Tried Reaper for the first time, got MVP

Noe.8032

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:How do you get MVP when there's no MVP awards?

by getting all the top stats it would seem..

I was taught that stats meant little, eg: getting top damage means the fight for a node wasnt effecient enough because of prolonged fights in order to attain such damage, the better players normally dont get that stat because they were able to effectively spike someone quickly and take the node, which also ties into defense and offense stats.

just what I was taught and it came across as logical

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"Razor.6392" said:ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

i know that but you have to admit it require no skill at all

true, it Need the same amount of skill like the Auto invul procs. so i agree, lets delete ALL Auto invul procs of other classes + lesser spinal shivers. i think necro would loose less then all the other classes ;D.

the passive of "chill of death" should have increased cd btw. It is a passive after all and should be set to 90 sec cd.

Reaper needs chill of death, and 90 seconds is way way too high.Do you even care if reaper is unable to keep up with people?

Please remember that you got 10 sec cd on reaper shroud and the energy drains very fast, so we need chills to help catch people.

Reaper is a bit like death knights in world of warcraft:They are very very very slow and can't catch folks easily.The chill thing is to keep them near and our best way of surviving.If you take away dmg and chills we are screwed.Then again i suppose most people just want necros to be free kills.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Razor.6392" said:ghastly claw + lesser shivers is 100% full on braindead mode though.

I am a main necromancer and i agree with the Chill To Death porc but not Ghastly Claw you can dodge that but the proc you cant

i am wondering why so many People have problems with it. lesser spinal shivers procs on enemies below 50% so in most fights the first proc goes against one of the Auto invul procs that also came at 50% life. with the 20 seconds cooldown on LSS necros most of time have their first successfull proc after ~25-30 seconds in a fight against an enemy.

true, it Need the same amount of skill like the Auto invul procs. so i agree, lets delete ALL Auto invul procs of other classes + lesser spinal shivers. i think necro would loose less then all the other classes ;D.

the passive of "chill of death" should have increased cd btw. It is a passive after all and should be set to 90 sec cd.

Reaper needs chill of death, and 90 seconds is way way too high.Do you even care if reaper is unable to keep up with people?

Please remember that you got 10 sec cd on reaper shroud and the energy drains very fast, so we need chills to help catch people.

Reaper is a bit like death knights in world of warcraft:They are very very very slow and can't catch folks easily.The chill thing is to keep them near and our best way of surviving.If you take away dmg and chills we are screwed.Then again i suppose most people just want necros to be free kills.

dude it's a passive and it doesn't take any skill to use, all passive cds should be adjusted and be so high that they proc only ~once per fight

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

dude it's passive and it doesn't take any skill to use, all passive cds should be adjusted and be so high that they proc only ~once per fight

reaper has no defenses, they got no invulns etc, they have trouble even keeping up.They don't need to be nerfed anymore or they will be nerfed into uselessness.

Its a l2p issue if you got a issue with reaper.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Chill

Its 2 bleeds 2 measely bleeds on 8 sec.thats hardly any damage compared to what other classes are capable of doing, and you are crying about necro, you should be crying about what other classes can put out in condi.Necro has been nerfed enough i put my foot down, i won't stop fighting against nerfs for reaper until:

counter warriors are nerfed hardDeadeye thieves are nerfed hardMirage mesmers get nerfed to invulns/Insta burst phantasm op god modeSoulbeast burst as well i heard can 1 shot people, and you cry about reaper who is slow and only thing he has is his dmg, and you want him to have no significant damage and other stuff?

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

dude it's passive and it doesn't take any skill to use, all passive cds should be adjusted and be so high that they proc only ~once per fight

reaper has no defenses, they got no invulns etc, they have trouble even keeping up.They don't need to be nerfed anymore or they will be nerfed into uselessness.

xD someone is butthurt. I am going to say it again: Chill of Death is a passive ability and it was an oversight on anet's side to not nerf the cd back when they nerfed all passive cds. This should ofc only apply for pvp and nowhere else. But the cd should be increased to anything between 1 min and 90 sec. It seems to be a l2p issue for you if you need be carried by passive procs.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

xD someone is kitten. I am going to say it again: Chill of Death is a passive ability and it was an oversight on anet's side to not nerf the cd back when they nerfed all passive cds. This should ofc only apply for pvp and nowhere else. But the cd should be increased to anything between 1 min and 90 sec. It seems to be a l2p issue for you if you need be carried by passive procs.

When you nerf something so hard, you need to compensate them if you gut it.2 minutes is a eternity in a battle, and necro needs chill to keep people near them.Sure passives might be bad for the game, but if you nerf it put it elsewhere so that reapers can chill enemies, because they need more ways to keep people close, not less way, otherwise they are kittened as you would say to being kited.

