. Hell, Aurene literally just flies in and eats Joko of all people [decently sized, aggressive crystal dragon here, clearly a master of stealth].

Thats not deux machina, From years before (since we learn dragons eat magic) I knew an option for dealing with Joko could involve being eating by a dragon: Aurene was that dragon (which YOU CAN SEE around the battlefield), and you should know by now that what you see, she sees too, if the commander get in trouble, SHE WILL know it and will come to his/her aid just like with Balthazar (but hey, that time she didn't save us, so no Deus Ex Machina there right?). Knowing all of this, If you keep getting that feeling then perphaps you should start to pay more attention to each npcs characteristics and traits, and then maybe you will stop using the term deus ex machina so loosely.

Ah, so before Joko or Aurene were even hinted that they would be characters in GW2, you just knew that.

I'm done, it's like your brains refuse to activate.

Even if it wasn't a certain fact back then, I knew that if joko would get involve in the story at some point, dragons would be one option to dealing with him, I kept this in mind since 2013, It doesn't take a smart mind to figure: A lich with magic that makes him immortal+dragons that eat magic= Lich getting killed because his magic gets devoured by dragons.

And to you mate, if more than 3 opinions differs from yours, maybe, I don't know, it is because you may have the wrong concept of Deus Ex Machina? perphaps you should activate your brain and think on that

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pax.3548 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Ephemiel.5694 said:That is what you both are saying. You BOTH keep saying nothing else besides "she's an established character, so she can't be a Deus Ex Machina" when at no point in that term's history has it ever been said that. The whole POINT of the term is when something or someone just keeps popping up solving problems that otherwise would have no solutions, both Taimi and Aurene do that constantly by just popping up out of nowhere and either saving us from a situation we would clearly have failed otherwise or by providing solutions out of nowhere. Hell, Aurene literally just flies in and eats Joko of all people [decently sized, aggressive crystal dragon here, clearly a master of stealth].

Thats not deux machina, From years before (since we learn dragons eat magic) I knew an option for dealing with Joko could involve being eating by a dragon: Aurene was that dragon (which YOU CAN SEE around the battlefield), and you should know by now that what you see, she sees too, if the commander get in trouble, SHE WILL know it and will come to his/her aid just like with Balthazar (but hey, that time she didn't save us, so no Deus Ex Machina there right?). Knowing all of this, If you keep getting that feeling then perphaps you should start to pay more attention to each npcs characteristics and traits, and then maybe you will stop using the term deus ex machina so loosely.

Ah, so before Joko or Aurene were even hinted that they would be characters in GW2, you just knew that.

Even if it wasn't a certain fact back then, I knew that if joko would get involve in the story at some point, dragons would be one option to dealing with him, I kept this in mind since 2013, It doesn't take a smart mind to figure: A lich with magic that makes him immortal+dragons that eat magic= Lich getting killed because his magic gets devoured by dragons.

And to you mate, if more than 3 opinions differs from yours, maybe, I don't know, it is because you may have the wrong concept of Deus Ex Machina? perphaps you should activate your brain and think on that

So why did Kralkatorrik let live Joko and his Awakened for few centuries- did we ever get to see more than 100 branded awakened- not talking about some exceptions like one or two and not even branded by Kralk himself (battle for Amnoon).

Kralk had had milions of chances to get rid of Joko- why didnt he kill him if the dragons care only about devouring the magic.

It means either Joko's magic was worthless in Kralk's eyes or they had a deal...

@Arden.7480 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

So why did Kralkatorrik let live Joko and his Awakened for few centuries- did we ever get to see more than 100 branded awakened- not talking about some exceptions like one or two and not even branded by Kralk himself (battle for Amnoon).

Kralk had had milions of chances to get rid of Joko- why didnt he kill him if the dragons care only about devouring the magic.

It means either Joko's magic was worthless in Kralk's eyes or they had a deal...

Joko and Kralk only occupied the same area for the last few years. When Kralk entered that area, he was weakened and as far as the little we know, recuperating after nearly being killed

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

@Pax.3548 said:

Joko and Kralk only occupied the same area for the last few years. When Kralk entered that area, he was weakened and as far as the little we know, recuperating after nearly being killed

I'd still argue that there was no recuperating to be done- Destiny's Edge barely scratched him- but the other side of it is that when Kralk did go to Elona, he went to Vabbi, the most magical human society after Orr. Powerful as Joko was, he'd probably be a light snack against an entire province of floating palaces and bound djinn.

