Living world Episode 5

orion.8457

@Ayakaru.6583 said:We have an indication that they strife to release an episode within 3 months, but its never a guarantee.Its only happened once that it got over 3 months after it was announced (i think it was the 2nd ep. of this season)

Episode 2 came out almost 4 months after episode 1, episode 3 was over 3 months after episode 2, episode 5 will also come out over 3 months after episode 4. So far they've missed their 2-3 month target more often than they've hit it.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:We have an indication that they strife to release an episode within 3 months, but its never a guarantee.Its only happened once that it got over 3 months after it was announced (i think it was the 2nd ep. of this season)

Episode 2 came out almost 4 months after episode 1, episode 3 was over 3 months after episode 2, episode 5 will also come out over 3 months after episode 4. So far they've missed their 2-3 month target more often than they've hit it.

Which I’m ok with as Epidode 6 will be sometime this Spring and Season 5 starting in the summer.

@Pifil.5193 said:

True, that's why it said 'strife', and not promise.It's only happened once that they announced it and then delayed it

Am I the only one who actually wants a "break" in the story for festivals? I know Anet have tried releasing two things at once a few times but for me it always means picking one to do now and one to leave until later - I was about a month 'late' starting HoT because it was released at the same time as Halloween and I wanted to do that first since it was temporary.

I certainly wouldn't want them to release Episode 5 and Wintersday at the same time, although I know I can leave the story to play later on. I'd prefer each release to get it's own 'window' of time to be the focus instead of trying to dump as much into the game at once as they can.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

True, that's why it said 'strife', and not promise.It's only happened once that they announced it and then delayed it

Well, as they normally only announce it when it's ready to go (a week before they ship it) it's hardly noteworthy that they've only delayed it once after announcing it.

What is noteworthy is that this is the third episode out of five where Mike Zadorojny has released an announcement explaining a delay. While I appreciate the communication that's not a good track record.

@"Danikat.8537" said:Am I the only one who actually wants a "break" in the story for festivals? I know Anet have tried releasing two things at once a few times but for me it always means picking one to do now and one to leave until later - I was about a month 'late' starting HoT because it was released at the same time as Halloween and I wanted to do that first since it was temporary.

I certainly wouldn't want them to release Episode 5 and Wintersday at the same time, although I know I can leave the story to play later on. I'd prefer each release to get it's own 'window' of time to be the focus instead of trying to dump as much into the game at once as they can.

There are definitely sufficiently large gaps for them to do that, if episode 5 was ready they could have released it in November, for example, but they don't seem to be able to keep their 2-3 month schedule.

I'd personally much rather have new content than the 6th rerun of a festival and I certainly don't want them to delay releases to avoid festivals.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Keep in mind that huge delay of Kourna came entirely because of the Beetle causing heaps of issues & the general scope of the release, unfinished or not as it may be.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Well, as they normally only announce it when it's ready to go (a week before they ship it) it's hardly noteworthy that they've only delayed it once after announcing it.

What
is
noteworthy is that this is the third episode out of five where Mike Zadorojny has released an announcement explaining a delay. While I appreciate the communication that's not a good track record.

Well, sure, the system is a bit rusty.But would you rather Blizzard style? 2 years of nothing and then a big patch that lasts 3 months and then dies?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

What
is
noteworthy is that this is the third episode out of five where Mike Zadorojny has released an announcement explaining a delay. While I appreciate the communication that's not a good track record.

Well, sure, the system is a bit rusty.But would you rather Blizzard style? 2 years of nothing and then a big patch that lasts 3 months and then dies?

No, I'd rather they get back into the 2-3 month schedule they've set for themselves and stop posting announcements about delays. I believe Episode 4 was their best episode yet but it'll be close on (or in excess of) 4 months before Episode 5 releases and that's just too long a gap, IMO.

@Pifil.5193 said:

What
is

No, I'd rather they get back into the 2-3 month schedule they've set for themselves and stop posting announcements about delays. I believe Episode 4 was their best episode yet but it'll be close on (or in excess of) 4 months before Episode 5 releases and that's just too long a gap, IMO.

So you rather they upload what they have, regardless of patching, balancing and bugs?This isn’t a cooking show where you serve what you have when time’s up.That metroidvania director said it best.A delay is forgotten upon release, but a game remains bad forever

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

What
is

So you rather they upload what they have, regardless of patching, balancing and bugs?

No, that's not what I'm saying, I want them to get their act together and start delivering on schedule again.

I had no problems with the delays to fix the defects in Episode 2, it would be stupid to deliver broken content. I was a little less OK with them delaying Episode 3 due to reorganisng their teams and processes but OK. Episode 4 coming on time gave me renewed hope that they were back on track but now Episode 5 being postponed a month due to Christmas? Naw. I am a Software Engineer and we deliver quarterly releases including one two weeks before Christmas. That's our job so we do it.

This isn’t a cooking show where you serve what you have when time’s up.That metroidvania director said it best.A delay is forgotten upon release, but a game remains bad forever

That's a good quote, but not quite that applicable for a game that's constantly patched. :)

Archived