Voting about PVP titles

Bazooka.3590

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Titles will be back for next season.

<3

Are they the same titles or new ones?

They are the same. I just made the call this morning and I wanted to get it by next season, so there isn't time to design/get editing for new titles. I still feel the titles are too similar, post 1st and 2nd place, so we
might
change them in the future.

Pls do not rush it and make thiungs worse... Better wait another season and bring back new titles later (next season will be over christmas, it is a season ppl will have other stuff to do than ranked anyway), pls don't give us the old ones to devalue them even more... i mean it shouldn't need a lot of time to create 7 new title names. Maybe the programming need some time but when you bring them the season after the next instead it should be enough time or not? Also will duo q stay or not? I hope at least that get removed before

People won't que ranked if there's no actual rewards like titles.

At the beginning of the season, there was an influx of players looking to finally be able to play with their friends again. However, a lot of them stopped quing consistently because there was nothing to play for.

That is why i said it is christmas season, that is the one season in the year ppl have to do other stuff anyway, at least the ones with a real life. No need to rush into that season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bravan.3876 said:

<3

They are the same. I just made the call this morning and I wanted to get it by next season, so there isn't time to design/get editing for new titles. I still feel the titles are too similar, post 1st and 2nd place, so we
might

Pls do not rush it and make thiungs worse... Better wait another season and bring back new titles later (next season will be over christmas, it is a season ppl will have other stuff to do than ranked anyway), pls don't give us the old ones to devalue them even more... i mean it shouldn't need a lot of time to create 7 new title names. Maybe the programming need some time but when you bring them the season after the next instead it should be enough time or not? Also will duo q stay or not? I hope at least that get removed before

At the beginning of the season, there was an influx of players looking to finally be able to play with their friends again. However, a lot of them stopped quing consistently because there was nothing to play for.

That is why i said it is christmas season, that is the one season in the year ppl have to do other stuff anyway, at least the ones with a real life. No need to rush into that season.

Personally, I don't think that's a good reason to delay titles. But that's just my opinion. They shouldn't take months to introduce new titles simply because it's the holiday season lol

<3

might

Personally, I think that isn't a very good reason to delay titles. But that's just my opinion. You shouldn't take months to introduce new titles simply because it's the holiday season lol

Ben said they need longer for that so they can't give new titles in the upcoming season. I don't wanna see the old titles coming back and i think the christmas season is the best season to wait it out. Duo q in now (and still) low population will devalue the already not very impressive titles down to zero.

<3

might

Personally, I think that isn't a very good reason to delay titles. But that's just my opinion. You shouldn't take months to introduce new titles simply because it's the holiday season lol

Ben said they need longer for that so they can't give new titles. in the upcoming season I don't wanna see the old titles coming back and i think the christmas season is the best season to wait it out. Duo q in now (and still) low population will devalue the already not very impressive titles down to zero.

Yeah but I'd rather work for old titles that I don't have rather than not play the game at all because there's still no incentive to que.

Not to mention, titles are still impressive. The same players who were at the top when it was solo que only are at the top when there's duo que. People act like gold players are placing in the top 10. This isn't the case and wintrading has been significantly lessened as a result of duo que.

<3

might

Ben said they need longer for that so they can't give new titles. in the upcoming season I don't wanna see the old titles coming back and i think the christmas season is the best season to wait it out. Duo q in now (and still) low population will devalue the already not very impressive titles down to zero.

Yeah but I'd rather work for old titles that I don't have rather than not play the game at all because there's still no incentive to que.

Not to mention, titles are still impressive. The same players who were at the top when it was solo que only are at the top when there's duo que. People act like gold players are placing in the top 10. This isn't the case and wintrading has been significantly lessened as a result of duo que.

No not gold player, but it will push some top 100 player into top 25/ 10, not because of skill improvement, just because they have good duos (incl class synergy). To get into top 25 solo will be like 20000 times the effort of a duo player or even impossible as a solo player.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:Wait what? If there are no titles now what do we even get out of PvP. I honestly can't find any motivation to improve anymore...

kitten I hadn't heard about this till now. Who the kitten came up with the idea of un-rewarding ranked pvp?!

You have your reward track and during the season the ranked reward track....You can get legendary armor from pvp...Are these rewards not enough?

What good are those for me or others like me? I can make a full ascended set of items from each stat on a whim. Rewards like these mean nothing to me.

I voted no because there is no mention of why they were removed in the first place and what is being done to resolve the initial problem. I fully support the idea of pvp rewards like titles or skins but the pvp community will continue to decrease if match manipulation isn't met with severe consequences. The future and longevity of any system is dependent on it's inner balance and overall levels of integrity so what I would really like to vote for are rewards that are implemented in a strategic way where people cannot cheat to achieve them.

A challenge for Anet perhaps ? Maybe, but I think it's very feasible and just imagine the influx of pve players trying to hunt down unique pvp rewards through challenges that aren't limited only to your win/lose ratio scores, the same way professional sports player stats aren't only limited to how many games they've won or lost = ].

Ok i gotta know just for shits and giggles, what was the point of getting rid of them just to bring them back? I mean i will be honest i don't care one way or another, but please tell me that your decision making processes aren't this random and indecisive.

You make a decision, some whiners on this board cry, so you reverse it? Its not just this issue either. Makes it hard to trust that their was ever any long term vision for this game at all other than your cash store (of which I no longer make purchases from due to the poor state of the game)

Titles only entices toxicity when applied to a randomly generated scenario like soloq in GW2, you created the very reason why titles were removed in the first place. Soloq in GW2 is no better than Random Arena ,with gladiators titles, in GW1 , here the real prestige was in the GvG gamemode where equally skilled teams were fightning for the top positions.

Titles if any should have been applied only to premade 5vs5 gamemode

I got rank 130 for the first time ever at the end of the season with rating 1605. Now I will have an incentive to keep improving to obtain the title next season.

Thank you so much for bringing titles back.

Also, thank you for the specialization display icon that allows players to view what specialization everyone picked. :)

Can you guys think of a better reward than a Large PvP potion lol? 2000 reward track progress is really "unrewarding" .

At least titles are coming back which is sincerely the best motivation for me to keep playing. Thank you :)

Archived