Raids in 2k18 became farm fiesta. Remove rewards from the old wings finally. And fix it, please

Xar.1387

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read in this forum. The raiding community is already digging its own grave using excessive KP-requirements and often displaying a cancerous pseudo-elitistic toxicity. W1-W4 are fine. It's hard, but you at least somewhat get into them as newbie or person who doesn't has a static. It's W5 and W6 that are problematic health-wise for the game. It's utterly hard to get into them due to KP-requirements (not everyone has the luxury of a static - most statics already demand excessive requirements anyway). For most people, it's more pragmatic to simply buy at least Dhuum and Qadim once rather than doing them themselves, even if they're sufficiently skilled. To be honest, this game wasn't made for raids in the first place anyway. The combat-system is far too rudimentary; that's why ANet has to use a lot of gimmicky stuff in instanced PvE. Don't get me wrong, I like doing raids (when I get into them anyway), but I do think that raids should never be something ANet should really focus on.

Well 1-2 raid wings a year I wouldent say that is focusing on it honestly.

Aye. But one raid per year is sufficient, considering the raiding-community is small to begin with and considering that new wings (W5 onward) are mostly reserved for a small part of the already small community. ANet should rather focus on delivering quality OW-content which is really lacking lately, maybe some new additions to PvP or WvW too.

But its not PvP / WvW game too. Playerbase of this modes is even smaller than Raiding one atm.So why they should do anything more there?

Considering your arguments Anet shouldnt do almost anything here. Just story. Cause its not Raiding game. Not PvP. Not WvW.And every game mode population is relatively small.This way of thinking dont make this game better. Just worse tbh. And makes ppl leave the game

Doing almost nothing cause 'population is low' dont make that population raise.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Xar.1387 said:

@Raizel.8175 said:This is one of the dumbest threads I've ever read in this forum. The raiding community is already digging its own grave using excessive KP-requirements and often displaying a cancerous pseudo-elitistic toxicity. W1-W4 are fine. It's hard, but you at least somewhat get into them as newbie or person who doesn't has a static. It's W5 and W6 that are problematic health-wise for the game. It's utterly hard to get into them due to KP-requirements (not everyone has the luxury of a static - most statics already demand excessive requirements anyway). For most people, it's more pragmatic to simply buy at least Dhuum and Qadim once rather than doing them themselves, even if they're sufficiently skilled. To be honest, this game wasn't made for raids in the first place anyway. The combat-system is far too rudimentary; that's why ANet has to use a lot of gimmicky stuff in instanced PvE. Don't get me wrong, I like doing raids (when I get into them anyway), but I do think that raids should never be something ANet should really focus on.

Aye. But one raid per year is sufficient, considering the raiding-community is small to begin with and considering that new wings (W5 onward) are mostly reserved for a small part of the already small community. ANet should rather focus on delivering quality OW-content which is really lacking lately, maybe some new additions to PvP or WvW too.

But its not PvP / WvW game too. Playerbase of this modes is even smaller than Raiding one atm.So why they should do anything more there?

Considering your arguments Anet shouldnt do almost anything here. Just story. Cause its not Raiding game. Not PvP. Not WvW.And every game mode population is relatively small.This way of thinking dont make this game better. Just worse tbh. And makes ppl leave the game

The WvW and PvP playerbase is way bigger than the raiding one lmao what are you talking about? Don't pull random stats out of nowhere. Having queues of 30+ on every map, 90+ on EB on resets means there are at least 400 people playing or wanting to play on my server.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

The WvW and PvP playerbase is way bigger than the raiding one lmao what are you talking about? Don't pull random stats out of nowhere. Having queues of 30+ on every map, 90+ on EB on resets means there are at least 400 people playing or wanting to play on my server.

Yeah. And they had to merge WvW servers because population is 2big. You're right

@Xar.1387 said:

PvP and WvW are core-game-modes and important to the game. The number of players participating in this content is certainly higher than the number of players participating in raids. These gamemodes have been neglected for ages though - unlike raids where you get at least one new wing per year. On the other hand: We still don't have any new PvP-modes besides Conquest and the WvW-restructuring they've announced like... what? ...a year ago still isn't implemented.

