Anyone develop or playing around with a condi Renegade WvW Roamer build?

SoulstitchMMO.1396

@Scar.1793 said:Saw one condi rev in WvW, he was useless as in no noticeable damage at all.

I never tried condi builds as I hate them a lot. But this is what I’ve noticed so far.

Oh I have no problems chasing down and killing people, doing wonderful against average players. And against obviously geared and skilled players sometimes I Win, sometimes I don't (some soul beats give me problems, and chasing down deadeye is a pain in the ass) so my build is solid, it's just a matter of wanting to try the new renegade in place of glint thing.

Condi rev is still very viable if you're good enough.

As for renegade... I've tried it in my own build for a while, and although it has some use in a strong heal skill, decent area denial with Icerazor's Ire and a great CC utility+stunbreak in Darkrazor, it's pretty bad for roaming. I'd even go as far as saying it's better on power builds. Shortbow was promising for having some ranged pressure, but it falls short compared to Mace+Axe or Staff. I'd say the main benefit of playing renegade is that very few people will actually know what your skills/traits do, so you'd have some element of surprise there. A lot of people will for example run out of the Kalla spirits that don't deal any damage.

You can probably make a condi renegade roaming build and have a measure of success, but you will have to be much more experienced than your enemy. I'd say stick with herald or core.

I have fought a small handful that have surprised me, and they have taken Shiro/Mallyx. Condi rev can be a pretty big sitting duck, so the extra mobility from Shiro tends to fill in those gaps and can put in some surprising condi burst. Obviously less than optimal, and you are playing with your cards stacked against you, but in my experience those have been the toughest renegades I have encountered. Still not half the threat of a power herald, but that should come as no surprise.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAVmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklZli9FuhfQNAOgF4fBnwME-jlSAQBRUdHAu/wHV+9hjAAAeAAyUJYA1FwhLAwDVJAdHCgAAIAG6QH6QH6Q77ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCYRlVA-w

Shiro + Mallyx shortbow/staff. 90% of the time spent in Shiro with short bow as the main source of damage. Did use this build along my first 50 matches in PvP season 13 (not particulary strong, but different), also while roaming. Examples of gameplay:

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Actually, after this patch i never roamed with mace/shield. Now I find it quite passable weapon combo for roaming build despite it does not have much use against teabagging classes

I use axe 4 so much to close gap, and staff for escaping that I can't really justify using the shield, no matter how much I want to.

@"Buran.3796" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAVmnfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcsklZli9FuhfQNAOgF4fBnwME-jlSAQBRUdHAu/wHV+9hjAAAeAAyUJYA1FwhLAwDVJAdHCgAAIAG6QH6QH6Q77ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCYRlVA-w

Shiro + Mallyx shortbow/staff. 90% of the time spent in Shiro with short bow as the main source of damage. Did use this build along my first 50 matches in PvP season 13 (not particulary strong, but different), also while roaming. Examples of gameplay:

Keep up the good work

Archived