Mirage cloak while CC'd... are you serious?

KurokawaKazuma.8641

@Crinn.7864 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:This is a recipe for the remaining mesmer mains to all tumble out of the top 250 despite how they're currently the second lowest represented only above ele.

I'm calling BS on this. the data necessary to make that claim isn't available to players.

If you're playing at a certain level you know every players around your level so let's say your top 30-50 you probably know every players from top 1 to top 100-150, wich enable people to know what classes are represented the most within that range.

Funny how many people think mirage is busted, then they go try n play it themselves and they suck at it. What's the common variable there? Not understanding how to play around the mechanics of mirage.

Like others have mentioned, just watch the buff bar on the mirage for the cloak boon & super speed. Then also on your own buff bar for confusion/torment and stow your weapons/stop moving accordingly.

Stop nerfing mirage. I've had to switch to playing condi mirage since power mirage (which i think is way more fun) isn't very viable anymore.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:What's hurting Mirage is that after a year of nerfs nibbling away at the margines in every area of the class have caught up to mirageand left a number classes who have remained relatively unscathed or even buffed, notably holosmith, boonbeast and spellbreaker, and able to run rough shot over the ladder. It doesn't help that boonbeast is easily the strongest side noder in the game, directly competes against Mirage as a side noder, is overtuned enough to always see 2-4.of them every single platinum game, and hard counters mirage about as hard as a build can counter another build in this game.

But none of that means Mirage is weak.It has a hard counter that is as common as Mirage.Making it like the second strongest class, as the strongest one is a direct counter to it.(totally not sure what the power ratings from class to class are atm, take that as an example)

Why it's the least represented is because nobody likes playing mesmer. I know I never did.

Also mesmer is middle of the road in player population overall. Less played than warriors, guardians and rangers among the player population. About the same as thieves, eles and necros. Revanents are 2nd to last and Engineers are last when it comes to players.

And Anet HAS released those statistics. So arguing player population for Mirage's low representation doesn't cut it.

1. Guardian, Warrior, Ranger 12%
  2. Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, Thief 11%
  3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

@Stallic.2397 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Dont worry next expansions will have invulns on dodge or nuke drops on dodge.

Dodge roll towards an enemy and one-shot them

Mine Sweeper Holosmiths were doing exactly that when POF launched.

@Sampson.2403 said:Funny how many people think mirage is busted, then they go try n play it themselves and they suck at it. What's the common variable there? Not understanding how to play around the mechanics of mirage.

Like others have mentioned, just watch the buff bar on the mirage for the cloak boon & super speed. Then also on your own buff bar for confusion/torment and stow your weapons/stop moving accordingly.

Stop nerfing mirage. I've had to switch to playing condi mirage since power mirage (which i think is way more fun) isn't very viable anymore.

Power mirage is as viable as it can be. Its just not god mode now and needs high level of skill. Try playing other classes and go back to condi mirage to feel the difference between god and peasants. Obviously you will feel it if you are skilled. A pleb wont understand the difference.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:Funny how many people think mirage is busted, then they go try n play it themselves and they suck at it. What's the common variable there? Not understanding how to play around the mechanics of mirage.

Power mirage is as viable as it can be. Its just not god mode now and needs high level of skill. Try playing other classes and go back to condi mirage to feel the difference between god and peasants. Obviously you will feel it if you are skilled. A pleb wont understand the difference.

I don't think condi mirage is god mode but it is very easy to play.

@Sampson.2403 said:

I dont agree with you. Mirage IS god mode in this game. Sheer amount of sustain is sickening. And relentless condi bombs that tick 1/4 of your hp every second. Oof.

@XECOR.2814 said:

I dont agree with you. Mirage IS god mode in this game. Sheer amount of sustain is sickening. And relentless condi bombs that tick 1/4 of your hp every second. Oof.

What sustain? You know there's a difference between the terms survivability and sustain right? Mirage has high active survivability and very low sustain.

If you look at the four main side noding builds right now, Holosmith, Boonbeast, Spellbreaker, and Soulbeast all of them have leagues more self healing than Condi Mirage on top of better ways of handling being heavily loaded with conditions that Mirage actually can't deal with very well at all. That's actual sustain. And aside from portaling out, which is almost a waste of portal, all of them have similar levels of disengage as Mirage.

@XECOR.2814 said:

A mirage Condi bomb ticking 25% of your hp every second means that you are failing to stow weapons and stop moving when you have confusion/torment stacked on you.

That is 100% a l2p issue and does not make condi mirage OP. I mean, the counter play is LITERALLY to just go AFK my good friend :-)

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:What's hurting Mirage is that after a year of nerfs nibbling away at the margines in every area of the class have caught up to mirageand left a number classes who have remained relatively unscathed or even buffed, notably holosmith, boonbeast and spellbreaker, and able to run rough shot over the ladder. It doesn't help that boonbeast is easily the strongest side noder in the game, directly competes against Mirage as a side noder, is overtuned enough to always see 2-4.of them every single platinum game, and hard counters mirage about as hard as a build can counter another build in this game.

But none of that means Mirage is weak.It has a hard counter that is as common as Mirage.Making it like the second strongest class, as the strongest one is a direct counter to it.(totally not sure what the power ratings from class to class are atm, take that as an example)

Why it's the least represented is because nobody likes playing mesmer. I know I never did.