Yes, ANet certainly shouldn't focus on developing raids and I say that despite doing raids and enjoying them - even with PUGs. This game was not made for raids to begin with. The shallow combat-system isn't made for sophisticated instanced PvE. It's made for OW-content where you can play the class you want since performance doesn't matter that much. It's just that simple. If you really want ANet to focus more on developing raid-content, then you need a far more welcoming community, some decent QoL-implementations like a decent guild-browser, better reward-structures and some better boss-design (W6 suffers from class-stacking which is just nonsensical game-design). That is what would make the population rise - not more content which is inaccessible to the majority of the playerbase.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

PvP and WvW are core-game-modes and important to the game. The number of players participating in this content is certainly higher than the number of players participating in raids. These gamemodes have been neglected for ages though - unlike raids where you get at least one new wing per year. On the other hand: We still don't have any new PvP-modes besides Conquest and the WvW-restructuring they've announced like... what? ...a year ago still isn't implemented.

Yes, ANet certainly shouldn't focus on developing raids and I say that despite doing raids and enjoying them - even with PUGs. This game was not made for raids to begin with. The shallow combat-system isn't made for sophisticated instanced PvE. It's made for OW-content where you can play the class you want since performance doesn't matter that much. It's just that simple. If you really want ANet to focus more on developing raid-content, then you need a far more welcoming community, some decent QoL-implementations like a decent guild-browser, better reward-structures and some better boss-design (W6 suffers from class-stacking which is just nonsensical game-design). That is what would make the population rise - not more content which is inaccessible to the majority of the playerbase.

It’s certainly possible that they could cap Raids at 8 wings like dungeons and then focus on a few CMs once fractals are finished.

@Xar.1387 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

Yeah. And they had to merge WvW servers because population is 2big. You're right

You just disqualified yourself for any further talk on this topic. My god, how narrowminded can you be.

Coverage =/= Population

And sure, some servers ARE small, not everything can be stacked. Not an argument though, since they get linked for that reason.

Have a wonderful time.

@Tyson.5160 said:It’s certainly possible that they could cap Raids at 8 wings like dungeons and then focus on a few CMs once fractals are finished.

This won't work because Raids are expansion content, each expansion has a different set of Raids. Heart of Thorns has 4 Raid Wings, Path of Fire has 2 Raid Wings, it's quite possible to have 4 Raid Wings per expansion. The idea of a Raid cap is ridiculous

@"Raizel.8175" said:PvP and WvW are core-game-modes and important to the game.

The main issue with and PVP and WVW is exactly this... they are core game modes that you can play without ever buying an expansion. I believe that's one of the main reasons those game modes have been mostly neglected, they cannot be monetized. And no, Elite Specs aren't "enough", you can play the game modes without using elite specs, yes you will be at a disadvantage, but you won't be blocked from participating. You can even play the game modes as a free player.

What's a bit puzzling is the amount of effort put into Fractals, which are also core content that is not monetized, and certainly get way more attention than PVP/WVW.

@banshee.9328 said:-> Farm fiesta-> Getting 2g +random exo per boss once per week

kkthxbye

The selling is out of hand though, have you seen how bad this is compared to fractals? There aren't any selling there anymore because everyone has to do the mechanics since they cannot be skipped in 100CM, I still consider Ark harder than any raid boss outside Dhuum.

Edit: I think myself that it would be really funny to see how many people doing raids are buying clears, just to see how much are doing the content themselves.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

The main issue with and PVP and WVW is exactly this... they are
core
game modes that you can play without ever buying an expansion. I believe that's one of the main reasons those game modes have been mostly neglected, they cannot be monetized. And no, Elite Specs aren't "enough", you can play the game modes without using elite specs, yes you will be at a disadvantage, but you won't be blocked from participating. You can even play the game modes as a free player.

What's a bit puzzling is the amount of effort put into Fractals, which are also core content that is not monetized, and certainly get way more attention than PVP/WVW.