Reason its personal is because this thread started with nerf reaper, and all reaper has is its dmg, and i love my necro and don't want it to be wrecked because a bunch of bronze noobs can't learn to not facetank reapers and get wrecked then QQ on the forums because they are bad.

Its bad enough that there is tons of other classes with far too much cc on the newer expansions, and mesmers keep getting better and better, and the older specs like:reaper/tempest can't even keep up anymore.

So my answer is:I'd like for reaper to be recompensed with some invulns gimme those sweet sweet invulns and maybe something akin to the guardian was it? hookshot that brings you close to them akin to dks in wow so we can keep them close.

@Ferus.3165 said:dude it's a passive and it doesn't take any skill to use, all passive cds should be adjusted and be so high that they proc only ~once per fightIt does. If you need more than 20 seconds to kill a glass reaper, you are doing it wrong.

Engage -> kite shroud -> kill (estimated time: ~ 15s)

Chill of Death has become a bit out of control under certain circumstanses which are:

• you play a glass reaper (berserk or almost berserk)
  • your target is using no toughness gear and has a low health pool
  • you proc CoD in shroud and take all the new shiny damage modifiers of Reaper's Onslaught (= no Blighter's Boon), Death Perception and even Close to Death (= no Spiteful Spirit)
  • your target has 3 boons
  • you do a critical hit

Then it's capable to be a oneshot at 50% of the target's HP.

The thing is, when I spec my reaper this way I am a faceroll target for a lot of builds while I have a fair chance against cheesy one shot Deadeyes (and I can troll bronze players of course). It's all rock paper scissors. Chill of Death has a wide range from totally worthless up to as broken as other oneshot stuff in the game - all depending on your opponent.

CoD has always been a must have to be able to deal with thieves and other high mobile/bursty but squishy builds on necro. Even in 2014 two core shroud autoattacks proc'ing CoD could twoshot a thief. Yes I have all these modifiers now, but the thief is now able to block my burst or even trait for auto evasion at 50% HP preventing CoD from proc'ing as it requires you to hit a target below 50% health.

Side Note: There is a counter to everything in the game except running away and guess which is the worst class in running away capabilities?

@Ferus.3165 said:It seems to be a l2p issue for you if you need be carried by passive procs.Removing CoD will add more counters to necro (basically every mobile glass canon as necro has only very limited opportunities for hitting these builds). ANet would have to give the class even more easy to apply burst on other skills for compensation.

So think about what you are asking for.

Just remove the damage from Chill of Death. I am tired of dying to procs against a reaper, just because some random aoe touched my foot then 1-shot me. If it is necessary to prevent kiting, that is fine, let it chill and apply vuln. Stop letting it take like 50% of my health in a way that is 100% guaranteed to hit and impossible to dodge or prevent.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

xD someone is kitten. I am going to say it again: Chill of Death is a passive ability and it was an oversight on anet's side to not nerf the cd back when they nerfed all passive cds. This should ofc only apply for pvp and nowhere else. But the cd should be increased to anything between 1 min and 90 sec. It seems to be a l2p issue for you if you need be carried by passive procs.

When you nerf something so hard, you need to compensate them if you gut it.2 minutes is a eternity in a battle, and necro needs chill to keep people near them.Sure passives might be bad for the game, but if you nerf it put it elsewhere so that reapers can chill enemies, because they need more ways to keep people close, not less way, otherwise they are kittened as you would say to being kited.

Reason its personal is because this thread started with nerf reaper, and all reaper has is its dmg, and i love my necro and don't want it to be wrecked because a bunch of bronze noobs can't learn to not facetank reapers and get wrecked then QQ on the forums because they are bad.

Its bad enough that there is tons of other classes with far too much cc on the newer expansions, and mesmers keep getting better and better, and the older specs like:reaper/tempest can't even keep up anymore.

So my answer is:I'd like for reaper to be recompensed with some invulns gimme those sweet sweet invulns and maybe something akin to the guardian was it? hookshot that brings you close to them akin to dks in wow so we can keep them close.

Bros better solution is to remove all the passive from he game and all will be in the same shoes as necros

@Zawn.9647 said:i played a reaper for the 1st time on the mists arena and won like 5 out of 6 duels there aswell... i think its a really strong class but far from broken - i could tell people didnt know how to dodge the burst or keep their distance

Because they never needed to before. Half the playerbase barely knows what a reaper even does because knowing it wasn't needed to beat them.

I've literally killed multiple people with R4 who lazily try to out dps and die. No dodges. no blocks. no cc chains.

I don't play necro, but i think current necro builds is balanced and fair. Simply because they are truly sitting ducks and easy to burst down. There is some give and take there. Necros have a strong offensive presence in teamfights, but they can't save themselves. they do have some escapes i guess but i never see any necros run with them. at least, it's not enough to ever get away from me if they are trying to.

Archived