Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just by happen stance got a fresh map with the HP that I needed in a fresh un-activated state. Immediately after credit was given the HP went back directly into a bugged state without another player activating it and leaving. So it triggered the un-activatable case after completion on the HP I just finished. HP-Titus Gearclaw in Plains of Ashford for reference.Hope this helps others.@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793

Hello,I was trying to do map completion last two days and encountered two hero point bugs in two different mapsPlains Of Ashford near Tela Range called centurion titus gearclaw hero challenge and the hero point in Metrica Province near Loch Jezt called utcua hero challenge.It is bugged since last 2 days and I asked my buddies and guildies to try and activate it and it does not respond to other players as well. There are several new players gathered around these two hero points who got no idea what to do because the event seems running but there is no creep or champ spawn.Its safe to say bug is global.Please fix it.Thanks.

@Lilodelacroix.8714 said:and once again, no communication, no fix, no kitten given.Anet's handling of this situation is, once again, the worst.

Are you blind mate or just dident bother to read the thread?

No communication?

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

according to that fix is done the quality assement team is checking if it break something else.

Once that is done next content update will bring it into the game how is that the worst?

@"SpinDashMaster.5680" said:

Because, to be fair, it's not "progression-stopping" in any sense of the term. Leveling to 80 gives you all the hero points you need to fully rank up all core specializations. The only things Tyrian Hero Challenges really do for the player is accelerate the process slightly. As for elite specializations, hero points in expansion maps are the desired places to earn Hero Points as you earn 10x the amount, and they're not broken.

The only thing being halted is Map completion. That can wait for the next update.

You just contradicted yourself.The progress of map completion is being halted, as well as legendary crafting.

If there was only a problem with one hero challenge it might be considered a small bug, but since there are a few, the problem is multiplied.

I worked on a Help desk for several years in my 40 years of working with computers. Having an outstanding problem for this long was considered a bad thing.

Any hero point that has a nominally 'friendly' NPC will become bugged if someone triggered the challenge and then left before defeating the NPCs. Apparently, the challenge no longer resets to the "unstarted" status.

There are a couple of work-arounds, none that helpful.

• Complete all other challenges then use WvW Notarized Scroll of Heroics to complete a random challenge from those that remain.
  • Wait for a map reset. That happens under rare circumstances. Best way to handle it is to park the character near the challenge and cycle back whenever you have downtime, in hopes that it's reset.
  • Wait for the patch on the 6th of November; hope for a hotfix before that.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Any hero point that has a nominally 'friendly' NPC will become bugged if someone triggered the challenge and then left before defeating the NPCs. Apparently, the challenge no longer resets to the "unstarted" status.

• Complete all other challenges then use WvW Notarized Scroll of Heroics to complete a random challenge from those that remain.
  • Wait for a map reset. That happens under rare circumstances. Best way to handle it is to park the character near the challenge and cycle back whenever you have downtime, in hopes that it's reset.

Please delete the first option you wrote as it simply does not work.I tried it.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Any hero point that has a nominally 'friendly' NPC
will
become bugged if someone triggered the challenge and then left before defeating the NPCs. Apparently, the challenge no longer resets to the "unstarted" status.

• Complete all other challenges then use WvW Notarized Scroll of Heroics to complete a
    random
    challenge from those that remain.

It works, it's just not a very useful option because it selects a random challenge. If you have completed 6 maps, need one challenge on the 7th, and have 18 maps in various states of completion, well, the chances it selects the one you need for that 7th map is slim.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Any hero point that has a nominally 'friendly' NPC
will
become bugged if someone triggered the challenge and then left before defeating the NPCs. Apparently, the challenge no longer resets to the "unstarted" status.

• Complete all other challenges then use WvW Notarized Scroll of Heroics to complete a
    random
    challenge from those that remain.

It works, it's just not a very useful option because it selects a
random
challenge. If you have completed 6 maps, need one challenge on the 7th, and have 18 maps in various states of completion, well, the chances it selects the one you need for that 7th map is slim.

It does NOT work,stop misleading people.I am missing ONE HP from core Tyria and I tried it and it does NOT work.