But for high level fractals you need agony. And without expansion you dont gave masteries (so no singularity and no atuned/infused equipment) so you lose 5 out of 18 infusion slots.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:The main issue with and PVP and WVW is exactly this... they are
core
game modes that you can play without ever buying an expansion. I believe that's one of the main reasons those game modes have been mostly neglected, they cannot be monetized. And no, Elite Specs aren't "enough", you can play the game modes without using elite specs, yes you will be at a disadvantage, but you won't be blocked from participating. You can even play the game modes as a free player.

But for high level fractals you need agony. And without expansion you dont gave masteries (so no singularity and no atuned/infused equipment) so you lose 5 out of 18 infusion slots.

You need the mastery to get infused equipment? Infused gear pre-dates expansions so I find it weird, I had loads of infused items long before Heart of Thorns was even released. Attuned yes, you can't get that without the mastery. Even without the mastery, you can get maximum AR, but it will be more expensive. Of course you'll lose the extra rewards from the mastery but you will be missing rewards in PVP/WVW as well, you can't access the reward tracks of expansions without having the appropriate expansion for example. Yes you will be at a disadvantage without expansions, but you can at least access the content, this isn't true for Raids for example, each expansion has its own set of Wings.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

core

Just using monetization as argument is kinda silly and not really healthy for the game. I mean, just look at the gaming industry as a whole. Just look at how many studios died due to building games around their respective cash shop. Really valuable IPs like Mass Effect got killed off for good because of that nonsense. I dare say it would be healthier for the game if they give PvP and WvW some love. That way, the game may attract people who like PvP/WvW or at least the game won't lose people due to the lack of PvP/WvW-content.

By your logic, fractals kinda can be monetized - at least if people want to do everything, meaning also 99/100 CM. Chrono ist just too broken OP in PvE-content.

Anyway, I do think games need a strong fundament and that ANet is basically killing off PvP/WvW by simply neglecting that content is stupid on their part.

@Amineo.8951 said:

@banshee.9328 said:-> Farm fiesta-> Getting 2g +random exo per boss once per week

kkthxbye

(...)There aren't any selling there anymore because everyone has to do the mechanics since they cannot be skipped in 100CM(...)You may find fractal CMs sellers with no problems. LNHB is buyable title.Still I don't see any correlation between what I wrote and your answer ;) Ppl are buying raids because of collections, APs etc. and it has nothing to do with weekly boss rewards which are shitty considering time spending and efficiency in comparison to any farm like SW or fractals daily.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:The main issue with and PVP and WVW is exactly this... they are
core

You need the mastery to get infused equipment? Infused gear pre-dates expansions so I find it weird, I had loads of infused items long before Heart of Thorns was even released. Attuned yes, you can't get that without the mastery. Even without the mastery, you can get maximum AR, but it will be more expensive. Of course you'll lose the extra rewards from the mastery but you will be missing rewards in PVP/WVW as well, you can't access the reward tracks of expansions without having the appropriate expansion for example. Yes you will be at a disadvantage without expansions, but you can at least access the content, this isn't true for Raids for example, each expansion has its own set of Wings.

You are right. But you cannot use infusion golem so you have to buy infusions from TP. And if you are f2p i think you cannot do that.

@Raizel.8175 said:Just using monetization as argument is kinda silly and not really healthy for the game. I mean, just look at the gaming industry as a whole. Just look at how many studios died due to building games around their respective cash shop. Really valuable IPs like Mass Effect got killed off for good because of that nonsense. I dare say it would be healthier for the game if they give PvP and WvW some love. That way, the game may attract people who like PvP/WvW or at least the game won't lose people due to the lack of PvP/WvW-content.

By your logic, fractals kinda can be monetized - at least if people want to do everything, meaning also 99/100 CM. Chrono ist just too broken OP in PvE-content.

Anyway, I do think games need a strong fundament and that ANet is basically killing off PvP/WvW by simply neglecting that content is stupid on their part.

I'm sorry I didn't word it properly. I don't think PVP and WVW should remain like this, without attention because they cannot be as easily monetized. I'd love for PVP and WVW to get way more attention, I play both those game modes a lot, especially PVP. I gave a reason, as to why I think PVP and WVW do not get as much attention, not that I like, or approve, of said reason.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

core

Fractals are core content only theoretically. Remember, that without fractal masteries (which are locked behind buying an expansion) you have lowered rewards, harder access to AR and lower bonuses from pots. Anyone running fractals on frequent basis would be encouraged to "upgrade", even if that is not strictly required.