Also mesmer is middle of the road in player population overall. Less played than warriors, guardians and rangers among the player population. About the same as thieves, eles and necros. Revanents are 2nd to last and Engineers are last when it comes to players.

And Anet HAS released those statistics. So arguing player population for Mirage's low representation doesn't cut it.
  3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

@sephiroth.4217 said:Dont worry next expansions will have invulns on dodge or nuke drops on dodge.

Those stats aren't relevant because those are the stats from Guild Wars 2 overall and not PvP, and most people play pve so that's not representative at all.As proof in your stats engineer is the least represented class while in PvP it might be the most represented.

@everyman.4375 said:

3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

Those stats aren't relevant because those are the stats from Guild Wars 2 overall and not PvP, and most people play pve so that's not representative at all.
As proof in your stats engineer is the least represented class while in PvP it might be the most represented

That's not proof of the stats being irrelevant so much as evidence suggesting that Holo is over performing and thus is represented more in platinum tier games than it's population suggests it should be.

Yeah, it's GW2 overall and not just PvP. But people queuing ranked are not likely to be that different from those stats either. There's still likely about 11% of the community queuing as elementalists. It's just they're mostly stuck in gold and silver and you're unlikely to ever see them. There's likely still about 9% of the community queueing ranked as Holosmiths, but Holosmith is way over performing so more and more of them are being carried to Platinum and top 250 rated games.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

Those stats aren't relevant because those are the stats from Guild Wars 2 overall and not PvP, and most people play pve so that's not representative at all.
As proof in your stats engineer is the least represented class while in PvP it might be the most represented

That's not proof of the stats being irrelevant so much as evidence suggesting that Holo is over performing and thus is represented more in platinum tier games than it's population suggests it should be.

It is.-> A large majority of players play PvE-> Engineer has never been the best in PvE (almost)-> So most people don't play engineer

Pvp population being a minority those stats mean nothing.

@everyman.4375 said:

3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Dont worry next expansions will have invulns on dodge or nuke drops on dodge.

It is.-> A large majority of players play PvE-> Engineer has never been the best in PvE (almost)-> So most people don't play engineer

There's always some flavor of the month bandwagoning going on in PvP (Like last season when Anet Ben said Reaper had "one of the highest participation and win ratios in Ranked") but at the end of the day if you're in platinum or the top 250 it's less that you're seeing massive shifts in player class population towards engineer so much as more holosmiths being carried to platinum with a build that is greatly over performing at the moment and muscling out builds with less high win ratios in conquest. Simple as that.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Dont worry next expansions will have invulns on dodge or nuke drops on dodge.

There's always some flavor of the month bandwagoning going on in PvP (Like last season when Anet Ben said Reaper had "one of the highest participation and win ratios in Ranked") but at the end of the day if you're in platinum or the top 250 it's less that you're seeing massive shifts in player class population towards engineer so much as more holosmiths being carried to platinum with a build that is greatly over performing at the moment and muscling out builds with less high win ratios in conquest. Simple as that.

That's not the point, my point was that the stats that you used were worthless.

@everyman.4375 said:

3. Revanent 10%
  4. Engineer 9%

That's not the point, my point was that the stats that you used were worthless.

Even in PvP participation stats are unlikely to stretch too far outside 11% median for any one class, even with people finding some classes under powered and some classes over power and Flavor of the Month. Elite specs you'll likely see more lopsided representation.

@Sampson.2403 said:

A mirage Condi bomb ticking 25% of your hp every second means that you are failing to stow weapons and stop moving when you have confusion/torment stacked on you.

That is 100% a l2p issue and does not make condi mirage OP. I mean, the counter play is LITERALLY to just go AFK my good friend :-)

Keep pretending that being afk will not get you killed in under 3secs.

@XECOR.2814 said:

Ye, I had lots of fun testing this **** of an excuse with my friends. Such ez kills.

mirage cloak is the concept of the class

just like shroud is the concept of necro and like there are 3000 skills in this game that can be used while cced. Your crying isn't even justified cus mirage cloak costs stamina and lasts shorter than literally every cc

on top of that mirage isn't even that good right now

@"mrauls.6519" said:Real talk - I didn't realize until recently that Mirages can still dodge while CC'ed. I thought it was only with the stunbreak trait LOL

a good example of the type of people that qq about mirage

@XECOR.2814 said:

Explain to me how confusion and torment will kill me under 3 seconds if i don't move or use any skills.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:This is a recipe for the remaining mesmer mains to all tumble out of the top 250 despite how they're currently the second lowest represented only above ele.

I'm calling BS on this. the data necessary to make that claim isn't available to players.

I'm generally pretty familiar with what most everyone in the top 250 plays on NA since I've seen the exact same people for over a year now. Can I break down 100% exactly how many games they played in ranked this season per class? No, but I know enough to know what they main. And for some I'm not familiar with in game through experience I'm familiar with them from the forums, necro main.

Almost no one is like WoodenPotatoes and has to play a different build everyday except Koto in my experience.

Anecdotal evidence remains such, until you can provide cold numbers and a credible source.

Archived