Voting about PVP titles

Bazooka.3590

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Arlette.9684 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Titles will be back for next season.

I hope you have some sort of system in place for it to counteract the reasons why you removed them in the first place.

"No, we just realised nobody really cares anymore and this is the easiest way out."

They did mean quite few when scourge was ridiculously dominant. They will just keep losing their value. That's why I don't even bother showing my titles anymore, not for several seasons actually.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

I hope you have some sort of system in place for it to counteract the reasons why you removed them in the first place.

"No, we just realised nobody really cares anymore and this is the easiest way out."

They did mean quite few when scourge was ridiculously dominant. They will just keep losing their value. That's why I don't even bother showing my titles anymore, not for several seasons actually.

The PvP titles in general have been diluted so much over the last 5 seasons (prolly more, but I'm being optimistic) that I'm proudly wearing my "Mist Runner" title as opposed to Indomitable Legend.

• ArenaNet Staff

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Titles will be back for next season.

<3

Are they the same titles or new ones?

They are the same. I just made the call this morning and I wanted to get it by next season, so there isn't time to design/get editing for new titles. I still feel the titles are too similar, post 1st and 2nd place, so we might change them in the future.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

<3

They are the same. I just made the call this morning and I wanted to get it by next season, so there isn't time to design/get editing for new titles. I still feel the titles are too similar, post 1st and 2nd place, so we
might
change them in the future.

Any chance to maybe narrow down the title range? I think 250 currently is a bit too much. 150 could work out better while having higher value.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Scrach my previous response, I think you might be right on the money. Another day, another disappointment.

<3

They are the same. I just made the call this morning and I wanted to get it by next season, so there isn't time to design/get editing for new titles. I still feel the titles are too similar, post 1st and 2nd place, so we
might

If they're changed, will people that already have them get title updates? Not trying to regrind for a title I got in the past

@"mrauls.6519" said:

<3

might

If they're changed, will people that already have them get title updates? Not trying to regrind for a title I got in the past

Hope not.

@MikeL.8260 said:Wait what? If there are no titles now what do we even get out of PvP. I honestly can't find any motivation to improve anymore...

kitten I hadn't heard about this till now. Who the kitten came up with the idea of un-rewarding ranked pvp?!

You have your reward track and during the season the ranked reward track....You can get legendary armor from pvp...Are these rewards not enough?

<3

might

HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF CREATING NEW TITLES, BRING BACK LEGEND LEAGUE AND 5 MAN QUEUE, REMEMBER WHY GW2 PVP WAS EVEN POPULAR?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

I show my Kingslayer pve achieve over my pvp ones nowadays lol

@"Allarius.5670" said:Where is the "I don't care" option? Also, "No - I like to play for no reward" comes across as misleading considering there are rewards for playing and someone may consider play reward in itself. Maybe it should have been more neutral and matter of fact like the positive option, something like "No - Please do not bring back PvP titles".

The "I don't care" option is not voting.

<3

might

Pls do not rush it and make things worse... Better wait another season and bring back new titles later (next season will be over christmas, it is a season ppl will have other stuff to do than ranked anyway), pls don't give us the old ones to devalue them even more... i mean it shouldn't need a lot of time to create 7 new title names. Maybe the programming need some time but when you bring them the season after the next instead it should be enough time or not? Also will duo q stay or not? I hope at least that get removed before

@bravan.3876 said:

<3

might

Pls do not rush it and make thiungs worse... Better wait another season and bring back new titles later (next season will be over christmas, it is a season ppl will have other stuff to do than ranked anyway), pls don't give us the old ones to devalue them even more... i mean it shouldn't need a lot of time to create 7 new title names. Maybe the programming need some time but when you bring them the season after the next instead it should be enough time or not? Also will duo q stay or not? I hope at least that get removed before

People won't que ranked if there's no actual rewards like titles.

At the beginning of the season, there was an influx of players looking to finally be able to play with their friends again. However, a lot of them stopped quing consistently because there was nothing to play for.

Like me for example. I played around 20 games, had a lot of fun matches, then stopped. There's no reason to work hard (yes, even with duo que) for nothing except the gold you gain per match.

In my opinion, I would like new titles. However, delaying their re-introduction is a bad idea imo. Ideally, I would like the rewards to include ascended armor/weapon chest boxes with exclusive skins for the top 10. THAT would be a very good incentive and help increase competition.

Archived