Sometimes, soft enticement can be way more succesful than hard restrictions.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Fractals are core content only theoretically. Remember, that without fractal masteries (which are locked behind buying an expansion) you have lowered rewards, harder access to AR and lower bonuses from pots. Anyone running fractals on frequent basis would be encouraged to "upgrade", even if that is not strictly required.

Sometimes, soft enticement can be way more succesful than hard restrictions.

Anyone that wants to be successful in PVP/WVW will need the expansion in order to stay competitive using elite specs, then you'll be soundly beaten by those using elite specs and be "enticed" to buy an expansion (or some on the forums and complain about overpowered elite specs). I call them core content because you aren't barred from playing if you don't have an expansion. There are restrictions of course.

Besides that, technically you need only ONE of the expansions for the rewards and the AR, you don't need to buy Path of Fire or any future expansions once you buy Heart of Thorns.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:It’s certainly possible that they could cap Raids at 8 wings like dungeons and then focus on a few CMs once fractals are finished.

This won't work because Raids are expansion content, each expansion has a different set of Raids. Heart of Thorns has 4 Raid Wings, Path of Fire has 2 Raid Wings, it's quite possible to have 4 Raid Wings per expansion. The idea of a Raid cap is ridiculous

Who knows. He may be right tbh. Current system of rewards in raids can lead to this after all. Just 8 active raiding wings to farm. Noone said 3rd expansion is going to focus on raids too. Maybe Anet will focus on WvW more? Maybe PvP again? Or something else. Just story mby. With HoT we got lege armor. PoF - lege trinkets. Lege weapons already exist. Back too. So what could be next? And amount of active raids still raises. So it can also stop them cause they will figure someday that there's already enough raids in GW2. And they dont need more. Sad hypothesis but it may happen

IMO current way of developing raids (farm fiesta) may make it happen. And that's also one of reasons I created this thread

@"Xar.1387" said:Who knows. He may be right tbh. Current system of rewards in raids can lead to this after all. Just 8 active raiding wings to farm. Noone said 3rd expansion is going to focus on raids too. Maybe Anet will focus on WvW more? Maybe PvP again? Or something else. Just story mby. With HoT we got lege armor. PoF - lege trinkets. Lege weapons already exist. Back too. So what could be next? And amount of active raids still raises. So it can also stop them cause they will figure someday that there's already enough raids in GW2. And they dont need more. Sad hypothesis but it may happen

IMO current way of developing raids (farm fiesta) may make it happen. And that's also one of reasons I created this thread

Maybe we'll get an Amulet or an Accessory. Or maybe another Armor set, who knows what we'll get. Even weapons could be on the list, after all Gen 2 will be done very soon, maybe Gen 3 weapons will be in future Raids or something. I don't think "what could be next?" is any kind of reason not to continue developing Raids. The team that deals with WVW, the team that deals with PVP are separate to the the Raid team. I don't see any reason not to continue releasing Raids for future expansions

@Xar.1387 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

Lmao this guy. Servers never were merged. Low population severes get LINKED to high populated once, so everyone can get fair fights. Next time you speak of something, make sure you know the subject.If this game was about raids, you won't be abbe to craft gear and get trinkets from OW. You would be raiding for it and god forbit rolling dyce on a single peace between 10 raider members.

@phs.6089 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

Lmao this guy. Servers never were merged. Low population severes get LINKED to high populated once, so everyone can get fair fights. Next time you speak of something, make sure you know the subject.If this game was about raids, you won't be abbe to craft gear and get trinkets from OW. You would be raiding for it and god forbit rolling dyce on a single peace between 10 raider members.

<.<

Merged / linked / united / connected / fused / ...

WHATEVER. Rly

Anyway those servers will be removed in the future

@Xar.1387 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

@Xar.1387 said:

<.<

Merged / linked / united / connected / fused / ...

WHATEVER. Rly

Ill try to explain you. You see population of a server does nothing with wvw players on it. It's overall population from eprs to spvps.Servers are linked not because there isn't enough wvw players but to give the chance to those that are on low populated servers have same opportunity in wvw.

Archived