@Arden.7480 said:So why did Kralkatorrik let live Joko and his Awakened for few centuries- did we ever get to see more than 100 branded awakened- not talking about some exceptions like one or two and not even branded by Kralk himself (battle for Amnoon).

Dragons are usually impredictible in their movements, besides, magic is everywhere, Kralkatorric could have gone to Elona (back before PoF) just as he could have gone to the wizard tower in kessex hills or to Rata Sum with all the fancy asuran magic technology.

I believe Joko's magic, compared to other sources (like ley line magic) was very tiny for an Elder Dragon, but I imagine kralkatorrik or any other dragon would have tried to eat him eventually.

@Pax.3548 said:

@Arden.7480 said:So why did Kralkatorrik let live Joko and his Awakened for few centuries- did we ever get to see more than 100 branded awakened- not talking about some exceptions like one or two and not even branded by Kralk himself (battle for Amnoon).

Dragons are usually impredictible in their movements, besides, magic is everywhere, Kralkatorric could have gone to Elona (back before PoF) just as he could have gone to the wizard tower in kessex hills or to Rata Sum with all the fancy asuran magic technology.

I believe Joko's magic, compared to other sources (like ley line magic) was very tiny for an Elder Dragon, but I imagine kralkatorrik or any other dragon would have tried to eat him eventually.

Joko hopped out of the Domain of the Lost after the Crystal Dragon found his new perch on that mountain. Kralkatorrik coukd be accessing his new found powers and abilities to worry about Joko. They said that Kralkatorrik is sitting in the mountains acting different and strange. Maybe not enough magic fir Kralkstorrik to be concerned.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Would it have been cooler or perfect if it was subtle seeing Aurene fly by the window behind him during the scene? I would like to think so.

Thats why I am upset they didn't do that, instead they created something not based on any explanation- the biggest Anet's sin is that they force something to work instead of try the simplest, best ways.

What is done can't be undone, but the expectation or (in my case) no expectation, just ruined this whole story. I played this story expecting nothing, but seeing something that bad, ruined the expectation towards the incoming story.

Every eye was on Joko, everyone didn't want him to die, the people liked him, and the writers mocked the whole community with this final scene that was just stupid and shouldnt be ever written, created.

"They promised they will give a proper respect to the villains in the future"- said the Team.

They were doing it FOR YEARS!!!

I was that upset after Flashpoint, because this was also some awful " Taimi ex machina" thing. And we know what abomination came after this episode- One Path Ends.

I hoped they would never go this way, but they did, and it was once again- awful.

I wonder why no dev has not written under this post, because I want to know what made them do such bad, improper ending.

I showed my brother this episode- as we always do because I study there he studies there, and we catch up with the story after I play it first and I want to see his reaction, he is not into GW2 as I am, but I trust in his reactions, we discuss our feelings later.

And I showed him this episode, he seemed very interested in the chapters, said that GW2 has way too much shiny effects xD

And when it came up to the final scene, I have never seen such interest in his eyes since Personal Story and the finale of Season 2- he very liked the speech.

And then... His face turned into a disappointed gasp, his eyes wide open- he was trying to process what he just saw...

I knew he would react like that, I myself just stopped thinking, there was just silence...

And then those funny dialogues... God, I thought that he thought that he may be in a hidden camera.

I hope Arenanet will hire some really experienced writers in the places of two fired ones- they writers that wrote some books, scenarios for the movies or series to make those character look less ridiculous.

This game has too many not experienced writers and without King's, Grubb's and Soesbee's insight, the lore lost its shine.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Would it have been cooler or perfect if it was subtle seeing Aurene fly by the window behind him during the scene? I would like to think so.

The weird thing is, I was convinced I saw a dragon fly past the window. Turned out it was the black smoky tendrils surrounding the fort waving in the wind, but I sorta predicted either Kralk/Shatterer/Aurene interference moment after that. Sadly...I was right.

If there would be windows on the right and left side there would be no drama, Aurene would sneak up by one of those and wait for a right moment.

Also they could make Aurene fly by the two windows behind Joko, and showing the scene from a different side.

The first option would be best- the player wouldnt care about the extra windows, plus it wouldnt destroy a surprise, plus it could be explained.

Then I would clap my hands for Anet.

Archived