Tactical Cheating

binidj.5734

Maybe a weirder way they can make ewp work is have a message show in team chat and if a certain number of people click on it, then the ewp will be enabled. For example, someone pulls ewp at eb keep, the following message will be displayed in team chat:** Nickname has pulled emergency waypoint@ewp_location on map_location ewp_linkIf enough people click the ewp link (number is up to debate), the ewp is activated, otherwise it doesn't activate nor go on cooldown. This will at least cut down troll pulls at the cost of needing a certain number of ppl for collective activation. Just an alternative idea anyways. Maybe 3-5 ppl is enough to justify activation?

@binidj.5734 said:

True, but have you seen those dedicated trolls? They travel far and wide to do what they love doing lol.

I would like to test their dedication though, make it as hard as possible for them ... get rid of the casual trolls.

Want to make their life hard? Set tactics to private use, stand next to them and do a silly /laugh.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Or maybe they have to be on the map for a certain amount of time, say 30-60 min before they can pull any tactics. At least that way we wouldn't have the issue of troll jumping on, popping all tactics then the zerg running in shortly after.

We have a couple scouts who watch multiple maps. That would effectively neuter them.

Looking at maps, seeing a keep contested, running and checking it and not being able to pull tactics would be better serverd by eliminating tactics altogether.

Being able to use tactics could be a WvW ability line.Depending on your rank on the mastery, you are able to use more tactics.Since there's tons and tons of unused WvW ability points, and WvW veterans have points to spare, that could be used to limit which tactics people can use.Higher ranks of the WvW ability would be required for the tactics are the particularly annoying when used randomly like emergency waypoint or Chilling Fog, while lower ranks would be used for tactics that are not that harmful when used by a random player like Minor Supply Drop or Dune Roller.

I'd start with a cost of 100 points for the first rank, and have 5 ranks:

• Rank 1: 50 points - Can use tactics if part of the guild or alliance that controls the location, or if given lieutenant rank in a squad lead by a member of the guild or alliance controlling the location.
  • Rank 2: +100 (150 total) - Can use utility tactics if set to public.
    • Minor supply drop
    • Invulnerable Dolyaks
    • Dune Roller
  • Rank 3: +200 (250 total) Can use banner tactics set to public
    • Centaur Banner
    • Turtle Banner
    • Dragon Banner
  • Rank 4 : +250 (500 total) Defensive tactics
    • Chilling Fog
    • Invulnerable Fortifications
    • Airship Defense
  • Rank 5: +500 (1000 total) Can use Emergency Waypoints.

This way, members of a guild controlling a location would still be able to use the tactics even if they don't have the points in the highest ability, and only veterans with enough rank would be able to use them when set to public.

Once Alliances are in place, it'd be better if locations could have a better way to choose who can use the tactics:

• Public
  • Your world only (for Edge of the Mists)
  • Guild members
  • Alliance members
  • Leader and lieutenants (requires to have a squad tied to the location)
  • Assigned individual (Can only be selected by officials with WvW permissions)

How about having three or four randomised locations within the Inner keep for the Emergency Waypoint. When its pulled one of them lights up, but ONLY for Friendly players. The Enemy cannot see it.

If people drop in, the enemy zerg have to split to cover each one and there is no guarantee that they will be covering the right one. If they split their zerg and camp each of the EWP locations they've got no idea how many people are incoming and hence could get wiped at that spot.

The Emergency WP should not be the same location as the normal uncontested WP (which is obviously contested when the enemy are present).

@"Optimator.3589" said:Since Anet seems disinclined to do anything about this situation, I have a simple solution. Well, maybe not a solution, but it gives me lulz. :When I know who it is that keeps pulling tacts, I "reward" them by mailing all my worthless green and yellow runes to them. :trollface:

You know there is a return to sender button, right? :)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Optimator.3589" said:Since Anet seems disinclined to do anything about this situation, I have a simple solution. Well, maybe not a solution, but it gives me lulz. :When I know who it is that keeps pulling tacts, I "reward" them by mailing all my worthless green and yellow runes to them. :trollface:

You know there is a return to sender button, right? :)

Yep. But it still gets that junk out of my bags for a little bit and possibly annoys the other person, so it's all good.

Archived