Buffs...BUFFS....BUFFS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! Well mostly for Reaper :P

Methuselah.4376

NecromancerStrength of Undeath: The damage increase from this trait has been increased from 5% to 10%.Death Perception: The critical hit chance increase of this trait has been reduced from 50% to 33% while in a shroud. This trait now additionally grants up to 300 ferocity at level 80.Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.Summon Blood Fiend: This minion will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.Summon Bone Minions: These minions will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.Terror: This trait now inflicts the increased condition damage regardless of whether the target has other conditions. The base damage inflicted has been increased 25%, and the effect of condition damage has been increased by 37.5%.Furious Demise: The duration of fury granted by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds. This trait now also grants up to 180 precision.Lingering Curse: The condition damage gained from this trait has been increased from 150 to 200. This trait also changes Feast of Corruption into a new, area-affecting version called Devouring Darkness.Ritual of Life: This trait is now split between game modes and will now revive at 4% in PvP and WvW.Spiteful Talisman: Fixed a display bug in which this trait showed a 5% damage increase instead of a 10% damage increase.Dread: The damage received by enemies inflicted with fear has been increased from 20% to 33%.Gluttony: In addition to its previous life force gain increase, this trait now grants the necromancer a stack of might for 6 seconds when they gain life force.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Reading through a lot of these changes, I just kept going "Dafaq?"

Can't say I'm upset about any of these, but I will say Power Reaper just got some nice boosts. Gluttony fuels Blighter's Boon stupidly well.

I know right?! It's almost too good to be true! So happy ^_^

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:Reading through a lot of these changes, I just kept going "Dafaq?"

Can't say I'm upset about any of these, but I will say Power Reaper just got some nice boosts. Gluttony fuels Blighter's Boon stupidly well.

Does it have an icd? Also the GS trait goes well with this.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Does it have an icd? Also the GS trait goes well with this.Nope, passive effects don't work. I tested it with the GS trait and Spectral Armor. Only actives (skills that hit a target) trigger the effect - but no ICD.

Also Well of Corruption does not work.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Does it have an icd? Also the GS trait goes well with this.Nope, passive effects don't work. I tested it with the GS trait and Spectral Armor. Only actives (skills that hit a target) trigger the effect - but no ICD.

Also Well of Corruption does not work.

It's behaving quite weirdly. I pop "Your Soul is Mine" in a city and I am getting 2 stacks of Might. Gluttony only gives 1 stack per instance of life force gain, so my only guess is that Blighter's Boon is proccing life force gain, giving another stack of Might. My runes are Grove runes, so I know that's not it.

I pop Well of Power and I get 2 stacks of Might as well (not standing in it).

So, what I think is happening is that Blighter's Boon does indeed proc Gluttony, but there is a limit in how much. In my Well of Power example, Blighter's Boon procs from the Stability gained on cast, giving 1% life force. Gluttony sees a gain of life force and grants a stack of Might. This loops exactly once more. With Gluttony and Blighter's Boon equipped, casting Well of Power gives 3% life force (tested from 0) and 2 Might.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.

this pulses quickness......

It should have kept the previous effect, and just added bonus damage while under the effects of quickness, like 7-10% more damage. With the % being different between we've and pvp.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:It's behaving quite weirdly. I pop "Your Soul is Mine" in a city and I am getting 2 stacks of Might. Gluttony only gives 1 stack per instance of life force gain, so my only guess is that Blighter's Boon is proccing life force gain, giving another stack of Might. My runes are Grove runes, so I know that's not it.

I pop Well of Power and I get 2 stacks of Might as well (not standing in it).

So, what I think is happening is that Blighter's Boon does indeed proc Gluttony, but there is a limit in how much. In my Well of Power example, Blighter's Boon procs from the Stability gained on cast, giving 1% life force. Gluttony sees a gain of life force and grants a stack of Might. This loops exactly once more. With Gluttony and Blighter's Boon equipped, casting Well of Power gives 3% life force (tested from 0) and 2 Might.GS1 -> 1% LF -> Gluttony 1 Might -> Blighter's Boon 1% LF -> Gluttony 1 Might = 2 Might and 2% LF

Pretty nice effect synergy.^^ Imagine it would loop endlessly...

