Add another choice other than "Offer Mercy" in Deadeye instance

Yeah this forced offer mercy "choice" really wasn't very appropriate for this story I think. The choice we should have had was a personality reaction to her before we let her go so that we can either express ferocity, charm, or dignity. Our PC recognizes her as one of the people Aurene already trusts so we feel obligated to show her mercy but we can still react in a number of ways that don't affect her being at Aurene's side.

@AlenaVolkova.8179 said:After all the troubles that little snot put me through, I demand her blood to be splattered all over the place.

Eventually, our commander will always figure out a way to solve a problem, with or without certain characters.

The commander already did that. It didn't work.

We are not in that timeline. Everyone dies in that timeline.

We are in the timeline in which she lives and helps.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@AlenaVolkova.8179 said:After all the troubles that little snot put me through, I demand her blood to be splattered all over the place.

Eventually, our commander will always figure out a way to solve a problem, with or without certain characters.

She was in the second vision, maybe more. Her living doesn't appear to help at all. Whatever may turn the tide for us, she's not it.

@Palador.2170 said:

She was in the second vision, maybe more. Her living doesn't appear to help at all. Whatever may turn the tide for us, she's not it.

I seriously doubt one thing will be the thing that helps.

You have to gather all the things and use them right. Then you get a result you could never get with the things separately.

Unity makes strength.

@Palador.2170 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:I personally wasn't feeling all that inclined towards mercy as I ran past the corpses of Pact troops in order to get to her.

I have to agree. That's a dozen or so innocent people dead just because she was having emotional issues. You don't get to just handwave that.

That is one of many, many plotholes in this story. We cannot decide anything in these stories (since the ls started) anymore. It's just a like a bad netflix series.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:I personally wasn't feeling all that inclined towards mercy as I ran past the corpses of Pact troops in order to get to her.

I have to agree. That's a dozen or so innocent people dead just because she was having emotional issues. You don't get to just handwave that.

That is one of many, many plotholes in this story. We cannot decide anything in these stories (since the ls started) anymore. It's just a like a bad netflix series.

Cant really "decide" things in the core story either anymore, the only meaningful choice is which order you choose, and after that its one single route, they cut quite a few missions from the core story.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:I personally wasn't feeling all that inclined towards mercy as I ran past the corpses of Pact troops in order to get to her.

Cant really "decide" things in the core story either anymore, the only meaningful choice is which order you choose, and after that its one single route, they cut quite a few missions from the core story.

Really, you mean after the game released? I know that the story had a lot of bottlenecks where every choice you made ended in the same story instance, but at least you had some degree of choice. Now you basicly just run along the rest of the npcs and attack who or whatever turns red... oh and ofc you still have to press F sometimes so the npcs dialog continues.

Yes, the ending to that scenario did seem a bit rushed and 'preferential' did it not?Might be too late for an alteration, but I'd vote for a follow-up; some kind of 'hazing' or 'prove your worth' type quest. I mean, all the story has for us thus far regarding Miss 'Murder Deadeye' is a short bit in a cut scene -- "I saw you in a two second dream-vision thing. You are going to help us." That doesn't pose for much story depth in my opinion.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:I wonder if Price wrote this part.

She probably did, it fits her narrative

C'mon, don't you grow tired of continuously bashing her? It's really growing old. Zafirah is an interesting character and the writing was fine. Geez.

@"The Bassist.5410" said:Yes, the ending to that scenario did seem a bit rushed

That is true, though. There should have been another story instance following up for the Commander to "befriend" her. I had the feeling that this might have been shortened due to time restrains.

I sure hope she doesn't get a 'get out of jail free' card for it though. Even Canach with his noble efforts and reasonings still got punished and sent to jail AND had to do essentially community service for the Shining Blade.

She can 'help' all they want, but as soon as it's done; I would expect her to be properly punished for it and not be given an invitation to Dragon's Watch just for participation.She still murdered people and I'd be extremely disappointed if the cast just shrugs that off like it was nothing.

Archived