These changes suck for WvW. My reaper build is now completely dead in the water as Marauder+Valk+Exuberance (a fun, strong, and unusual build that has worked great for so long) will no longer give even close to the necessary stats as far as precision goes for the crits.

This now results in forced reductions in power/vitality (and subsequently life force) to accommodate for the loss of crit chance, and Onslaught is basically now perma-slow into anything with boon corruption. Flat attack speed is so much more consistent which is what shrouds builds need to be...

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.

this pulses quickness......

It should have kept the previous effect, and just added bonus damage while under the effects of quickness, like 7-10% more damage. With the % being different between we've and pvp.

It's fine as it is now. We got 5% more flat damage from Soul Reaping now and we now have 600 extra Ferocity if we ha Reaper's Onslaught and Death Perception

@DeceiverX.8361 said:These changes suck for WvW. My reaper build is now completely dead in the water as Marauder+Valk+Exuberance (a fun, strong, and unusual build that has worked great for so long) will no longer give even close to the necessary stats as far as precision goes for the crits.

This now results in forced reductions in power/vitality (and subsequently life force) to accommodate for the loss of crit chance, and Onslaught is basically now perma-slow into anything with boon corruption. Flat attack speed is so much more consistent which is what shrouds builds need to be...I state the opposite.

Death Perception did overstack crit chance on Marauder (and Demolisher and Paladin in PvP) gear. It's much better now as I can remain nearly 100% crit chance and get another 300 ferocity for free.

3s pulsing quickness is a huge buff. There are so many possible quickness combos we can do now.

Gluttony boosts damage as it gives us almost instant 25 might. It also buffs Blighter's Boon heal. 3k heal on shroud entering (as you can stack tons of might) is now easily achieveable.

The best buff to necro I have seen so far.

It's nearly a 30% reduction in damage in WvW and a 10% drop in HP/LF if moving to full marauder in order to get the crit chance necessary. 300 ferocity is total beans when base power is so low. Reaper in sPvP still remains better with the berserker amulet as it is.

This is a MASSIVE nerf to WvW reaper which was already very shaky to begin with, considering holo and spellbreaker still have yet to be normalized with the nerfs they got in sPvP.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:It's nearly a 30% reduction in damage in WvW and a 10% drop in HP/LF if moving to full marauder in order to get the crit chance necessary. 300 ferocity is total beans when base power is so low. Reaper in sPvP still remains better with the berserker amulet as it is.

This is a MASSIVE nerf to WvW reaper which was already very shaky to begin with, considering holo and spellbreaker still have yet to be normalized with the nerfs they got in sPvP.

Good thing WvW isn't the only game mode this game offers then :)

These changes seem incredibly inconsistent to me though, the Gluttony trait seems to sometimes give might, and sometimes not at all, it may have an ICD, but its not displayed on the trait, but using Locust Swarm as an example, It gave 1 stack of time the first time it hit an enemy, every hit afterwards it grants none, Soul Eater granted 1 stack when swapping into Greatsword then none for the remainder of the time. The trait will also not give any might if your life force is full, or if a multi hit attack misses the first hit (If you use locust swarm, let it run for a second, then strike something with it, you get nothing unless you swap weapons/go into shroud)

Also the Strength of Undeath trait doesn't change damage tooltips at all when above or below 50% life force

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Does it have an icd? Also the GS trait goes well with this.

Tons of might stacking on axe 2. 8 stacks of might on a 6.4s cooldown...?

I've never ever been this awestruck by a patch... These changes (buffs?) are so god awefull for all professions that I could just laugh stupidly while reading them. Bandaid buff to make things worse 'clap clap'.

PvP and WvW player base will soon start a plea for a condi nerf on the necromancer and a sustain nerf on the reaper. Dread's meaningless damage buff got an increase... lol.

@Egorum.9506 said:You guys are nuts, this patch is a straight 30% damage buff for reaper in pvp and wvw

That's the problem, necromancer and reaper didn't need damage buff in PvP and WvW. This patch don't change the statu quo in any way, it will just lead to complains from other professions. This is the worst thing that ANet could do.

Archived